Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Travel Waiver: San Francisco Severe Weather (May 15, 2019 - May 16, 2019)

Travel Waiver: San Francisco Severe Weather (May 15, 2019 - May 16, 2019)

Old Jun 25, 19, 12:04 am

Programs: UA MM (recovering former 1K), Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by climmy View Post
Wow. That sounds a bit bitter. Remember, SFO grew up in spite of the weather problems, not because of it. Good luck connecting to all of those international destinations at OAK.
As a multi-year UA 1K living in the East Bay, I think I have a right to be bitter. I can't begin to tally up the hours of my life wasted either waiting for mainline aircraft to arrive, or being stuck at IAH waiting for a takeoff slot, even at 9:30 AM on a day when there is no precipitation. However, I think you may have missed the point. Currently, I'm travelling from OAK domestically on WN.

Once relocated, I will have my choice of DFW or IAH as close-in, either connections from AUS or a ~3 hour drive to catch a direct TATL, and with LH flying non-stop to FRA, that may not be necessary. If connecting say to a TPAC, I'll choose SEA, LAX, or even DEN, etc. Sure, any airport can have delays on any given day, but SFO is king of the hill, even when it's just "low clouds".

Cheers.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 25, 19 at 2:42 pm Reason: repaired quote

Search this Thread
Search Engine: