Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Premium Plus on 787-10; Closet access?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2019, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Plat, Avis Pres, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold Fairmont Pres
Premium Plus on 787-10; Closet access?

I am on a flight to LAX on the 787-10 with new Premium Plus seats. Do you know if the FAs will give closet access to Prem Plus passengers. I will be carrying a suit in a garment bag and would like to have it placed in the closet instead of stuffed in my luggage or overhead. Any experience with this?

Thanks
Old Apr 26, 2019, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
I think you will be fine. I have seen numerous times FAs put a garment bag from Econ passenger into closets.
As long as there is room, I doubt you will be refused. If you are travelling in warm weather season, even better.

Ask nicely, and always better if it isn't huge / stuffed full.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Montyaloofah
I am on a flight to LAX on the 787-10 with new Premium Plus seats. Do you know if the FAs will give closet access to Prem Plus passengers. I will be carrying a suit in a garment bag and would like to have it placed in the closet instead of stuffed in my luggage or overhead. Any experience with this?

Thanks
Priority will be given to J pax.

I would ask nicely. The worst response would be no.

Heck, I have had FAs (of a lot of airlines) not caring about J pax personal wardrobe.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: UA 1K; VA Gold; QF Gold; HHonors Gold; Marriott Gold; National ExecElite
Is there even a closet on the aircraft? Most of the newer interiors eliminated them, replaced by hanging hooks behind the last row of F/J.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by Boofer
Is there even a closet on the aircraft? Most of the newer interiors eliminated them, replaced by hanging hooks behind the last row of F/J.
Yes. Multiple.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by Boofer
Pretty sure that's only the Airbus narrowbodies (the CR7 is also lacking a closet).
Old Apr 26, 2019, 12:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Montyaloofah
I am on a flight to LAX on the 787-10 with new Premium Plus seats. Do you know if the FAs will give closet access to Prem Plus passengers. b,,,
Suspect you are referring to EWR-LAX, as such, there are no PP fares for that flight, you are an economy passager and not PP and your service level is E+. Do not expect any extra privileges being in Row 20,21,22 of economy.

There is 1 full-size closet on 787-10 (in front of Row 1A), so close space is limited but potentially available. Don't remember any hanging space behind seats.

Ask as you enter the plane, but one small closet and 44 business class passenger suit jackets / coats are going to be a tight squeeze. Better chances in the summer.
Old Apr 26, 2019, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Suspect you are referring to EWR-LAX, as such, there are no PP fares for that flight, you are an economy passager and not PP and your service level is E+. Do not expect any extra privileges being in Row 20,21,22 of economy.

There is 1 full-size closet on 787-10 (in front of Row 1A), so close space is limited but potentially available. Don't remember any hanging space behind seats.

Ask as you enter the plane, but one small closet and 44 business class passenger suit jackets / coats are going to be a tight squeeze. Better chances in the summer.
There are also two smaller closets by 2L and 2R doors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.