FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   UA Credit Card Processing Down (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1963947-ua-credit-card-processing-down.html)

DarkHelmetII Apr 4, 2019 8:17 am

Amex Corporate Card Not Accepted

Have an AMEX Corporate Credit card that I cannot get united.com to accept (errors below). Have called AMEX and they say the card is in tip-top shape (paid-up, no fraud blocks etc...) Any ideas?

! We’re unable to process this transaction due to an issue with your credit or debit card company. Please try again with another form of payment or contact your credit or debit card company for more details.

MSPeconomist Apr 4, 2019 8:20 am

Are you sure you entered the number, security code, expiration date, etc. correctly? Does AmEx see any attempts at a charge? Tyr calling UA to book the tickets.

ROCUAflyer Apr 4, 2019 8:23 am

I am having issues getting card payments to process this morning as well, I am thinking UA IT is having an issue.

stevenshev Apr 4, 2019 8:43 am

UA's credit card processing is down. Probably warrants its own thread.

stevenshev Apr 4, 2019 8:44 am

UA Credit Card Processing Down

Just as a heads-up - CC processing down systemwide (apparently an issue with processor's software). According to agents, back up within an hour or two, but has been down all morning.

DarkHelmetII Apr 4, 2019 8:53 am

Can agents take payment over the phone?

Flying Machine Apr 4, 2019 8:56 am

I had the same issue the other day online, then I called in.. The agents were unable to take payments. However, the agent volunteered to extend my reservation ticketing deadline by one day. So it all worked out in the end. This is twice in one week

stevenshev Apr 4, 2019 8:58 am

Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII (Post 30964107)
Can agents take payment over the phone?

Nope

txaggiemiles Apr 4, 2019 9:07 am

Originally Posted by DarkHelmetII (Post 30963986)
Have an AMEX Corporate Credit card that I cannot get united.com to accept (errors below). Have called AMEX and they say the card is in tip-top shape (paid-up, no fraud blocks etc...) Any ideas?

! We’re unable to process this transaction due to an issue with your credit or debit card company. Please try again with another form of payment or contact your credit or debit card company for more details.

This is displaying at the top of United.com

"We’re aware of a temporary issue affecting flight shopping. We're sorry for the inconvenience and recommend visiting later."

Perhaps that is the problem?

DarkHelmetII Apr 4, 2019 9:23 am

Originally Posted by stevenshev (Post 30964133)
Nope

I just paid for a seat over the phone

Repooc17 Apr 4, 2019 9:28 am

I will moneygram.

JAaronT Apr 4, 2019 9:45 am

I was unable to purchase Wifi this morning (despite everything seemed to be working ok--I was getting notifications and United.com worked flawlessly) so I assume related.

FlyerTalker70 Apr 4, 2019 10:03 am

I'm guessing you can still purchase tickets through an OTA which depending on your fare (i.e. Basic Economy) may be advantageous in its own right?

Also any idea if UA will hold a fare for someone as a courtesy?

-James

good_boy_1234 Feb 12, 2022 10:19 pm

Is this happening now again? I am trying and it's not working