Original Poster

Lounge Access? - EWR-PEK-HND/HND-SFO-EWR

EWR-PEK - UA Polaris business - UA89
1h 45m layover
PEK-HND - NH business - NH962

HND-SFO - UA Polaris business - UA876
1h 55m layover
SFO-EWR - UA business - UA535

1. Am I eligible for any Polaris Lounges? Which airports?
2. Any ANA/NH lounges at PEK? Am I allowed?
3. What lounges are MOST suggested if nothing applies? (AmEx Plat holder, United Explorer holder - 2 UC passes)

Thanks!
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
PL at EWR

CA lounge at PEK (NH does not have its own lounge in Beijing; also, you may not have much time after transit)

NH lounge at HND

PL at SFO

Enjoy ^
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:58 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
Of the airports you list, only EWR and SFO have Polaris lounges. You will have access at EWR. You should also have access at SFO, but since you have to clear immigration and go through security again, you may not really have time to take advantage as your SFO to EWR flight will likely leave from T3, not the international terminal. On second thought, if you go back through security in the international terminal, you could probably spend a few minutes in the Polaris lounge and then take the connector walkway over to T3. If you have global entry, you'll have more time to spend in the lounge.

If you decide to make your way toward your SFO-EWR gate, because you're in business, you also have access to the regular United Club.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Repooc17
PL at EWR

CA lounge at PEK (NH does not have its own lounge in Beijing; also, you may not have much time after transit)

NH lounge at HND

PL at SFO

Enjoy ^
Will also have PL lounge access at EWR as well on the way back, since OP would have cleared customs/immigration in SFO and could stay airside upon arrival at EWR if they really wanted to.
JMBResona and onthesam like this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Will also have PL lounge access at EWR as well on the way back, since OP would have cleared customs/immigration in SFO and could stay airside upon arrival at EWR if they really wanted to.
Works better if the OP does not have checked luggage that needs to be retrieved at EWR.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Repooc17
PL at EWR

NH lounge at HND

PL at SFO

Enjoy ^
Thank you for the list!
So it's fine to go to Polaris Lounges before-departure and after-arrival?
This looks amazing, I just wish my layover times were a bit longer to enjoy them a bit more

Originally Posted by sb3
Of the airports you list, only EWR and SFO have Polaris lounges. You will have access at EWR. You should also have access at SFO, but since you have to clear immigration and go through security again, you may not really have time to take advantage as your SFO to EWR flight will likely leave from T3, not the international terminal. On second thought, if you go back through security in the international terminal, you could probably spend a few minutes in the Polaris lounge and then take the connector walkway over to T3. If you have global entry, you'll have more time to spend in the lounge.

If you decide to make your way toward your SFO-EWR gate, because you're in business, you also have access to the regular United Club.
So I have a few chances to go to the Polaris lounges: pre-departure EWR, pre-departure SFO, post-arrival EWR?
I do have Global Entry, so I believe I can take advantage of the International Terminal's Polaris Lounge.

So all-in-all, you're suggesting after immigration: leave International Terminal, enter through security for International Terminal, Polaris Lounge, walk through connector to get to T3.

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
Does not sound bad at all after a ~5 hour flight! Just to pick up some refreshments.

Originally Posted by StuckinITH
Works better if the OP does not have checked luggage that needs to be retrieved at EWR.
Since this trip will be about 5-6 days long, I could get away with it with just a carry-on. I will consider the possibilities. Thank you!
onthesam likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 8:00 pm
sb3

Programs: UA-1K
Originally Posted by risenmyth
Thank you for the list!

So all-in-all, you're suggesting after immigration: leave International Terminal, enter through security for International Terminal, Polaris Lounge, walk through connector to get to T3.

Since this trip will be about 5-6 days long, I could get away with it with just a carry-on. I will consider the possibilities. Thank you!
Yes, that is what I am suggesting. If you can manage with just a carry-on and your flight is on-time, then you should have time to use the SFO Polaris lounge. If you have to check a bag, that cuts a minimum of 20 minutes from your available time, maybe longer.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with SFO. When you exit immigration, you're dumped into the arrivals hall of the international terminal. There should be an escalator visible when you exit immigration - just head upstairs. That places you closest to the G International gates. You do not want the A International Gates. There is a TSA pre-check lane. As soon as you get through security, the Polaris lounge is to the right. If you do have enough time between flights, there are showers in the Polaris lounge. There aren't any at the regular United Club. Just past the Polaris lounge is an escalator, take it down, you'll see the connector hallway and simply walk to T3. Be sure to leave ~15 min to walk to your Newark gate.
risenmyth likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.