Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA SFO-AMS Half flight empty but no Business Saver

UA SFO-AMS Half flight empty but no Business Saver

Old May 2, 19, 1:57 pm
  #31  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: TX
Programs: UA Plat, Marriott G, Hilton G, SPG G
Posts: 491
Originally Posted by PreMerger View Post
There are only 6 available J seats tonight as of the time of this post so no, the flight isn't half empty up front.
?? There are only 27 people booked into Polaris for today's SFO>AMS flight.
txaggiemiles is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 1:57 pm
  #32  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Posts: 5,858
Originally Posted by warakorn View Post
How do you know that?

Seatmaps are not a very reliable indicator.
I have seen it all. Flight with full seatmaps are empty. Flights with empty seatmap are full.
Though here it showed J9. Flight status shows 27/48 booked.
drewguy is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 1:59 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Posts: 5,858
Originally Posted by findark View Post
No, cheap programming says, "can we just add a rule that PZ=0 on this route"? Much easier than trying to load-balance.
Maybe one of the non-revs on the waitlist is the programmer.
escapefromphl, narvik and SwaBiz like this.
drewguy is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 2:05 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by txaggiemiles View Post
?? There are only 27 people booked into Polaris for today's SFO>AMS flight.
UA EmpRes only shows 6 available J seats and 7 in Y so I am not sure where you're getting your info from?
PreMerger is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 2:07 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: UA 1K, AA, DL, LH, VX, HA
Posts: 5,858
Originally Posted by PreMerger View Post
UA EmpRes only shows 6 available J seats and 7 in Y so I am not sure where you're getting your info from?
I think we're both looking at UA's public flight status info, which shows how many seats are "booked". Are there greater limits on Non-revs?
drewguy is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 2:10 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 15
Originally Posted by drewguy View Post
I think we're both looking at UA's public flight status info, which shows how many seats are "booked". Are there greater limits on Non-revs?
You know what, I made a mistake. I was looking at tomorrows flight. Oooof.
Todays flight has 21J/12Y available.

Dohhh
txaggiemiles likes this.
PreMerger is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 2:11 pm
  #37  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: None - previously UA
Posts: 3,024
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
i wonder if they'll open up at t-2
Nothing changed at T-2 wrt to I space still I0
escapefromphl is online now  
Old May 2, 19, 2:29 pm
  #38  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 80
Business class is still almost half empty
no award seats open
i went to airport and no luck
gadgetfreaky is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 2:39 pm
  #39  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DEN
Programs: UA MM 1K; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Posts: 15,512
Flight status now shows 29 booked, 38 checked in, 10 seats available, and 15 assumed non-revs on the lists. WTH?
Bonehead is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 2:40 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: None - previously UA
Posts: 3,024
Originally Posted by findark View Post
No, cheap programming says, "can we just add a rule that PZ=0 on this route"? Much easier than trying to load-balance.
I suspect its more like if origin or destination == SFO then PZ=0; I=0.
djmp likes this.
escapefromphl is online now  
Old May 2, 19, 2:44 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: None - previously UA
Posts: 3,024
Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
Flight status now shows 29 booked, 38 checked in, 10 seats available, and 15 assumed non-revs on the lists. WTH?
A bunch of the nonrevs cleared standby and the upgrade to business
escapefromphl is online now  
Old May 2, 19, 2:44 pm
  #42  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DEN
Programs: UA MM 1K; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Posts: 15,512
Originally Posted by escapefromphl View Post
I suspect its more like if origin or destination == SFO then PZ=0; I=0.
PZ=9 for a little while now...

Originally Posted by escapefromphl View Post
A bunch of the nonrevs cleared standby and into business
Yes, but they apparently don't count as "booked".
Bonehead is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 3:00 pm
  #43  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 80
Even after all the non rev cleared still free j class but no save space
Went to airport and no luck
...?
gadgetfreaky is offline  
Old May 2, 19, 3:15 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: None - previously UA
Posts: 3,024
It was a good day to be non-rev looks like only a few didn't clear into business.

escapefromphl is online now  
Old May 2, 19, 3:19 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: CLE
Programs: UA GS+LT UC, AA LT PLT, Fairmont LT PLT, SPG PLT, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Avis CHM.
Posts: 3,847
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
Business class is still almost half empty
no award seats open
i went to airport and no luck
Why didn't you book Plan B?
ctownflyer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: