Not Getting UA Ticket Receipts

Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Not sure if this is related to the CC issues, but I tried to purchase a RT ticket earlier today. The purchase process went well, and "manage reservations" on the website states "This reservation has been ticketed and confirmed." However I have not received the eticket email and trying to view the receipt on the website times out and gives a "We were unable to process your eTicket receipt. Processing may take up to 15 minutes.

If you continue to have problems obtaining a receipt, please contact 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) or send an email to [email protected] for assistance.
If you would like to request a new receipt and you completed your travel within the past 7 days, please go to Manage Reservations.

Thank you for choosing United." error. I'll wait until tomorrow morning then try giving UA a call.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Try viewing the reservation on the App.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM
Try viewing the reservation on the App.
It shows up there, but I don't any distinction on whether the ticket has been issued. There also doesn't seem to be a way to get the eticket number through the app.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium

I've purchased three tickets tonight and haven't received an e-mail receipt for any of them. I even called res and asked for one and she said it would be e-mailed right away and nothing. Anyone else having the same problem?
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by TWA Guy
I've purchased three tickets tonight and haven't received an e-mail receipt for any of them. I even called res and asked for one and she said it would be e-mailed right away and nothing. Anyone else having the same problem?
Theres a huge thread about it somewhere. For unknown reasons, these receipts go AWOL for various periods of time, mostly short lived so keep trying. UA staffs clueless.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eeflyer
It shows up there, but I don't any distinction on whether the ticket has been issued. There also doesn't seem to be a way to get the eticket number through the app.
In the App, scroll to the bottom and select "Email Summary". You should receive a "eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation XXXXXXXX" that has the eticket number.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 9:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TomMM
In the App, scroll to the bottom and select "Email Summary". You should receive a "eTicket Itinerary and Receipt for Confirmation XXXXXXXX" that has the eticket number.
Ah okay I understand what you meant now. Unfortunately, similarly to the request function on the website, that doesn't seem to be working as well.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:56 pm
mr8

Programs: UA1K | *A Gold
Same here. Purchased a couple of ticket today. Only got the "Your United reservation for City is processing" emails.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 3:57 am
Moderator: United MileagePlus

Location: Clinging to the edifices of a decadent past from the biggest city in America nobody really cares about.
Programs: (ಠ_ಠ)
Finally getting sticker receipts for the trips I bought yesterday by requesting them via the app.

No idea why this happens...guessing the eticket reciept computer just needs some vacation from time to time.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
And here they come...finally..showed up in my inbox about three hours ago
Old Apr 5, 2019, 7:23 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hertz PC
Just adding that I too don't have e-mailed receipts from the two itineraries I booked yesterday. Got the "processing" e-mail on both but not the follow up.

Anecdotally, I also had another booking "hang" where the payment failed to process with some unspecified error and then it showed the reservation in "my reservations" as on hold but not ticketed. UA IT.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:09 am

Programs: COdbaUA Platinum 2MM
Not sure if this is related to the CC issues, but I tried to purchase a RT ticket earlier today. The purchase process went well, and "manage reservations" on the website states "This reservation has been ticketed and confirmed." However I have not received the eticket email and trying to view the receipt on the website times out and gives a "We were unable to process your eTicket receipt. Processing may take up to 15 minutes.

If you continue to have problems obtaining a receipt, please contact 1-800-UNITED-1 (1-800-864-8331) or send an email to [email protected] for assistance.
If you would like to request a new receipt and you completed your travel within the past 7 days, please go to Manage Reservations.

Thank you for choosing United." error. I'll wait until tomorrow morning then try giving UA a call.
I have the exact same experience as you.

This morning, still no email from UA. However, I am able to see and print my ticket receipt with ticket #s from "view ticket receipt". This is a first for me.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 9:15 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
I had the same problem, too. I booked a pricey (for me) itinerary, got the standard "You made a reservation, but we haven't actually ticketed it yet because our I.T. sucks" email, and then...crickets. I received the "Can't do it. Call or email us" Fail when I requested my receipt in Manage Reservations. No email today, so I logged in, and was able to successfully pull up my receipt online. I hadn't thought of emailing out of the app. Good suggestion which hopefully won't be necessary in the future.

Whatever issues they experienced yesterday seem to at least be resolved via the "Manage Reservation" screen now. Who knows...maybe the OP's post brought it to their attention.
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depends
Originally Posted by 1KChinito
I have the exact same experience as you.

This morning, still no email from UA. However, I am able to see and print my ticket receipt with ticket #s from "view ticket receipt". This is a first for me.
Me too, and I was (am) concerned that it didn't really go through since an international award on *A carriers (no UA metal -- worried about phantom award inventory). Booked an award last night, got the processing email, no ticket email after a few hours so I called. The rep told me all was good and said he was resending but I never got it. Checked online this morning and it says ticketed and I can view it online, so I'm assuming all is ok? The one I did the day before worked properly. (Checked spam, etc. and not there.)

Last edited by abaheti; Apr 5, 2019 at 1:44 pm
Old Apr 5, 2019, 10:46 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,

I encountered same porblem yesterday. Still looking for the receipt.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.