Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Best SFO United Club?
Print Wikipost

Best SFO United Club? {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: 1K 2010, 1P in 2011, Plat for 2012,13,14,15 & 2016. Gold in 17 & 18, Plat since
Does "best lounge" change based on time of day? When we flew to SYD, the RCC was quite nice and uncrowded. Very much unlike RCCs I've visited any other time.
Old May 4, 2014, 10:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Mike Jacoubowsky
Does "best lounge" change based on time of day? When we flew to SYD, the RCC was quite nice and uncrowded. Very much unlike RCCs I've visited any other time.
The Terminal G United Club clears out in the early afternoon after the Asia and Europe flights have departed. The T3 club remains crowded most of the day. It will really be nice when they open the new club towards the E concourse, that should ease the T3 crowding.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1MM
Originally Posted by hagan73
I used the SQ lounge on a United flight with no problems. Didn't even have my gold card with me, the boarding pass got me in with no issues. As always, YMMV. It's a smaller lounge but as always miles ahead the UA club. Few beers, self serve liquor, etc and some decent food options.
My experience exactly. The last few times I visited, I showed up close to their opening time; no problem getting in (traveling on UA in Y). Food options are definitely better than the UA Lounge.
Old May 4, 2014, 11:50 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by laginibre
My experience exactly. The last few times I visited, I showed up close to their opening time; no problem getting in (traveling on UA in Y). Food options are definitely better than the UA Lounge.
Even domestic?
Old May 5, 2014, 6:04 am

Originally Posted by 1353513636
Even domestic?
IME they will only let you in if you are departing on an international flight. I was able to get in a few weeks ago when flying CA to PEK, but was not able to get I had arrived from HKG on UA and was connecting to a domestic flight.
Old May 5, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1MM
Originally Posted by 1353513636
Even domestic?
International departures; never tried when flying domestic.
Old May 5, 2014, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by unavaca
Take the shuttle over to T1 and hit the AS lounge with Priority Pass.
Has anyone successfully done this?

I tried to do this years ago to meet my boyfriend who was arriving at T1 and they would not allow be on the bus since I did not have a departing boarding pass.
Old May 5, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: BA EC gold UA gold—MM Hilton Diamond Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Kacee
The Terminal G United Club clears out in the early afternoon after the Asia and Europe flights have departed. The T3 club remains crowded most of the day. It will really be nice when they open the new club towards the E concourse, that should ease the T3 crowding.
For what it is worth I was in the International Lounge at SFO on 28 April between 4.15 and 6 pm. They were advertising day passes at FD for 35$.!! The lounge became increasingly crowded and seats appeared to be in short supply when I left.!

Last edited by cheltenhamflyer; May 5, 2014 at 4:25 pm Reason: wrong date
Old May 5, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by wcj1

I tried to do this years ago to meet my boyfriend who was arriving at T1 and they would not allow be on the bus since I did not have a departing boarding pass.
Getting over to T1 can be hit-or-miss. Best plan for someone wanting to access the lounge on departure from SFO is to go through security in T1 (CSA will allow it, as long as you have a boarding pass for any terminal), and then catch the bus back to T3/G.

Only catch is that UA doesn't have check-in counters in terminal 1, so if you need to check luggage you need to go to T3 first, then walk/catch the train over landside.

Obviously this doesn't help someone in your situation. There have been reports of people being allowed catch the bus without a departing boarding pass after explaining why they want to go to T1 ("connecting to a US air flight that I don't have a boarding pass for" used to be a good option, but not so much now), but also several of people being denied.
Old May 5, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wcj1

many times
Old Jul 23, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1P; HH Diamond; MR Gold
Is this the prevailing consensus?

The UA GlobalFirst lounge is better than either the EVA or SQ lounges?

I guess I should visit all three if I have the time.

Originally Posted by docbert
If you're in economy, your options are :

If you're in GlobalFirst :

There's only one answer here - the International First Lounge in the International Terminal.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*G, AA Emerald, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt globalist
Originally Posted by adrocky

If you visit at night, both BR and SQ may deny your entry to protect their own customer. (SQ 1 have substantially more pax compare to the day time SQ 15)
Old Jul 23, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by unavaca
Take the shuttle over to T1 and hit the AS lounge with Priority Pass.
The AS boardroom in terminal 1 has apparently closed in preparation for their move to International A.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by docbert
The AS boardroom in terminal 1 has apparently closed in preparation for their move to International A.
True, it's gone. It was a nice lounge.
Old Jul 23, 2014, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, UA 1MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by adrocky

Way better. The SQ lounge is only marginally better than the standard UC (in that they have one hot dish out). The EVA lounge is a joke. Terrible food, and interior looks like my in-laws living room from the 1970s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.