Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 18, 2022, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Generally UA operated flights are posting with hour or two of landing and often before landing

Things that can lead to a day or two delays
-- Irrops rerouting
-- late SDC
-- Same day booking

Appears UA does some preprocessing in advance of the flight and changes after that preprocessing are processed later.
Print Wikipost

UA is now posting their flight earnings very soon after arrival (hours, same day, ..)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by fumje
My suspicion is that the departure date is the determinant variable. So when flying east to west, you will find your flights posting sooner than the other way.
Yeah, I'm 42 hours post-NRT departure (UA 838) and not posted yet.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:40 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM
I just landed in FRA (EWR-FRA) and within an hour of landing this flight has already credited to my account.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:36 am

Landed in NRT a few hours ago and both my DEN-LAX and LAX-NRT flights are posted
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:32 am

Been in Hong Kong since Monday night. Left EWR Sunday mid day. It’s now end of day wed and no posting
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:38 am

Programs: UA MM GS, Marriott Titanium
Same here. Within a couple of hours after landing in FRA my flight from EWR had posted yesterday
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:37 am
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Sill taking 2.5 days on average to show. For international flights, my experience is that west to east takes longer than the other way round.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: United Gold, Hilton Silver, Hertz President's Circle
They used to always post same-day, but a while back it changed to the 2-day delay. Maybe they've switched back?
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
That is awesome. I did notice my mileage was posting around 24-36 hours after my flight landed. Definitely faster than the 11am CST posting 2 days after. If it is faster than that, then awesome. Will find out soon in a couple of weeks!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:03 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, HH Silver, Marriott Platinum
Same here, flew SAN-SFO-SAN yesterday and I saw the posting for the SAN-SFO segment in the morning (checked about 2 hours after I landed) and the SFO-SAN segment (checked about 2 hour after I landed).
Old Apr 3, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I filled out the Missing Miles form for a domestic Egypt Air flight a few days ago and it was credited to my account instantly! I nearly fell off my chair in shock!
RobOnLI likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 1P
Sill taking 2.5 days on average to show. For international flights, my experience is that west to east takes longer than the other way round.
Well, at least one data point against this statement: just landed in the UK two hours ago and my SFO-LHR flight has already posted. Meant to check while en route to see whether it was there already, but fell asleep .
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:04 am

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
I got off my IAH-SFO flight less than 30min ago, it had already posted! On Qantas I see it posted as I’m disembarking (for several years). Great stuff!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:02 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by GBadger

Well, at least one data point against this statement: just landed in the UK two hours ago and my SFO-LHR flight has already posted. Meant to check while en route to see whether it was there already, but fell asleep .
My latest example: LAX-LHR, flew this last Friday, landed Saturday lunchtime, miles posted Monday morning.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Still 1.5-2 days for my flights to post. Flew Monday and they only posted this morning.

Flying again in a few days so will see if it changes for me.

-RM
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA Plat, 2MM
Pre-merger, it was not unusual for UA to post the miles in the same day, sometimes while you were in the air. That changed.
AirbusFan2B likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.