Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New Spider-man Themed Safety Video & Amenity Kit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 13, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

New Spider-man Themed Safety Video & Amenity Kit

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus, Southwest Rapid Rewards, Amtrak Guest Rewards
I saw Spidey-themed UA banners at ORD when I flew home a couple weeks ago. This only makes sense. I like the photo of Stan at the beginning.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: Lifetime UA GS 22 million,AA 1m ,Hilton Li fetime diamond,marriott lifetime platinum hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by chavala

But some of us grew out of comics and cartoons many years ago and prefer not to have it forced upon us in a “safety” video.
c’mom everybody. ‘forced upon” really? I can’t be the only business person on FlyerTalk. Have you stopped attending all sporting events? Dozens of cross promotions are “forced upon you every SECOND there is no action! It’s so good to know who is the “official” taco, car dealer, insurance, airline, hotel, car rental company, popcorn ,hotdog etc of every team in every sport! Should we talk about TV? How about those 15 promotions forced upon us before a movie is played at the local theatre? All of this is what makes the world go round. I think a lot of these comments belong in the thread of “most trivial things to complain about”.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by chavala

But some of us grew out of comics and cartoons many years ago and prefer not to have it forced upon us in a “safety” video.
"forced" seems to be a very strong word and having such an adverse reaction by including a comic hero is quite interesting.

Even if you didn't enjoy/appreciate/like having Spiderman in the video, you watched it and it made enough of an impact that you posted a comment on flyertalk. Hopefully, you got some of the safety information for the aircraft you were on as well.Great job United! Flyers are watching the video. Safety first!!
JetBunny and ExplorerWannabe like this.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 7:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Video was fine IMO. But no new amenity kit on SFO-AMS today. Instead both me and my neighbour got two of the zippered pouches.
Old Jun 4, 2019, 8:38 pm

SFO-NRT today. We had an assortment of Amenity Kits. Mine was the 747 tin can and my neighbor's was the zippered clam shell pouch.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Various
We received the 'clean the world' tin cans out of LAX earlier this week (the ones with the thin lid that pops off, not the two metal cases that slide together). I was hoping for the Spider Man ones to pass on to the kids, but it seems not yet.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K; National Executive Elite; Hertz PC & Hotels Galore
New LED ads at O'Hare

Old Jun 9, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by gmt4
We were surpisred since we got the newest rectangular shaped dark gray colored kits with the polaris logo embossed on them on the outbound EWR-CDG, but the tin cans on the CDG-EWR return on Sunday. Maybe UA is trying to flush out the last of the remnants.

Consistently inconsistent UA.

Spiderman kits are probably a myth..
IAD-PEK - tin (not 747 embossed though)
PEK-IAD (a few days later) - rectangular zippered pouch.

No spidey anything except for the video, which I think you have to be a spiderman fan to appreciate fully (which I'm not).
Old Jun 9, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
We don’t have to wear Spiderman pajamas, do we?
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:23 am

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
No Superman for me

Flight 932 IAD-FRA had neither the Superman safely video nor the Superman amenity kit. Old school black/white Saks half moon bag was what we got, along with the"de nada" safety video.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold
Flight 182, DEN-FRA, old school amenity kit.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:34 pm

Programs: UA GS
Got the new amenity kit today EWR-PRG. There is a blue version and a red version, and other than the contents you wouldn’t know it was a spider-man kit. Extremely attractive faux-leather pouch that might be my favorite United kit ever. Stamped around the outside with various old school destination stamps.

As for the contents...hilarious. Spidey socks and mask. Everyone seemed to love them.

Old Jun 14, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
June 10th, ORD-LHR had the Spiderman safety video, but the old oval tins for amenity.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Thursday sfo-pek had old video and tins. Hopefully they’ll have the Spider-Man kits on our return from Shanghai early July
Old Jun 15, 2019, 5:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Today's FRA-IAD #988 had the new video (was not impressed, but then I have not seen any of the Spider-Man movies) and the old metal tins.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.