Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Being able to hear cabin announcements

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by kale73
I pay attention to the safety briefings at least 80% of the time (sometimes I fall asleep before it takes place) but I don't ever recall being told the location of a fire extinguisher or where the plane was built.
As someone noted the fire extinguisher requirement is for flights without FAs, and the plane assembly requirement is in the section on the safety information card, not the oral announcement.
Old May 5, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by threeoh
As someone noted the fire extinguisher requirement is for flights without FAs, and the plane assembly requirement is in the section on the safety information card, not the oral announcement.
Interesting. I suppose the flight crew has to give the safety briefing when there is no FA?

And how in the world is the place of the plane's assembly relevant on the safety information card? I presume that if a plane is operating in a given nation's airspace that it has been approved by that nation's governing authority, so what difference does it make vis-a-vis safety where it was assembled? If I've boarded a flight and see that the SIC says the plane was assembled in, I don't know, let's say France, and that information freaks me out can I demand to take a later flight?

Also, what relation does the printed Safety Information Card have with being unable to hear cabin annoucements?
Old May 5, 2019, 3:43 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by garykung
Hence - nothing can be done.
Ah ! The eternal optimist here thinks if we revert back to old days when we were taught Civic & Good Citizenery coupled with a solid sense of what is right and wrong by parents & then teachers, we can have ALL paying attention ! Yeah, I am a dreamer.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:03 am

Interesting. I suppose the flight crew has to give the safety briefing when there is no FA?
I assume so too, but I've never been on a flight with no FA. I'm sure someone here can chime in.

And how in the world is the place of the plane's assembly relevant on the safety information card? ?
I assume this clause was inserted by Boeing lobbyists; again someone here probably has the full story.

Also, what relation does the printed Safety Information Card have with being unable to hear cabin annoucements?
It just happens to be in the same regulation, which covers both the safety announcement and the safety card, and that regulation was quoted in full. But the way the indents pasted into FT, it wasn't clear where the section breaks were.
Old May 6, 2019, 8:46 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP

<SNIPPED>

A It is a back up if you for whatever reason did not hear the PA.
B There maybe enough time after Emergency is announced to REVIEW it.
C I still review it immediately after the PA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.