Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit together in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:36 am

Programs: *
Sorry what is best configuration for couple in J cabin.

Was replying to post by passenger who was requiring about travel with his daughter in J but it didn't link.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:37 am

Programs: Silver MileagePlus, Diamond Hilton
Anyone be in PP yet. Does 21 FD offer more legroom/better than 20 AB/KL?
GJCrawford likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:10 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
PP configured 763; best E+?

Is there a new thread for this reconfigured bird?

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 12, 2019 at 5:04 pm Reason: moved to exisiting thread
Old Aug 13, 2019, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by giblet
Thank you, I needed the encouragement! And in the time that I was spending ulcerating about the decision, the price dropped to $129! So I'm very happy and it will be an even better bonus if it ends up using my Amex Premier Rewards credit, which I think it should because it's technically an E+ seat.
Just a quick update -- on both of my flights, seats in these rows opened up 24 hours out (so UA Silvers could upgrade to them for free). And my Amex PR did refund me $100, so that was great. And the PE seats are very nice! On the way back I, along with about 20 others, got upgraded to business. I never thought a silver would get upgraded on a transatlantic flight, but I guess with so many seats in biz my chances have just improved.

Anyone know when they will start selling these PE seats as PE?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: UA Million Miler, Lifetime United Club member
E+ recommendations?

Since the much longer thread about the prior configuration doesn't apply to this PP equipped bird, who can recommend the best options in E+? Anything stand out? How is the legroom in bulkheads?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 8:55 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... Anyone know when they will start selling these PE seats as PE?
It depends on the route, Presently being sold on EWR-LHR. Others will come as more aircraft are converted and UA can guarantee PP for all flights on that route.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:47 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
I'm looking at October EWR-LHR flights in PP and I've noticed something curious - on every single flight the week of 21 OCT, 20 A/B/K/L are blocked. When looking at the seat map in the flight search results, they show open (most flights have entire cabin almost completely empty), but going through seat selection during the actual booking process they're not available. Are these exit row PP seats being blocked for upsell or am I missing something else? I'm going to book at some point in the next week or so and will call the 1K desk to see if I can get in, but these seats seem to be blocked across the board. Anyone have the scoop?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It depends on the route, Presently being sold on EWR-LHR. Others will come as more aircraft are converted and UA can guarantee PP for all flights on that route.
Thanks. Is there an official date they go into service as PE on EWR-LHR? My flight last week on this route they were still marked as economy.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Exit rows on UA are always published to the GDS as blocked, so maybe a bug of some kind?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:29 am

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Thanks. Is there an official date they go into service as PE on EWR-LHR? My flight last week on this route they were still marked as economy.
It officially starts 15SEPT19 when all flights go high-J 763 and with PP service.
giblet likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:15 pm

Programs: *
On the way back I, along with about 20 others, got upgraded to business. I never thought a silver would get upgraded on a transatlantic flight, but I guess with so many seats in biz my chances have just improved.
Pre September 15 is a good time to fly in these planes as an elite as a reasonable chance of an op-up given there are only 121 Y seats compared to 150 to 200 for the 763s and 764s that ply this route. So chances are that United would have sold more than the 99+22 Y seats in the high J birds, especially if late equipment swap, so they will have to upgrade Y pax to the J cabin. I had two colleagues travelling together , one silver, one 1K both get op-up on this route in the last week.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 8:37 am

Programs: BA, VS
Recently had a return trip from LHR to ORD on the High J Polaris 767-300. I was travelling with my wife and on the outward bound flight we had 1L and 2L, the latter being slanted towards the aisle, but still with a good window view. On the return however we were further back in 3L and 4L and whilst my wife had 3 windows nicely aligned to her 3L seat, this was the full extend of the view from 4L. Not a major problem as it was a night flight for most of the journey, but worth taking into consideration should you wish to have a good window view.

So whilst I could just about see out whilst on finals to LHR over central London, my wife could take a lovely photo of the sun rising!
Old Sep 2, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
SO and I flew ORD-LHR. I took 3L and she took 5L. I found 3L to be incredibly noisy. The FAs didn't bother closing the curtain or dimming lights while they banged around until dinner was complete. Tried to sleep immediately but could not. SO in 5L had a partially covered window that was very challenging to fully close because the way the seat was aligned with the fuselage. I would probably sit further back if looking for less disturbances even if meal service takes longer. Didn't love the wide-open layout... it's a loooooong cabin.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Avis President's Circle
I just booked ORD-LHR at Christmas for 4 in this config, picking seats 22AB+23AB. What happens if they flip this config to a PP layout? Do I get an option to retain these seats with an upcharge, or do they just push us back to other E+ seats?

Given how crazy cheap the flight was, it's a great layout for leisure travelers.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:15 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rflor
I just booked ORD-LHR at Christmas for 4 in this config, picking seats 22AB+23AB. What happens if they flip this config to a PP layout? Do I get an option to retain these seats with an upcharge, or do they just push us back to other E+ seats? .....
Reports for this situation are that you will be re-seated in a standard E+ seat.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.