Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit “together” in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2020, 2:50 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by zagat4
I tend to like window...
Given the PP cabin location there is a limited view of anything other than the wing
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:00 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Given the PP cabin location there is a limited view of anything other than the wing
So you would take one of the middle bulkheads in PP as first choice in that cabin?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
So you would take one of the middle bulkheads in PP as first choice in that cabin?
Aisle access is #1 for me and no one needing me to move for their access to the aisle is #2 . Some are bothered by the bulkhead fold away IFE, I am not. You will find me in 20B when traveling with my wife and 20D (or 20B) in other cases.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:08 pm

Aisle access is #1 for me and no one needing me to move for their access to the aisle is #2 . Some are bothered by the bulkhead fold away IFE, I am not. You will find me in 20B when traveling with my wife and 20D (or 20B) in other cases.
Thank you. And another question - solo night flight in Polaris on way to London. I booked 9L but pretty much everything is available. What do you think ? I plan to just go to sleep.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:12 pm

Thank you. And another question - solo night flight in Polaris on way to London. I booked 9L but pretty much everything is available. What do you think ? I plan to just go to sleep.
Odd row windows Polaris seats are generally considered the "best" -- a row or two away from gallery / bathrooms.

If you want a view, single digit odd row window seats.
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:14 pm

Odd row windows Polaris seats are generally considered the "best" -- a row or two away from gallery / bathrooms.

If you want a view single digit odd row window seats.
meaning you would take row 15 over 9?
Old Jan 3, 2020, 3:16 pm

meaning you would take row 15 over 9?
no, row 9 will have a view, row 15 will have a limited view.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:31 pm

Premium Plus seat recommendations

I have just booked a flight for a 767-300 Premium Plus for the first time ORD-ZRH. I’m looking at Row 20 aisle/window and 21 middle seats. They’re both bulkhead rows, and I was wondering if anybody has experience and recommendations for either of these locations.

Thanks.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 4:55 pm

Welcome to FT!, Phil37830
Originally Posted by Phil37830
I have just booked a flight for a 767-300 Premium Plus for the first time ORD-ZRH. I’m looking at Row 20 aisle/window and 21 middle seats. .....
Moved your post to the 763 Hi-J thead
plus as the PP cabins are fairly similar, you might find Premium Plus (Premium Economy) seats and Experience useful

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Jan 8, 2020 at 5:03 pm
Old Jan 9, 2020, 7:40 pm

On a 763 High J LHR-EWR any strong opinions about 21L (window second row PP) vs. 21F (center aisle, which seems to be first row PP and perhaps bulkhead?). I am flying solo during day. Thanks!
This a very different set of choices
Key differences
-- Window seat with non-direct aisle access, non-bulkhead footrest, seatback screen
-- Non-windows with direct aisle access, bulkhead footrest with video screen on pop-up arm

There are pluses and minuses with each of these differences and opinions vary -- what matters is what matters to you.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Just curious. Why would 11 by a window not be ideal ? And was 15 OK? Looking at this for a night flight and just want to sleep.
I have the same question I just selected 11A on this aircraft, I was pre-assigned 8 window on the other side but that was angling towards the aisle so I chose this one. Any thoughts about the best J seating on this configuration. Thanks

Last edited by Flying Machine; Jan 10, 2020 at 7:19 am
Old Jan 13, 2020, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA MM Plat; AA MM Gold; HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all
Does anyone have any experience with row 31 / bulkhead in Economy Plus - 31AB and 31KL. I am 6’8” and trying to weigh up whether it is best to take row 31 or one of the standard Economy Plus aisle seats. Thanks for any insights.
Found this on the SeatGuru page (near bottom of User Comments):

Seat 31L was great, had 2 full windows and I was able to fully extend my legs to the bulkhead (I'm 5'11"). This seat and 31K have more leg room than 31DEF and more than premium plus seats too. The seat wasn't overly comfortable though and could do with more padding, I put the blanket under my butt, but it was wide enough. The entertainment unit at my seat was malfunctioning at the end but I got two movies in. Overall would highly recommend this seat
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Un...67-300ER_E.php
Old Jan 22, 2020, 1:59 pm

Just happily got upgraded to Polaris LHR-EWR. Currently assigned 9L, which is a window. Other seats are available. This is a day flight, altho I have the same flight for the outbound night flight. I like privacy. Is this the best seat? Thank you for any thoughts.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 6:49 pm

Programs: AA PLT the rest, Kettle Power
Just happily got upgraded to Polaris LHR-EWR. Currently assigned 9L, which is a window. Other seats are available. This is a day flight, altho I have the same flight for the outbound night flight. I like privacy. Is this the best seat? Thank you for any thoughts.
Can't really go wrong with the odd number seats, unless you miss a window and I forget which seat that is. The are positioned straight forward, unlike the even numbers which angle to the aisle. I find them to have more space too, or at least the perception of more space.
PBIFLL likes this.
Old Jan 22, 2020, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Silver
Originally Posted by TGGDEL
Can't really go wrong with the odd number seats, unless you miss a window and I forget which seat that is. The are positioned straight forward, unlike the even numbers which angle to the aisle. I find them to have more space too, or at least the perception of more space.
Agreed. They are all great. At least for Polaris

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.