Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Best SFO United Club?
Print Wikipost

Best SFO United Club? {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: UA Gold, VX Gold, AA PLT, DL Gold, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
domestic or intl.?

if domestic then UA Club is your only choice.
If you don't have a UC membership, the UC in the international terminal (walk from the domestic gates) near the EVA and Singapore lounges was $35 rather than the usual $50 when I was at SFO this past week.

Just a heads up.
Old May 3, 2014, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by vandrei
If you don't have a UC membership, the UC in the international terminal (walk from the domestic gates) near the EVA and Singapore lounges was $35 rather than the usual $50 when I was at SFO this past week.

Just a heads up.
OP said intl. w/ SAG

I'd try the Eva Air lounge as they mostly allow SAG access on intl. itineraries; the Singapore lounge is worth a shot but unless you fly them they will unlikely let you in.
Old May 3, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cfischer
OP said intl. w/ SAG

I'd try the Eva Air lounge as they mostly allow SAG access on intl. itineraries; the Singapore lounge is worth a shot but unless you fly them they will unlikely let you in.
Hmm. so all are better than the united club? When I search on Star Alliance's lounge finder, I do get both the Eva and Singapore lounge as potential options even if I fly with Lufthansa...
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...lounge-finder/
Old May 3, 2014, 2:07 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

It really doesn't matter what *A rules entitle you to, Singapore violates them with impunity. If they don't want to let you in, they won't let you in, period. They will often soften it by saying they are "too crowded," whether or not that is true.
Old May 3, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If you're in economy, your options are :

United club in International Terminal G, or the one in terminal 3. Both are roughly the same (depending on the time of day), but G is probably best simply due to proximity to your gate.

Alaska Boardroom in Terminal 1 (via Priority Pass). Small but quiet lounge. IMHO a little better than the UCs, but you'd need to get to/from Terminal 1 (eg, via the airside bus) and it's almost certainly not worth the effect.

Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge. Odds are you will be rejected, but it never hurts to try. This lounge is NOT signposted as a Star Gold lounge, so technically you should not get access. It also has limited hours based on the times of the 2 SQ flights/day.

Eva Air lounge. Basically zero chance of getting in. Only open limited hours, and they will claim they get too busy with their own passengers to let anyone else in.

If you're in Business :

Singapore Airlines SilverKris lounge WILL let you in, presuming they are not too crowded.

Eva Air should let you in (based on *A policy), but I have no idea if they will or not.

If you're in GlobalFirst :

There's only one answer here - the International First Lounge in the International Terminal.
Old May 3, 2014, 4:43 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by vd0t
I have a Priority Pass and should have *G by end of this month when I visit SFO. What is the best lounge to visit?

Options I see are United Club, Eva air Evergreen Lounge and Singapore airlines SilverKris Lounge Business Class.

I'm flying out with UA so perhaps the United Club is closest, but if another lounge is better, I wouldn't mind walking a bit

Thanks!
Best = any lounge that's not a RCC (UA F lounge is pretty good, but the rest are terrible). I like the SilverKris lounge slightly better but EVA has a good view.
Old May 3, 2014, 5:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
The best lounge at SFO is the AC in T2

Originally Posted by Boghopper
Best = any lounge that's not a RCC (UA F lounge is pretty good, but the rest are terrible).
I actually kind of like the Terminal G United Club. Just recognize there's no edible food and no showers. Andale across the way makes a very solid burrito.
Old May 3, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 3 Million Miler, Hyatt GP Diamond
I agree, SQ does what it wants, but if they let you in, it is probably the best lounge.
Old May 4, 2014, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Do any of the UA lounges have showers? We arrive at 7:30am on UA in F then leave at 12:40pm on OZ in business. With such a long layover, i thought I'd wait and take my morning shower at SFO so I won't have to get up so early.

Which lounge does Asiana use? Can I use any of the *A lounges?
Old May 4, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by susiesan
Do any of the UA lounges have showers? We arrive at 7:30am on UA in F then leave at 12:40pm on OZ in business. With such a long layover, i thought I'd wait and take my morning shower at SFO so I won't have to get up so early.

Which lounge does Asiana use? Can I use any of the *A lounges?
Do you arrive in UA GlobalFirst (ie, international over-water), or domestic first? If you're arriving in GlobalFirst you can use the arrival suites that are land-side and have showers.

Otherwise the SQ lounge does have showers, however it will not be open until several hours after you arrive. As you're in business you will be able to access SQ, along with the United Clubs (no showers).

There are also paid showers LAND-side at SFO at Freshen Up!

Last edited by docbert; May 4, 2014 at 1:41 pm Reason: Typo on the location of Freshen Up...
Old May 4, 2014, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by docbert
Do you arrive in UA GlobalFirst (ie, international over-water), or domestic first? If you're arriving in GlobalFirst you can use the arrival suites that are land-side and have showers.

There are also paid showers air-side at SFO at Freshen Up!
We arrive from MCI so it is domestic first.

I can't believe none of the UA lounges at an international gateway airport like SFO don't have showers. How chintzy of UA.
Old May 4, 2014, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
I can't believe none of the UA lounges at an international gateway airport like SFO don't have showers.
Actually all of them don't have showers - you've got too many negatives in there
Old May 4, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: AADULtArer
It really doesn't matter what *A rules entitle you to, Singapore violates them with impunity. If they don't want to let you in, they won't let you in, period. They will often soften it by saying they are "too crowded," whether or not that is true.
If you really want in , try ditching the flip flops and backpack. Ive never been denied in Biz clothes. Casual west coast dress doesn't make it in Asia/Asian culture.
Old May 4, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: United 1K,CX GOLD,SPG GOLD, Club Carlson GOLD, Accor PLAT, Amex PLAT
Best lounge in SFO?

I used the SQ lounge on a United flight with no problems. Didn't even have my gold card with me, the boarding pass got me in with no issues. As always, YMMV. It's a smaller lounge but as always miles ahead the UA club. Few beers, self serve liquor, etc and some decent food options.
Old May 4, 2014, 3:52 pm

Programs: UA G
Take the shuttle over to T1 and hit the AS lounge with Priority Pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.