Does Flat Tire rule apply to BE tix?

Old Apr 1, 19, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

That is my question? Not sure if status matters? Is it courtesy or policy?
Old Apr 1, 19, 1:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flyerbaby19 View Post
That is my question? Not sure if status matters? Is it courtesy or policy?
Courtesy. The actual policy says that an agent MAY reaccomodate you on the next available flight - not that they must.

So be nice, be pleasant - the old "catch more flies with honey than vinegar" rule applies... even more than a flat tire rule!
Old Apr 1, 19, 2:54 pm
Moderator: United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 1.85MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by flyerbaby19 View Post
My first assumption will be no but an agent might take pity -- but would not count on it.

BE are restriction tickets and without many of the standard ticket benefits. If you wake up late, plan on purchasing a new ticket. i would not be surprized if the system makes it difficult to change BE ticket, requiring overides which are auditted.
Old Apr 1, 19, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA View Post
My first assumption will be no but an agent might take pity -- but would not count on it.

BE are restriction tickets and without many of the standard ticket benefits. If you wake up late, plan on purchasing a new ticket. i would not be surprized if the system makes it difficult to change BE ticket, requiring overides which are auditted.
Thx, good to know. I am almost always running late to a flight and have always just figured if i miss, will just go on the next one no big deal. now with BE, that makes it a little more challenging. I will say that I did get a much harder time from an agent at EWR when trying to invol a ticket to AA due to a delay and misconnect. He totally gave me attitude. I said something about GS, I forgot what and his response was " You're not GS, you're on a BE ticket" and I showed him my mobile BP and I'm like it says "GS right on it." I called GS and they did it in like 2 seconds - did not seem any different than invol'ing a non BE ticket. Then the same agent wouldn't give me a meal voucher and told me to wander the terminal looking for a GS agent to ask for a meal voucher. She felt bad after I told her the story and gave me $40. note it was terminal A. I'm guessing in C it would have been much easier.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: