Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit “together” in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2022, 2:14 pm
mjz

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
This aircraft is the only PremPlus config with an exit row and therefore a bit different.

And yes there is extra leg space, see recent photos
Thank you and my apologies. I missed this thread and was directed here by the moderator. I've read through the entire thread and my question is answer. Your photos are appreciated.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: MM FTL
united business 767/300

we will be flying IAD - ZRH on 767/300 in business, version with 18 rows of business. what seats are recommended for a couple. we find the layout of united business to be quite strange unless you travel alone. thanks for any help
Old Aug 4, 2022, 9:49 am

Programs: MP - 1K, Hyatt - Platt, SPG - Gold
Even rows (2, 4, 6, etc), Seats A & D are your best shot.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:28 am

Programs: UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott
Originally Posted by Charly61
we will be flying IAD - ZRH on 767/300 in business, version with 18 rows of business. what seats are recommended for a couple. we find the layout of united business to be quite strange unless you travel alone. thanks for any help
In summary, mixed opinions between A/D pairs vs sequential seats (one behind the other). If choosing window seats, be mindful of rows with missing windows. Personally for my first time flying with pairs I went with sequential seats as this will seem to work best for us.

Last edited by drobbva; Aug 4, 2022 at 12:52 pm Reason: added quote from OP after thread merge
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Sequential odd windows (e.g. 3L and 5L). You can't sit next to each other in any meaningful sense; just take two good seats.
tcdtcd likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
If you go for F/L seats, pick even-row L and even-1 (odd) F seats (e.g., 12L, 11F)- the openings both are closer to the aisle and are virtually across from each other. You're talking across the aisle but can see each other if you're upright.

Take a look at the Aerolopa link in Wiki to get a sense of this.
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K 3MM (former 12 yr GS), Bonvoy Amb/LT Plat
Am I just un-romantic?
I can be a few feet away from my spouse for 6-10 hours for us both to have better seats!
Odd windows are the way to go!
ARR72 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, AA, DL
Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Am I just un-romantic?
I can be a few feet away from my spouse for 6-10 hours for us both to have better seats!
Maybe?

Guy wants to sit next to his wife. The helpful answer isn't "why can't you sit apart from your wife for 10 hours?"

But agree - odd windows FTW!
Mr. BoH likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 8:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by drobbva (Post # 319)
In summary, mixed opinions between A/D pairs vs sequential seats (one behind the other).
Originally Posted by findark (Post # 320)
Sequential odd windows (e.g. 3L and 5L). You can't sit next to each other in any meaningful sense; just take two good seats.
Originally Posted by drewguy (Post # 323)
Guy wants to sit next to his wife. The helpful answer isn't "why can't you sit apart from your wife for 10 hours?"

But agree - odd windows FTW!
FTW = for the win.

Yet whether the A/D pair better meets their preferences is something only they can determine.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcdtcd
Am I just un-romantic?
My partner doesn't care about windows much and does care about trying my entree (perhaps less so in recent years, with catering as it is). So on 777/787, we are always in D/G (or F).

But given that there's no meaningful way to sit together on the Polaris 763, double odd-row windows it is for us with this config. If something actually tastes good, I can use the bread plate and walk it over.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:57 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by fumje
My partner doesn't care about windows much and does care about trying my entree (perhaps less so in recent years, with catering as it is). So on 777/787, we are always in D/G (or F).

But given that there's no meaningful way to sit together on the Polaris 763, double odd-row windows it is for us with this config. If something actually tastes good, I can use the bread plate and walk it over.
Unfortunately my wife and I fly this plane too much -- if you want to be "together" take two consecutive seats in the middle -- I used to be able to get away with the window / aisle thing -- but if you are a couple -- two consecutive seats in the middle works the best - nothing like your wife reaching over your seat to grab your water bottle while complaining about UA food / service / seat belt sign / bathrooms / .....
IAH-OIL-TRASH likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 9:20 am

Programs: MM FTL
thanks for the comments. when we fly lufthansa or swiss we choose between good and better seats. here it is between bad and worse. how can they come up with such a stuipid layout. maybe they get in more seats but it is absolutely not customer friendly. considering this and the food, I am not surprised that they charge usd 800 per leg less than lufthansa. probably the only way to attract enough passengers. whenever possible we will avoid united in the future.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA GS 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
thanks for the comments. when we fly lufthansa or swiss we choose between good and better seats. here it is between bad and worse. how can they come up with such a stuipid layout. maybe they get in more seats but it is absolutely not customer friendly. considering this and the food, I am not surprised that they charge usd 800 per leg less than lufthansa. probably the only way to attract enough passengers. whenever possible we will avoid united in the future.
This is an incredibly business heavy travel route -- less leisure -- so they pack as many individual Polaris "Pod" type seats into the layout as possible -- little concern for couples...
Old Aug 6, 2022, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
we often book 1F and 2L. Mrs. cfischer doesn't like this plane either, but it is on our routes a lot (ZRH)
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL, UA
767 Polaris - which door for boarding and deplaning?

Flying the 767-300 from ORD to LHR in a few weeks in J. Want to be pretty close to doors to get off as fast as possible. Do they usually de-board using the front or the door right behind J class?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.