Wiki Posts
Search

Global Services Wait Time

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA -GS 4.5 MM, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Diamond
Global Services Wait Time

Have any of the other GS members noticed the relatively long wait time when calling Global Services? I remember in past years, one or two rings and you were contacted to an agent. Now, it rings, tells you that your are being connected to a GS agent and typically a follow-up message that your wait time is expected to be 5 minutes. Now 5 minutes is not long and I'm sure that the wait time on the other Mileage Plus lines is longer, but this is the GS line. What is happening? They are accurate though, 4:57 and the line was answered.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Silver
i have called 4 times in the past week and waited at least 5 minutes every time.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: United Lifetime 1K, Global Service, Marriott LTTE, Hyatt GLobalist, AA MM,Hertz PC, Global Entry
Just had a 5 minute wait time
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:03 am

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Over 5 minutes for me today too. The agent was sure to ask about a Hertz rental car, even though the call was about a reservation I made a long time ago......
LAXOGG likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Same experiences for me , I wrote to GS a couple of weeks ago , I had a Frontier flight I had to change and got thru to them quicker than the GS line for a flight change in the same schedule.
Abysimal
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Smile

Originally Posted by porciuscato
Over 5 minutes for me today too. The agent was sure to ask about a Hertz rental car, even though the call was about a reservation I made a long time ago......
You guys better try the 1k line. I got though twice today with no hold.....
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
You guys better try the 1k line. I got though twice today with no hold.....
I will do a test... what's the number ?
glasman19 likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Gold
I called in as a Gold today... and waited about 30 seconds!
Icydubloon likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
I had two calls today and waited 4 and 5 minutes respectively. I have noticed this as well the last two weeks as well. This is very inconvenient when I am on the way to the airport and need to make a change to leave a couple of hours earlier.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:47 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
Same here - keep getting 5 minute waits, which I never got as a 1K.

I tried calling 1K to get around the GS wait time, but it recognized my phone number and put me in the GS queue.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Glad I am 1K 2 second wait time
cranky1K and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 5:23 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cfischer
Glad I am 1K 2 second wait time
I rarely have a reason to call the 1K line. But, when I do call, every time I get the message that my call will be answered when an agent is available and then immediately I hear that ringing tone and I get an agent. So, yes, 5 minute wait for GS is pathetic. However, for me, the quality of the agent responding is more important than the wait time. When I was Chairman's Preferred on USAirways I could easily recognize the agents based in Charlotte. Same thing when I was BA Gold for the agents based in Manchester. They had a can-do attitude that made every problem disappear.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: UA GS
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
So, yes, 5 minute wait for GS is pathetic. However, for me, the quality of the agent responding is more important than the wait time. When I was Chairman's Preferred on USAirways I could easily recognize the agents based in Charlotte. Same thing when I was BA Gold for the agents based in Manchester. They had a can-do attitude that made every problem disappear.
IMHO, the same thing can be said for the HNL GS reps.
LIH and glasman19 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by StuckinITH
I rarely have a reason to call the 1K line. But, when I do call, every time I get the message that my call will be answered when an agent is available and then immediately I hear that ringing tone and I get an agent. So, yes, 5 minute wait for GS is pathetic. However, for me, the quality of the agent responding is more important than the wait time. When I was Chairman's Preferred on USAirways I could easily recognize the agents based in Charlotte. Same thing when I was BA Gold for the agents based in Manchester. They had a can-do attitude that made every problem disappear.
back in the days of NW Plat I knew when I got Chisholm ... every airline has superb call centers worth waiting for ... it's just hard to control unless you want to call in the middle of the night just to talk to HNL
Old Apr 23, 2019, 7:48 pm

Programs: DYKWIA, But I'm a "Diamond Guest" UA 1K/2MM
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
I will do a test... what's the number ?
I'm wondering that too. I haven't been 1K for years, so I have no idea what the number is. Can someone PM it to me?

EDIT: got it. I'll probably be trying this tomorrow or the next time the GS line announces a 4 minute wait.

Last edited by porciuscato; Apr 23, 2019 at 8:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.