Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Updates To Our Upgrade System"

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United 1K and 1MM, Marriott Ambassador
I canceled my ticket with waitlisted GPU. Normally the GPU got redeposited immediately.

But it's not returned to my account.

Has anyone experienced this?
Old May 18, 2019, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by kb1992
I canceled my ticket with waitlisted GPU. Normally the GPU got redeposited immediately.

But it's not returned to my account.

Has anyone experienced this?
Repeatedly post-2012.
EWR764 likes this.
Old May 18, 2019, 6:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mduell
Repeatedly post-2012.

First time ever for me after 2012 this happened.

When a ticket was completely canceled online, GPU always got back instantly.

IME, if I made a change to the ticket, or an agent handles the cancellation over the phone, then GPU might get lost in the process.
Air Houston likes this.
Old May 19, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Main effect of this upgrade seems to be the introduction of a bug in expire dates. Instead of a mix of last year's GPUs and this year's, they are all now incorrectly expiring at the end of the year. 12 of my GPUs were earned this year.

Global Premier Upgrades

19 Upgrades Expiration Date 01/31/2020

Last edited by dkmatter; May 19, 2019 at 7:50 am
Old May 19, 2019, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by dkmatter
Main effect of this upgrade seems to be the introduction of a bug in expire dates. Instead of a mix of last year's GPUs and this year's, they are all now incorrectly expiring at the end of the year. 12 of my GPUs were earned this year.

Global Premier Upgrades

Maybe it's like your MP card that expires 1/31/2020 even though you've requalified?
Old May 19, 2019, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
So I learned from a friendly phone agent that they shut the system down to migrate the instrument upgrade process over to the new Compass system.

Agents now have to call a supervisor to remove a waitlisted upgrade certificate.

I'm sure we'll learn of other "enhancements" as time goes by.
Old May 19, 2019, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Kacee
So I learned from a friendly phone agent that they shut the system down to migrate the instrument upgrade process over to the new Compass system.

Agents now have to call a supervisor to remove a waitlisted upgrade certificate.

What's the difference between Compass and old system?

If every canceled upgrade requires a phone call to get GPU/RPU back, that is a big step back. Very customer unfriendly.

But I am not surprised by all these "enhancements"
Old May 19, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by kb1992
If every canceled upgrade requires a phone call to get GPU/RPU back, that is a big step back. Very customer unfriendly.
"
Spent 20 mins on the phone with the agent today to get my upgrade back.
Old May 19, 2019, 11:02 am

how are we suppose to tell if we need to go call and add back the upgrade? I have a couple reservations but it appears online that it is still waitlisted.
Old May 19, 2019, 2:16 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club

I wonder if this means an end to jumping the queue
Old May 19, 2019, 2:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by eng3
That was my immediate thought. May make it more difficult to remove and reapply.
Old May 19, 2019, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eng3
That was my immediate thought. May make it more difficult to remove and reapply.
If it truly means an end to queue jumping — PZ never opens when there is a waitlist — that is OK with me.

But if, as I'm somewhat afraid, it just means that having a waitlisted upgrade request hamstrings the ability to catch open PZ — .
Old May 19, 2019, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dkmatter

Global Premier Upgrades

mine are showing correctly

7 Global Premier Upgrade(s) expiring 01/31/2021
9 Global Premier Upgrade(s) expiring 01/31/2020
Old May 19, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA GS 2MM, AA P 2MM, DL PM, US P, VS G, SPG LT P, HH D, HYATT P, PC P, AVIS PC, HERTZ PLAT
I'm seeing the exact same issue with the expire dates. All if mine now expire 1/31/2020 instead of the ones earned this year expiring 1/31/2021
Old May 24, 2019, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Plat
Upgrade oddities?

Oh this might explain some of my recent fun.

Applied 2 GPUs to two separate PNRs on the 20th, both cleared (PZ9) on first segment, waitlisted on second - seemed fine.

Got the usual red banner stating ticket needed reissued and to call, similar to the old website. Waited a bit, message vanished. Called anyway, told all looks fine.

Tried to upgrade one of the return legs, with copay, charged card and bailed to an error page.

Tried a GPU on the other one, similar but different error. GPU shows deducted and refunded.

Called 1K desk, to try sort the copay, 1h on hold, agent was working with another one trying to figure it out. Agent was super helpful and friendly, said to drop the call at the hour mark but they said they would work on it.

2 ish hours later the confirmation receipt! Phoned the following day and had them apply the GPU to the other ticket. All seemed well.

Though I notes some inconsistencies between what the app says and what the website said.

After spotting and reading this thread I checked again:

Outbound for one now shows CPU Eligible in the app (not GPU upgrade requested as it did before) but show CPU requested on the website (?) - way more than 96h out however.
Return shows no upgrade applied on either app or website - hopefully not another hour long call!

(And the other one seemingly is falling victim to the Friday night schedule shuffle - equipment change it seems, will see if the GPU sticks.)

Any idea if the new system is fully in place or still in flux?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.