Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Man caught shaving his head in his Polaris seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Man caught shaving his head in his Polaris seat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, Bonvoy Titanium & LTP, HH Gold, Accor Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Looks like 1F on the 763. Note to self, never, ever, fly in that seat again. If forced into it, get the mattress pad in place before sitting down. Disgusting.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA
At least he was shaving his head...
catmndu, mikeyf, Kacee and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:52 pm

This seems to take the cake compared to the numerous stories we've heard over the years on FT from people cutting their toe nails to playing footsies with the headrest/ seatmate. The only thing I saw closer to this was the story of a man showering in the restroom of an airline lounge.

-James

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 20, 2019 at 4:01 pm Reason: removed OT comment
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
....and some of you scoff at me for packing flatpacks of Lysol wipes which I use on every surface, nook and cranny of the Polaris seat before I make contact with it. Now you know why.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
If you've ever ridden the muni in SF regularly, nothing you see people doing on a bus or airplane will surprise you.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:10 pm

At this point I’m not sure what’s worse the person shaving their head or the FA nonchalantly walking by passing out towels. I guess UA FAs have seen everything

-James
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:21 pm

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Lol. Everyone worried about a few specs of hair and not the 1mil dead skin cells everyone sheds every day which host 32 mil. Microorganisms. So one guy adding a few more cells to the lot...oh the horror. Quit shedding yourselves you filthy animals lol
ContinentalFan likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by bocastephen
....and some of you scoff at me for packing flatpacks of Lysol wipes which I use on every surface, nook and cranny of the Polaris seat before I make contact with it. Now you know why.
My wife does the same but there's one destination where after she cleaned the whole area her neighbor puts her fingers on the seat controls on my wife's side. Then, it's embarrassing to use those wipes again. This happens on the 2-4-2 configuration pmUA 772. This problem will disappear when we finally always get the Polarized planes and she gets a window seat.....
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
My wife does the same but there's one destination where after she cleaned the whole area her neighbor puts her fingers on the seat controls on my wife's side. Then, it's embarrassing to use those wipes again. This happens on the 2-4-2 configuration pmUA 772. This problem will disappear when we finally always get the Polarized planes and she gets a window seat.....
If you can't touch something that someone else has touched then you basically can't be out in public.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler
So sad. Bad.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

a bit weird but i am by far more surprised how many see this as smth extreme...
no big deal imo.. just imagine what ppl do in privacy of hotel rooms and it's not like everything gets scrubbed with lysol between guests...
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, maybe the seat was so comfortable and the hot towel was coming, it reminded him the barber shop and he couldn't help

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Apr 20, 2019 at 7:22 pm Reason: removed unneeded
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:25 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Please let's stick to the topic

No reason try to spice up the discussion.

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
Originally Posted by mecabq
In addition to being indecorous, seems pretty dangerous in the event of turbulence.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
I really wish United had gone with a “leather” seat like Delta did. Much easier to wipe down than the cloth seats.
daisyatl and Aussienarelle like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.