Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toddler socks in the new amenity kit

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2019, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by FL390
Thank you for your support follow sock over sock. We must band together and stand strong in the face of this oppression.
"This aggression will not stand, man."

(First half cashews, now half socks... oh, the humanity!)
LordHamster likes this.
Old May 2, 2019, 10:56 pm

And here I thought I was the only one to notice that the new socks are way too small. I’m a women’s size ~9.5 and I found them very constricting. I can hear Scott Kirby approving this change.... “And with the tinier Polaris socks, we’ll save $0.03 per amenity kit!”
Old May 2, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K
I’m a meager men’s 9.5, and I found them a poor fit. Bring back the calf high golfing tweed!
Old Oct 11, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
Toddlers socks are back

Now that Spider-Man kits are gone, the regular kits are back and they once again include socks for toddlers. I heard a number of people around me today on flt 952 ord-muc complain about how the socks do not fit. Instead there was a 20 year old nasty flight attendant supervisor Taylor who told flight attendants not to do predeparture, even though boarding was on time. This was because they hadn’t boarded crew pillows. This young supervisor has new clue and needs a new job. I then found out inflight that all flight attendant supervisors are new hire flight attendants trying to show off (words from crew mouth).
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by chgodrew
Now that Spider-Man kits are gone, the regular kits are back and they once again include socks for toddlers. I heard a number of people around me today on flt 952 ord-muc complain about how the socks do not fit. Instead there was a 20 year old nasty flight attendant supervisor Taylor who told flight attendants not to do predeparture, even though boarding was on time. This was because they hadn’t boarded crew pillows. This young supervisor has new clue and needs a new job. I then found out inflight that all flight attendant supervisors are new hire flight attendants trying to show off (words from crew mouth).
You should complain.
(Although the last part sounds implausible.)
ajGoes likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 11:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by chgodrew
Now that Spider-Man kits are gone
I did not get a single spider man kit as all of my international flights were loaded with the old kit. The new PDMQP, or whatever it's called now, changes aside the real reason I'm going to leave is to find an airline that provides proper socks for adults.
narvik and wrp96 like this.
Old Oct 12, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by FL390
...the real reason I'm going to leave is to find an airline that provides proper socks for adults.
Haha, that's as good a reason as any!
^
Old Oct 12, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: UA GS, HH Diamond
I'm 5'8" on a good day so these socks are like knee highs for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.