Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

New UA Concourse / United Club at Laguardia (opened 2 June 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2019, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: username
LGA Map

We're Moving: United Airlines Begins Flight Operations at LaGuardia Airport's New Terminal B Eastern Concourse on June 2
Terminal is home to airline's newest United Club, which is 30% larger than previous LGA Club location
Photos(3)
CHICAGO, May 30, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- This weekend United customers traveling through New York-LaGuardia Airport will experience new gates on the Terminal B Eastern Concourse, following the first phase of the $4 billion, 1.3-million-square-foot redevelopment project of Terminal B, operated by LaGuardia Gateway Partners. With soaring ceilings up to 55-feet high and plenty of natural light, customers will have thirteen new shops, restaurants and services in the concourse to visit; all inspired by the best of New York – from the iconic Shake Shack and local Irving Farm Coffee Roasters to an outpost of New York's famous toy store, FAO Schwarz.

"United customers depend on LaGuardia for frequent service to key business cities such as Chicago and Denver and the new Terminal B represents a huge improvement in the facilities we are able to provide, including a gorgeous new United Club," said Jill Kaplan, United's President of New York and New Jersey. "A world-class city like New York deserves a state-of-the-art airport – which is why we are absolutely thrilled to be moving our operations to the spectacular new Terminal B Eastern Concourse at LaGuardia Airport."

"The move of United and its passengers into the first new concourse at Terminal B marks another key milestone of the $8 billion redevelopment of an entirely new LaGuardia Airport," said Rick Cotton, Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey. "This is another important step in our ongoing commitment to provide world class facilities that turn Governor Cuomo's vision for a 21st century LaGuardia into reality. And we are undertaking this comprehensive rebuilding of LaGuardia Airport while continuing full operation at LaGuardia and serving record numbers of passengers."

The new concourse features ample gate seating, with charging stations throughout the seating area along with free unlimited high-speed Wi-Fi, offered by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey. Additional features include a "park area" complete with greenery and benches, an airport themed children's play area which contains a 16-foot interactive display and restrooms with spacious stalls and above sink shelves that will keep belongings dry while washing hands.

As part of the terminal redevelopment, United will open its newest United Club on June 2. Conveniently located after security near United's gates, the new club offers a private oasis of 10,500 square feet with sweeping views of the tarmac. The Club, which is 30 percent larger than the prior LGA United Club location, combines the sleek styles of New York City with the modern touches travelers desire and features more than 200 seats. Customers can enjoy an expanded food menu including distinctly New York selections such as the iconic New York Bagel provider, Ess-a-Bagel, which will be paired with assorted cream cheese, jams and smokehouse salmon spread, a Greek salad bar and rotating hot foods including oven-baked Neapolitan ziti, fast-fired pesto and goat cheese flatbread, bite sized reuben corned beef with sauerkraut and more. Menu options will rotate throughout the day with hot and cold entrees available all-day. Additional amenities include complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi, wellness rooms and phone booths.

To download images of LGA United Club and new gates within Terminal B: https://app.box.com/s/tt6yu4d8y2d136xkxjgk0mwnprkmxu27

United Airlines Operations at LGA
Within the new Terminal B Eastern Concourse at LaGuardia Airport, United Airlines will operate out of five gates, offering more than 40 daily flights, including the most flights and seats between LaGuardia Airport and key business markets like Denver and Houston. The airline offers 17 daily flights between LaGuardia Airport and Chicago's O'Hare International Airport, more than any other airline at LGA. Additionally, United offers the only service from LaGuardia Airport to Washington-Dulles Airport (IAD) and the Northern Virginia business corridor.
Print Wikipost

New UA Concourse / United Club at Laguardia (opened 2 June 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:50 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
I arrived in LGA on last night and was pleased to see the new terminal as I hurried through it to get to my destination. It was a late night arrival so the airport was kind of dead.

Does anyone know if UA *G can use the AC Maple Leaf lounge at LGA now? The AC and UA lounges are both next to each other upstairs. I believe (but have never tried) that AC lounges will let *G in per *A rules on a domestic ticket.

I fly out again tomrw morning so will try to enter and see if they'll let me in.

Thanks,
RM
Of course, you are welcome at AC Maple Leaf Lounge as UA*G on domestic flights. I visited MLL@LAX a few times because of its self-service bar.
Happy travel.
RobOnLI and jayzala like this.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
I checked in to my LGA CLE flight with a gate designation of A1A - is this in the new B wing or over in the old Marine terminal ? Not a usual UA customer, had no choice because all the majors seem to be blowing off CLE.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by george 3
I checked in to my LGA CLE flight with a gate designation of A1A - is this in the new B wing or over in the old Marine terminal ? Not a usual UA customer, had no choice because all the majors seem to be blowing off CLE.
Your flight is showing as "Terminal B, Gate A1A" so I'd say 0% chance it's operating out of the Marine Air Terminal, which AFAIK does not have a Gate A1A.

Gate A1A existed under the old demolished Terminal B Pier A so my guess is this is either a mistake or a placeholder, and will be updated to an actual gate well before you arrive at the airport.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 2:48 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I flew out of the new Concourse and I was not impressed. Restaurants were small with limited seating.

Its way better than before, but they really missed it with the restaurant seating.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM
Originally Posted by LASUA1K
I flew out of the new Concourse and I was not impressed. Restaurants were small with limited seating.

Its way better than before, but they really missed it with the restaurant seating.
Agree 10000%. It looks nice but it's just not big enough. Could hardly find a seat. Did have an awesome burger at the restaurant next to Shake Shack. But it was tiny too with limited seating. The restaurant options are slim to none.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 3:22 pm

I admit my positive review did not include eating a meal at the airport (I had just eaten in the city), but I found that there was plenty of room in the terminal in general, though. I actually waited in the seating area up the escalators (right outside the United Club) until my flight was boarding and then went to my gate where there was ample seating.

May depend on time of day etc. but still 100x better than the old piers where the cramped hall was lined with people sitting on the floors.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
FYI for those with food vouchers from UA...apparently the only retailer that accepts them in the new Terminal B is the "food court". Hudson and some others rejected them.

-RM
Old Jun 13, 2019, 11:19 am

My ORD-LGA flight last week spent about 30 minutes stopped ~50 feet shy of the gate, waiting for traffic to clear out of the way. Then it took about 5 minutes for the agent to get the jetway into position (one inch forward, one inch left, one inch backward, etc. -- it was painful). Then we finally made it into the jetway but the agent couldn't open the door to the terminal, since doing so would trigger an alarm "upstairs" and had to wait for clearance.

There was nearly a revolt. This was after a mechanical delay at ORD and a flight deck crew that would whisper into the PA such that nobody really knew what was going on.

I'm sure these are mostly teething issues but combined with the still-horrible ground transportation setup, I prefer EWR. Never thought I'd say those words.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Reading the press release, it says they will operate from 5 gates - is that really the case? If I'm not mistaken, they use 6 primarily right now (7,9,10,11,12,14) and sometimes C8 for RON's/early departure... not sure how that's going to work during peak departure periods/delays (aka a normal day at LGA) when all gates are already occupied in the current setup?
UA is currently using 43,44,45,46,47. 42 (common use/AA) and 52 (Air Canada) are used for RONs. I think UA will eventually have access to more gates once the concourse is fully built-out. Right now it appears UA is averaging just over 7 departures per gate, per day, which is pretty high utilization for a full-service airline at a delay-prone airport.
CruiserCLE likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess looking at this map: https://www.laguardiaairport.com/sta...irport-map.pdf - does that mean AC and UA are in the same concourse and connected on the air side? Would it be easier to connect at LGA than at EWR?

Thanks.
EWR764 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA-1K MM, AA-Gold, DL-Silver, AS-MVP
Originally Posted by username
I guess looking at this map: https://www.laguardiaairport.com/sta...irport-map.pdf - does that mean AC and UA are in the same concourse and connected on the air side? Would it be easier to connect at LGA than at EWR?

Thanks.
Yes, UA and AC are in the same concourse and it would be easier to connect. But not sure why anyone would do that given how delay-prone LGA is and that all UA LGA destinations also have non-stop flights to YYZ. Unless someone really wanted to connect in LGA to go to YUL...
Old Jun 19, 2019, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks.

Sometimes the award routings go through LGA. I had a crazy experience at EWR (late inbound on AC, has to exit security and re-enter at EWR and barely made my connection) so I want to see if LGA could be better.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by username
Thanks.

Sometimes the award routings go through LGA. I had a crazy experience at EWR (late inbound on AC, has to exit security and re-enter at EWR and barely made my connection) so I want to see if LGA could be better.
If there were more AC service at LGA than just YYZ/YUL, it would be a pretty good place to connect, an easy transfer experience.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Ended up at LGA because I had to switch from EWR. The new UC is really nice! All booze is complimentary right now. They really need to get their act together at EWR!
EWR764 likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
We flew out of LGA to ORD earlier this month and were very pleasantly surprised how nice terminal B is and the United lounge. We had a couple of hours to really appreciate it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.