Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Domestic Ground Surveillance Radar Live Feed Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB

If you're sitting at EWR, IAH, SFO, ORD, IAD, BOS, or any other UA domestic airport waiting to take off, this is a great Website to track your crawl to the runway!

Mosaic ATM Airport Viewer
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wxguy
If you're sitting at EWR, IAH, SFO, ORD, IAD, BOS, or any other UA domestic airport waiting to take off, this is a great Website to track your crawl to the runway!

Very cool! ^ Thanks for sharing.

This will be helpful when I fly with my partner and have t sit in the Polaris middle.
wxguy and ContinentalFan like this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:40 pm

Programs: UA Plat 1.1MM , Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist
Flightradar24 is another great tool for this
wxguy and zspitzer like this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:42 pm

Except you couldn't really track your crawl to the runway, because your device is supposed to be in airplane mode and on-board WiFi doesn't work below 10,000 feet.
Collierkr likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
That is so cool, especially with the detailed rendering of all the runway and tarmac areas, including those little "side streets" connecting them, plus all of the airport buildings like fire stations.

Thank you.

BTW, after landing cell phones are allowed to be used, AFAIK including wifi if available or making a phone into a hot spot as well as just using cellular data services directly.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Originally Posted by rmadisonwi
Except you couldn't really track your crawl to the runway, because your device is supposed to be in airplane mode and on-board WiFi doesn't work below 10,000 feet.
Oddly on my last few flights, the in-flight wifi worked on the ground. Ironically, it worked better on the ground than in the air.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
The Wifi works on many types gate-to-gate, including the 737-800. I used it this morning. (But the power is off untli 10K')
Old Apr 5, 2019, 4:05 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus - 1K
This is correct on GoGo operated flights but not on the mainline.

Or never if you’re stuck in the 50 seaters....
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:04 pm

I've seen this used on FAA computers but I didn't realize it was public access. I wonder if those that try and block their flight activity from sites like FlightAware will take issue...
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:21 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie

Very cool ^ and thank you for sharing ^^
ContinentalFan, wxguy and TerryK like this.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I like the old fashion way, looking out the window.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:02 pm

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
BTW, after landing cell phones are allowed to be used
But "waiting to take off" and "to the runway" (as specified in the OP) are, by definition, not after landing.
Old Apr 6, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
But "waiting to take off" and "to the runway" (as specified in the OP) are, by definition, not after landing.
AFAIK aircraft are supposed to land on runways (as well as using them for takeoff) so by definition an aircraft would be on the runway at least briefly after landing. It could be amusing to watch the traffic pattern as your flight is moving toward its arrival gate (after landing).
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Didn't realize this is available on web.^
Old Apr 6, 2019, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Gold
No coverage in the non-movement area (ramps, gates, etc) to see who's blocking the alley at LAX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.