Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Global Services Wait Time

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 11:24 am

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by saccoNY
I am very appreciative for all the GS benefits but it’s so complicated sometimes and that to get somethings done takes layers upon layers of bureaucracy. If an agent is helping me for an hour each time its a huge drain on resources and they obviously cannot help anyone else.
i agree. Something as "simple" as applying upgrades to award tickets or using companion perks leads to a 30-75 minute ordeal where the agent struggles through the manual process to do whatever.

Considering the value of GS'ers , you'd think UA would invest a little to make these typical processes quicker so GSers can get on with things and agents can tackle the issue of other high value customers.
Old May 5, 2019, 1:02 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Last couple weeks, been quoted wait times between 5-15 minutes as well. Just called right now at 3pm ET May 5th, same thing. Is this the new status quo? I've never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes in the last couple years of being GS
Old May 5, 2019, 3:49 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
First call this afternoon I was connected immediately. Second call I was quoted four minutes, got connected in five or six minutes.
Old May 5, 2019, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA GS
I've been GS for a few years (this years qualification was an interesting story that included emails to Oscar and other execs) but rarely call in. However, whenever I do I always get the "do you want to respond to a survey" question. Normal?

Brian
Old May 5, 2019, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by bslepko
I've been GS for a few years (this years qualification was an interesting story that included emails to Oscar and other execs) but rarely call in. However, whenever I do I always get the "do you want to respond to a survey" question. Normal?

Brian
Let's hear it!

I get the same message every so often
Old May 6, 2019, 2:00 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Just called a few minutes ago (2:45 am Central) and was quoted a wait of five to ten minutes. Agent came on after a little more than one minute.
Old May 6, 2019, 3:18 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by bslepko

Brian
Yes, I get this every single time I call. Just press "2" as soon as the recorded voice starts asking, and it'll go away.
Old May 6, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
I was speaking with an agent on Sunday evening who was fixing something up for me. I got through immediately and the agent was excellent.
I made mention just in passing that it was the quickest I had got through in a while, she told me they were slammed , that she was part time but had
worked extra hours for months. No judgement , just a data point
Old May 6, 2019, 7:11 pm

So I noticed this starting in February. I’m wondering if they let in more GS then normal but didn’t upstaff?

i emailed Oscar and got a call back from someone saying they have made “no staffing reductions” for GS call support
Old May 7, 2019, 8:03 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Called GS line yesterday to move to an earlier MSP > ORD flight. Instantly picked up, moved me on my P fare to first on the earlier flight and then I asked if she could also move my colleague (no status, separate PNR) over to the same earlier flight which she did as well. The E175 was wide open which made it easier but the call lasted 3 minutes and she was great.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I don't really mind waiting for the GS line if I am in the US. But, when I am calling from a foreign country, then it's annoying to see minutes tick by waiting for the GS rep to come on. My accounting rep just hates seeing phone charges for United.
Old May 7, 2019, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by MostlyUA
I don't really mind waiting for the GS line if I am in the US. But, when I am calling from a foreign country, then it's annoying to see minutes tick by waiting for the GS rep to come on. My accounting rep just hates seeing phone charges for United.
Download Google voice..
Old May 7, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: UA GS, Lifetime 4 MM, BA Gold, , Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Good idea. Thanks. I've never used the app.
Old May 7, 2019, 11:25 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Kleinnaf
Download Google voice..
or Skype
or .... multiple other "free" web base VOIPs

or set your smartphone up for Wi-Fi Calling
Old May 8, 2019, 1:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MostlyUA
Good idea. Thanks. I've never used the app.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
or Skype
or .... multiple other "free" web base VOIPs

or set your smartphone up for Wi-Fi Calling
Interesting suggestions; is there a way via WhatsApp as well?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.