Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MP Earnings when doing bid / cash upgrades with *A partners [Consolidated]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MP Earnings when doing bid / cash upgrades with *A partners [Consolidated]

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2018, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
TOD Upgrade on Partners

I purchased following flight on United website (016 ticket):

DEL-MUC-IAD

IAD-MUC-DEL

DEL-MUC segments are operated by Lufthansa. Will I get TOD offers for Lufthansa segments? What would be advisable approach to getting Lufthansa segments upgraded?
Old May 22, 2018, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hokiebuy
I purchased following flight on United website (016 ticket):

DEL-MUC-IAD

IAD-MUC-DEL

DEL-MUC segments are operated by Lufthansa. Will I get TOD offers for Lufthansa segments? What would be advisable approach to getting Lufthansa segments upgraded?
Never heard of or seen such offers, unfortunately. If you need the LH legs upgraded, they will have to be an eligible fare class for mileage upgrade or GPU applications.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ht-credit.html
How to upgrade with UA miles on Star Alliance carriers
Old May 22, 2018, 9:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Lufthansa does cash upgrades but must be an LH issued ticket

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...rade-pe-c.html

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 22, 2018 at 9:35 pm Reason: tweaked url
Old May 23, 2018, 12:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
LH offers airport upgrades if space is available. PE ranges between $250 and $350 pp depending on the distance and Biz can be $800-$1000 pp. Check with agent at check in. Have done it several times for BOM-MUC/FRA. Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be an LH issued ticket. All mine were UA issued, 016 stock.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
K to N on DXB-FRA. 016 ticket; native LH number. Offered 45 days out for $230 on LH website. Also offered K to P for $690.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:48 am

Programs: UA 1K, Amex Plat, UA Club Card, National EE, Global Entry, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by IADFlyer123
LH offers airport upgrades if space is available. PE ranges between $250 and $350 pp depending on the distance and Biz can be $800-$1000 pp. Check with agent at check in. Have done it several times for BOM-MUC/FRA. Also, it doesn't necessarily have to be an LH issued ticket. All mine were UA issued, 016 stock.
Thanks. This is P fare biz class ticket, looking to upgrade to F. Will check at airport if offer is presented and report back here.

P fare - not eligible for upgrade per star alliance upgrade award chart.
Old May 23, 2018, 7:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 0.6 MM
Go to the lufthansa.com website. You can check your itin and sometimes do buy-ups there.

Sometimes this works, I bought up to P DEL-FRA a few weeks ago. The FRA-DEL leg was not buy-uppable, but I was able to buy up to Premium Economy at the LH Lounge. So YMMV -- even on the same itin.
Old May 26, 2018, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by hokiebuy

Thanks. This is P fare biz class ticket, looking to upgrade to F. Will check at airport if offer is presented and report back here.

P fare - not eligible for upgrade per star alliance upgrade award chart.
get yourself access to a GPU ... that can now upgrade P fares.
Old May 26, 2018, 2:27 pm
Ari
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cfischer
On Lufthansa? Since when?
Old May 26, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA MM
In April I bought Premium Economy on 016 stock by calling UA (hint: ask for the fare class, I think it is G, E, and N, but not "Premium Economy"). Then on the LH web site I was offered a buy up, which I took on the outgoing flight. When it came time to check in on 18 May, the outward reservation did not show on the record. I had to call LH and someone said that for an unexplainable reason LH had cancelled that ticket on 15 May. I was able to get back into a Premium Economy seat but not business class. And so far I have not been able to get a refund on that - I got brushed off to the "customer feedback" web site when I tries with a human LH agent at FRA yesterday on the way home.

Further, LH somehow screwed up my trip with whatever info they need to file with US CBP because on may way home last night I got sent to a secondary screening because something didn't make sense. From the questions I was asked there (after an hour wait) I had no real explanation but there was clearly some confusing info.

I'm not going that route again. I get more miles booking on 016 but the hassle was not worth it.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
On Lufthansa? Since when?
That discussion is going on in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...ht-credit.html thread

and LH booking class P, Z upgreadable for miles and eVouchers at thread in the LH forum

Must be native LH flight number but presently UA appears to be unwilling to convert codeshares with P fares -- for more see the first referenced thread.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Jun 22, 2018, 10:10 pm

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA
UA credit on AirNZ “OneUp”

Have a paid premium economy ticket on Air NZ. Considering an advance buy-up to J using a “OneUp” one week in advance.

Would this generally credit more PQM? Or is it based on initial ticketing (Y+).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jun 23, 2018 at 12:33 am Reason: merged into existing thread
Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by mcavin
Have a paid premium economy ticket on Air NZ. Considering an advance buy-up to J using a “OneUp” one week in advance.

Would this generally credit more PQM? Or is it based on initial ticketing (Y+).
Previous reports suggest this books into R and therefore the mileage credit will be based on original purchased fare class.
Old Apr 12, 2019, 10:55 am

Programs: AA Plat, UA P1K
AC Bid Upgrade- MileagePlus earnings

Hi All,
New to the UA elite side, did a search and I couldn't find what I was looking for. I recently was awarded an AC Bid upgrade on a flight to Europe. When I looked I noticed that it changed the booking class to R, which according to the Fly With Air Canada page on UA says that fare class doesn't earn PQM, PQS or Award Miles. Will i still get those for the original class of service that was booked? Anyone have any experience with this?
Old Apr 12, 2019, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by dc9flyernwa
Hi All,
New to the UA elite side, did a search and I couldn't find what I was looking for. I recently was awarded an AC Bid upgrade on a flight to Europe. When I looked I noticed that it changed the booking class to R, which according to the Fly With Air Canada page on UA says that fare class doesn't earn PQM, PQS or Award Miles. Will i still get those for the original class of service that was booked? Anyone have any experience with this?
These bid upgrades on partners have had issues and may take post-flight manual intervention to get posted. It is a matter of how the partner reports the data to UA. So you will have to wait to see how it posts and then may have to do further followup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.