Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA78 NRT-EWR (16 April 2019) -- Skipped 2nd Meal Service due to turbulence

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

UA78 NRT-EWR (16 April 2019) -- Skipped 2nd Meal Service due to turbulence

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2019, 8:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by rufflesinc
This. Why couldn't they have left snack baskets at the door for people to get as they got off the plane? Just ridiculous for such a long flight
Because there's not enough snack for everyone on the plane. Also, who's going to secure the basket before/after the door has been opened? Is the FA going to hold the basket until it ran empty, and then what?
Old May 22, 2019, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Turbulence forecasts can be wrong.
Old Oct 7, 2019, 3:27 pm

Why they didn't serve the 2nd meal even the turbulence is not heavy at all? Were they just afraid the turbulence will happen because there were Moderate to Severe turbulences around EWR?

Why was the seatbelt sign off after the announcement? They should have served the meals when the seatbelt sign is turned off.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Nov 15, 2019 at 3:40 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 8, 2020, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by kenn0223
On UA78 from NRT-EWR today (4/16) and the crew just announced that they were not going to serve the 2nd meal (breakfast) due to turbulence in any cabin. While the last few hours of the flight has continuous light chop I have had meals served (on UA and other airlines) with much worse and the cabin crew has been up working during the entire time the meal would have been served. Has anyone else experienced this, the crew announced it fairly nonchalantly as if they were skipping drink service ORD-MSP? While it would be great for UA to had out meal vouchers upon arrival at EWR I doubt that will happen. It seems that leaving 300 some passengers to fend for themselves for food upon landing after a 12 hr flight is a pretty big service failure.
Why was there no 2nd meal service on this flight even though the seatbelt sign was off without any heavy turbulence? Were they just trying to make an excuse from serving the food, wrong turbulence forecast, or what?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.