Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit “together” in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by findark
This. If you are on the same aisle it's easy to pop in and say hi from time to time. We even did 9A and 9L once (frame swaps) and it was just fine. "Sharing the whole flight" is not going to happen in this Polaris cabin.
We like 3L & 5L. We peek our heads up every now & then & wave hello!
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by physioprof
I fly LHR-EWR route frequently with my wife on 763, and we are perfectly happy doing our own things in our separate pods & visiting one another every hour or so to say hello. Perhaps your parents would be OK with this? Because the Polaris seats are VASTLY more comfortable than PP.
Thank you so much for insight. I too feel the benefits of the upgrade far outweigh the one downside not sitting side by side. If I may impose a bit more, would suggest they one behind the other or window and aisle?
I sure appreciate it.

Thank you. So would you suggest a window and middle seat over on in front of each other?
Thanks again.

Originally Posted by physioprof
We like 3L & 5L. We peek our heads up every now & then & wave hello!
Thank you.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 26, 2020 at 7:13 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Feb 26, 2020, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by sannmann
I’m wondering if folks think upgrade percentages will be better/easier on these high-J 767 aircraft. I’m waitlisted for PZ on an upcoming high-J 767; economy is pretty heavily booked while J and PP are pretty empty.
I think so, at least during times (seasons and days of week) when business travel is not in high demand.
I have been op-up'd a couples times to business on these things, so a supported upgrade should be pretty good odds comparatively.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 8:54 pm

Going to be flying this with the wife and kids (ages 7 & 8). Thoughts on the best seats for keeping an eye on kids. Will likely need to be aisle-aisle I am guessing.
Old Apr 22, 2020, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Falimz
Going to be flying this with the wife and kids (ages 7 & 8). Thoughts on the best seats for keeping an eye on kids. Will likely need to be aisle-aisle I am guessing.
You might get some more insight, if you spell out the cabin you will be travelling in.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 5:43 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by cesco.g
You might get some more insight, if you spell out the cabin you will be travelling in.
Kinda doubt these birds will be flying anytime soon...
Old Apr 23, 2020, 6:11 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Kinda doubt these birds will be flying anytime soon...
No kidding. This is one of those birds that is/was great for business travelers when it was retrofitted & introduced.
I could see UA struggling to redeploy it in any lucrative way though; won't be easy to fill all those J seats!

If in Economy, maybe a A&B and a L&K, one parent and one child per.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 6:48 am

Ah that would help. Looking for the best seats to keep an eye on the kids in J.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
Ah that would help. Looking for the best seats to keep an eye on the kids in J.
(bolding mine)
Oh, in J?
That's not particularly easy, as the Polaris seats -especially on this 1-1-1 arrangement- are rather private.
Old Apr 23, 2020, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by narvik
(bolding mine)
Oh, in J?
That's not particularly easy, as the Polaris seats -especially on this 1-1-1 arrangement- are rather private.
Yea, I figured. Thinking maybe 1F-2L and 3F-4L

Last edited by Falimz; Apr 23, 2020 at 2:29 pm
Old Dec 26, 2020, 3:59 pm

Programs: IHG Gold Ambassador
Yea, I figured. Thinking maybe 1F-2L and 3F-4L
What did you end up doing here? We are in the same predicament.

Last edited by mgobluetex; Dec 26, 2020 at 4:01 pm Reason: @ was to wrong person
Old Dec 27, 2020, 11:28 am

Seat 9A/L is my favorite on the plane. Big blue engine and 2 windows in perfect alignment.

Lots of window seats out of alignment, or missing windows, on this ship.
cesco.g likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2021, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Per seat map 1A and 1L are "facing" lavs in front; knowing from the B781 it isn't necessary an issue. How about on this bird?
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:45 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
I am going to be flying on this config on Friday from IAH-EWR. Right now it is showing booked 16 seats + 16 seats blocked. Are these seat blocks typical for this config in case of a last minute swap? I’be never flown on this one and just wondering if it is a contingency or other reason like staffing etc. thanks.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
I am going to be flying on this config on Friday from IAH-EWR. Right now it is showing booked 16 seats + 16 seats blocked. Are these seat blocks typical for this config in case of a last minute swap? I’be never flown on this one and just wondering if it is a contingency or other reason like staffing etc. thanks.
Yes, 16 J seats are blocked in case they swap back to a 30J aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.