Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 22, 2019, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA

For couples who want to sit “together” in Polaris, even-numbered L seats combined with the odd-numbered F seat one lower in number (e.g. 10L/9F) gives some ability to see/talk across aisle because the openings line up almost exactly.

Standard size rollaboards can only be accommodated in overhead compartments along the window and not in the center bins.

Overhead compartment above 1A is limited to a small bag, and the slightly larger bin is shared with 2A and 2D, which may result in someone in the area putting the bag in row 3 or 4. Often, there is flight supplies stored in the bin above 2A and 3A as well - you can ask the FA to move them.

Misaligned window in the coveted window seats at 7A/L and 17A/L.

Only one window (close to monitor) at 11A/L.

No "front" window on 15A/L, but one next to head and a second useable when reclined.

Oxygen equipment is stored above 12A, which results in unusable bin space. (Note that bin space is pretty generous given spread of seats, so not likely to be a major issue).

No window at 18A/L
related thread
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 / 76Q (30/24/32/117) Polaris+PP
obsolete
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a 767-300 (30/46/138)- Polaris seat ("normal J", no PremPlus)
Print Wikipost

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:40 pm

Looking at booking UA 43 for first class from OGG to EWR. It says its a 767-300, layout looks like 1-1-1 in first class with 18 rows. Wondering if this is necessarily the same plane as https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...gg-high-j-767/ or is it different? If different, is the seat still good, or some older layouts? Thanks
Old Mar 28, 2021, 6:59 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Boringbarry
Looking at booking UA 43 for first class from OGG to EWR. It says its a 767-300, layout looks like 1-1-1 in first class with 18 rows.
Yes that is high-J version. The availability of PremuimPlus seats is a further confirmation.
Boringbarry likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Looking at booking UA 43 for first class from OGG to EWR. It says its a 767-300, layout looks like 1-1-1 in first class with 18 rows. Wondering if this is necessarily the same plane as https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...gg-high-j-767/ or is it different? If different, is the seat still good, or some older layouts? Thanks
If you are looking at schedules June and after, note they are placeholders at this point. At current time, there are no nonstops operating between OGG and EWR. Just be aware your booking may be updated from nonstop to connecting flights, along with possible equipment differences.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by Repooc17
If you are looking at schedules June and after, note they are placeholders at this point. At current time, there are no nonstops operating between OGG and EWR. Just be aware your booking may be updated from nonstop to connecting flights, along with possible equipment differences.
oh thats not good, I am looking at September. Is there an ETA of when this nonstop route would resume? Seems a bit risky to pay up for first class if it can change from being nonstop to having connections?

Also reading this https://thepointsguy.com/news/united...awaii-flights/ it mentions Sep 5 this route would stop, my flight is soon after, what does that mean?

Last edited by Boringbarry; Mar 28, 2021 at 7:39 pm
Old Mar 29, 2021, 9:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
Originally Posted by clintonuws
From the few photos I've found, it looks like 20AB and 20KL look into the J bathroom (yet get green from seatguru). 20DF look good but hasn't received many reviews.
I didn't sit in PP but visited the rear lav from my forward Polaris seat. As others commented above, the seat map is not drawn accurately. The lav and the bulkhead in front of 20 DF are both further back towards row 20. That puts 20 AB and KL almost parallel with the cross-cabin "corridor" where the lav door is. The door is off-center facing rear, pretty much exactly in front of 20 D (separated by the bulkhead of course). So my guess is that 20 B can see directly into the lav. Personally I would avoid row 20, even if an exit row, but at least KL are not directly near the lav door.
clintonuws likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2021, 9:32 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by higher_flyer
I may have missed a post upstream, but if not, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the much larger side table and storage "bin" for the F seats (odd rows, center stack). I didn't notice these until deplaning, but was immediately surprised when I saw the huge difference. I've never liked the True Polaris in-seat storage/organization, or lack thereof, so will definitely choose F seats in the future. For long-haul and overnight flights especially, I'd much rather have space & convenience than a relative few minutes of a view.
Having flown in 1F this past weekend on the JFK inaugural flight, I want to make a case for it and the rest of the F seats. Sure, you give up the window view, but in exchange you get this large storage table to your left for all the excess linen and pillows, and a much larger cubby hole to place your water bottle. The only drawbacks are a) the overhead light is not properly aligned, so forget about reading any books or magazines in the dark, unless you brought your own light source. b) one of the armrests is lower than the other during the takeoff/landing position. c) the air nozzles are not reachable while you're sitting.

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Per seat map 1A and 1L are "facing" lavs in front; knowing from the B781 it isn't necessary an issue. How about on this bird?
Not an issue - these lavs have inward folding doors. 1F has the view of the lavatory door in front of 1L.

Originally Posted by mehitabel
How reliable is the wifi on these planes? Or is flaky wifi not a function of craft but something else? I’m planning a few flights on the new SFO-JFK route, and it would help to know the odds of connectivity
It was working consistently, although expect satellite wi-fi speed.
cesco.g and higher_flyer like this.
Old Mar 31, 2021, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Noticed on my most recent flight that the last two rows on the L side offer superb leg room/pitch. I would imagine row 43 being preferable, as row 44 might have limited recline due to the wall behind.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 8:42 pm

Programs: UA Gold,Delta Gold Bonvoy Titanium Elite, HH Diamond , AA Platinum, EENational, Hyatt Globalist
Ua2435 iad-sfo

Wanted to share my experience on the J heavy 767-300ER (46 Polaris Seats).

Some of my key takeaways:

- Very tight on the aisles ( as with all Polaris aircraft), but especially on the 767

- middle overhead bin space is very small; so think twice about a larger roller bag fitting in it.

- All 20 plus upgrades cleared on this flight, and since this isn’t considered a premium transcontinental route no Plus Points are needed for an upgrade.

- This route was one of the few that was supposed to get a hot sandwich but they ran out by the time they got to me ( UA Gold ). So I had a snack box.

- If your over 5 foot 11 then be warned it’s very narrow in the footwell ( Think AA 788 Concept D seat ) but fine for a non redeye transcon.

Old Apr 11, 2021, 3:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Brandinho1
- middle overhead bin space is very small; so think twice about a larger roller bag fitting in it.

- All 20 plus upgrades cleared on this flight, and since this isn’t considered a premium transcontinental route no Plus Points are needed for an upgrade.

- This route was one of the few that was supposed to get a hot sandwich but they ran out by the time they got to me ( UA Gold ). So I had a snack box.

- If your over 5 foot 11 then be warned it’s very narrow in the footwell ( Think AA 788 Concept D seat ) but fine for a non redeye transcon.
The outer bin space isn't very big either. My rollaboard barely fits in lengthwise.

This route overall can also be a very tough upgrade, even with PlusPoints. I've noticed a lot of times it's down to J2 or less even before the first CPU window opens.

The odd row window seats have more space in the footwell, from what I remember.
Old Apr 29, 2021, 7:40 pm

In first class, I know odd window seats are better than even, are any of the middle (D/F) seats better than others?

If I have 9A+11A, are you able to see 10D and 12D?

Thanks
Old Apr 29, 2021, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
In first class, I know odd window seats are better than even, are any of the middle (D/F) seats better than others?

If I have 9A+11A, are you able to see 10D and 12D?
If stuck with a middle seat, I generally prefer the F seats because you will have a much larger side table than the D seats (although the F seats are closer to the aisle than the D seats - so you'll need to take that into consideration). If you have 9A/11A I would not expect to be able to see 10D or 12D - the odd window seats are very private. In my opinion, the best option for two/three people traveling together would be consecutive window seats.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
If stuck with a middle seat, I generally prefer the F seats because you will have a much larger side table than the D seats (although the F seats are closer to the aisle than the D seats - so you'll need to take that into consideration). If you have 9A/11A I would not expect to be able to see 10D or 12D - the odd window seats are very private. In my opinion, the best option for two/three people traveling together would be consecutive window seats.

-FlyerBeek
Thanks, we have 4 people. Think it would be better to have 8/9/10/11A, or split up and have 2 odd windows in A, 2 odd windows in L? just not sure how 'bad' the even windows are.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 9:47 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
... just not sure how 'bad' the even windows are.
The "bad" for even windows, is the view out the windows is awkward and line of sight to toward the aisle. So if you are a window person for the view outside, it is not a good choice -- the odd rows are better for that.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Thanks, we have 4 people. Think it would be better to have 8/9/10/11A, or split up and have 2 odd windows in A, 2 odd windows in L? just not sure how 'bad' the even windows are.
It’s really six of one, half dozen of the other. You’re not going to be able to easily have any real conversations or interactions with companions regardless of where you’re seated in the cabin. Personally, I would value having odd window seats for everyone above all else. But, if traveling with kids I could see the benefit of being closer and just grabbing consecutive window seats all on the same side. There are no really “bad” window seats (except, perhaps, the rows that are missing windows) - it’s just that the even window seats have more aisle exposure and less of a view.

-FlyerBeek
Old Apr 30, 2021, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Polaris seats are designed for isolation. If you really need/want line of sight, consider seats further back in the plane.

David

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.