Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 22, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Best SFO United Club?
Print Wikipost

Best SFO United Club? {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum, 1MM
Did the SK lounge in the International Terminal stop being a Star Alliance lounge? It no longer comes up in the search on the Star Alliance website. I know people were having problems getting into it with *G.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA GS 2.6MM & Lifetime UC, Qantas Platinum, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Platinum, HawaiianMiles
Originally Posted by CApreppie
Did the SK lounge in the International Terminal stop being a Star Alliance lounge? It no longer comes up in the search on the Star Alliance website. I know people were having problems getting into it with *G.
You mean SQ? No.
(edit--I see OP meant SilverKris rather than the airline. Keeping in mind that SK is SAS airline)
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
It's still a Star Alliance Gold lounge, but it's only open to Star Gold members traveling on international itineraries. There are no "problems" for qualifying passengers, however domestic customers will be turned down.

On a related note, a shameless plug for the Definitive Guide to the SFO Lounge Scene that I have contributed to for loungereview.com - it should answer most questions on this thread, and if not, feedback is welcome!

https://loungereview.com/the-definit...-lounge-scene/
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:44 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The SQ lounge @ SFO only allows admission on international itins
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-domestic.html

as the BR lounge @ SFO also does
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...itinerary.html
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
as the BR lounge @ SFO also does
My experience is that if you're not flying BR or Asian (yes, they are that discriminatory), you will not be allowed into the BR lounge on any itinerary.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 9:53 am

Did the New Club OPEN Today 11/18??

Originally Posted by DonSFO
I asked one of the construction guys the other day when they are going to finish. For what it is worth, he told me 11/18. I imagine they want to finish before the Thanksgiving crowds.
I have a cousin flying out of SFO next Wednesday, so I was just looking for an Update to pass on to Him!! Near which gates is this New Lounge located??

Thanks and Happy Turkey Day to ALL!!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:41 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by ITALady
Near which gates is this New Lounge located??
Gates 70/71
Old Nov 18, 2015, 5:04 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
More precisely, the new Club is between Gate 70 and the start of the new T3E gates (60-69).

Unless you go there off-peak times, expect crowded conditions as the new Club's seating area is tight.
For more discussion on this new Club, see
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...-2015-a-3.html
Old Dec 11, 2015, 1:59 am

Does anyone who has visited the new club think it's worth it to go out of the way to it rather than the club in the International terminal while traveling internationally? I don't mind 10-15 minute walks in airports, and the UC in the international is so drab, I'd much prefer to have a drink the aesthetically pleasing new UC ...
Old Dec 11, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: UA 1K 25 years/2MM, Honors LT Diamond, AVIS & Hertz Prez Club
Originally Posted by kthpence
Does anyone who has visited the new club think it's worth it to go out of the way to it rather than the club in the International terminal while traveling internationally? I don't mind 10-15 minute walks in airports, and the UC in the international is so drab, I'd much prefer to have a drink the aesthetically pleasing new UC ...
No.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:30 am

Originally Posted by SFO 1K
No.
Well that settles that (unfortunately). One would think that at a hub, a new lounge would be a must-go to, but UA always seems to do the opposite of what one would think.
Old Dec 11, 2015, 10:37 am
TA

Programs: UA 1K MM
By the way, has anyone else found that in the International terminal UC, the bartender-side half of the club has an unpleasant bleach/dishwasher air smell constantly? I think it's that the bar runs the dishwasher, and vents it directly to the club air.

I noticed it a few weeks ago, and asked the service director to come and observe it with me, but she kind of brushed it off as a temporary cleaning thing after doing so. Not very impressive.

Last edited by TA; Dec 11, 2015 at 10:44 am
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM / Hilton Diamond / Bonvoy Gold / Hertz PC
I'd only walk over there if you have plenty of time, not worth the walk in and of itself. Certainly no harm in going to check it out though!

Totally agree with the chlorine smell carrying over into the lounge from the bar. That being said, I'm usually at the bar - Chow, the bartender, is a national treasure!
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:27 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was in the new 60s gates club this morning. It is truly shocking that United would build a new club with totally inadequate capacity. I had to ask a couple at a table if they would let me join them, they were kind enough to allow it.

United club friendly, eh?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:04 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
My experience is that if you're not flying BR or Asian (yes, they are that discriminatory), you will not be allowed into the BR lounge on any itinerary.
My wife and I recently entered the BR lounge as *Gs on a UA SFO-NRT flight. Although I speak Mandarin, neither one of us looks the part.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.