"Updates To Our Upgrade System"

Old May 24, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: 1K (since 2008), *G (since 1990), 1MM
Just posted a warning to monitor your GPU balances. I keep a reconciliation as I monitor PQMs and PQDs and have a column for GPU #.

MPSC claims an upgrade was not taken which I was looking to get back and knew it would take a call or an email. I am in France so sent an email.

I provided precise details of opening balance, used successful and what the balance should be.

I am all for not being able to jump the queue for upgrades but there is something wonky in the system.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Aussienarelle
Just posted a warning to monitor your GPU balances. I keep a reconciliation as I monitor PQMs and PQDs and have a column for GPU #.

MPSC claims an upgrade was not taken which I was looking to get back and knew it would take a call or an email. I am in France so sent an email.

I provided precise details of opening balance, used successful and what the balance should be.

I am all for not being able to jump the queue for upgrades but there is something wonky in the system.
Sometimes they don't return RPUs either. I have to write to the 1KVoice about one that was not returned last month. It had taken one hour with web support to have it waitlist. I guess the computer could not unstick it automatically since it took so much energy to apply it.
Old May 24, 2019, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Sometimes they don't return RPUs either. I have to write to the 1KVoice about one that was not returned last month. It had taken one hour with web support to have it waitlist. I guess the computer could not unstick it automatically since it took so much energy to apply it.
I don't use 1KVoice. I supppse if MPSC does not fix it I will need to escalate to somewhere like 1KVoice.
Old May 25, 2019, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't use 1KVoice. I supppse if MPSC does not fix it I will need to escalate to somewhere like 1KVoice.
I am pretty sure that if you contact 1KVoice, they just call MPSC on your behalf.
Old May 25, 2019, 3:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
I am pretty sure that if you contact 1KVoice, they just call MPSC on your behalf.
You may get some enhanced advocacy.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by Kacee
I agree. 1KVoice has taken care of many issues like this one, missing mileage, etc. and saved me the trouble of contacting MPSC, which has often been challenging to work with for me.
Old May 25, 2019, 6:17 pm

I'll use 1KVoice this year. Next year when I will drop down to Platinum, I'll use MPSC. At this point, I calculated that I need two TPACs or TATLs in P fare to get to 1K. Due to all the hassles of trying to get a P fare from my airport and the hassles with the plane configuration swaps, I'm not going to go for it......
Old May 26, 2019, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by lotemblizej

I agree. 1KVoice has taken care of many issues like this one, missing mileage, etc. and saved me the trouble of contacting MPSC, which has often been challenging to work with for me.
I'll use 1KVoice this year. Next year when I will drop down to Platinum, I'll use MPSC. At this point, I calculated that I need two TPACs or TATLs in P fare to get to 1K. Due to all the hassles of trying to get a P fare from my airport and the hassles with the plane configuration swaps, I'm not going to go for it......
After contacting 1KVoice my missing GPU was "located".
Old May 26, 2019, 6:21 pm

After contacting 1KVoice my missing GPU was "located".
You see. It's better to start at the top. Might me reconsider the not getting to 1K next year. But we are talking about $5,000. And the $5,000 for my wife as I always purchase her tickets in the same class I book when she joins me on my international long haul trips (which is always as she would be very unhappy if I left her home when I'm gone 8 to 15 days).
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old May 26, 2019, 6:33 pm

You see. It's better to start at the top. Might me reconsider the not getting to 1K next year. But we are talking about $5,000. And the $5,000 for my wife as I always purchase her tickets in the same class I book when she joins me on my international long haul trips (which is always as she would be very unhappy if I left her home when I'm gone 8 to 15 days).
OTOH missing GPUs are only a thing for 1Ks....

I normally call the 1K desk, well the 1K number where the CS agent announces they are the Premier Desk and usually for missing GPUs the 1K CS agents have to transfer me to the MPSC

First world problem and I am not feeling confident I am going to get to use my GPUs this year but it is nice to have the option of trying to get upgrades (and get frustrated at staying #1 on the upgrade list and staying there!).

P.S. Happy wife, happy life. 😍
Old May 27, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
In the recent week, I canceled 5 tickets. Each ticket is either upgraded or waitlisted with GPU/RPU.

Every single time, GPU/RPU was not re-deposited.

I had to call and babysit my hard-earned upgrades or they will be gone.

This is robbery.
Old May 27, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Flew to BOS earlier this month and tried (unsuccessfully) to use RPUs both ways. Still hadn't seen the RPUs redeposited in my account so I emailed 1KVoice this morning and got a response 10 minutes later saying they had credited the 2 RPUs back to my account so I could use them on my trip in 2 weeks.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:25 am

Asked a CS agent to apply a GPU to a reservation for me. Web did not show upgrade availability but when she applied the GPU the upgrade went through...but then it did not. She could see it had been taken from my account, showed the upgrade requested on the reservation but it did not register for the reservation i.e. she could not get me a seat. Took her about 15 mins to sort it out with the MPSC. So now for future GPU usage am going to call in as if it looks like it disappeared from my account, shows in the reservation but does not work at least the CS agent can see that.
Old May 30, 2019, 7:31 am

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Two other upgrade anomalies in past week:

1) I did not receive an email from United when my most recent upgrade request (GPU) cleared a few days ago. I had been regularly receiving them and found them helpful to know I can go and select a seat.
2) For that upgrade, I chose a seat in C on the app and it stuck. When I go onto the full United website and check the same itinerary, it should no seat selected. That has also not happened before.

Not sure either are related to the updates to the upgrade system, but I am also suspicious given past experience.
Aussienarelle likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
Again, upgrades failed to clear, but RPU didn't get redeposited.

This is really annoying.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.