Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX (Swiss) Phantom Award Space

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
LX F is not available for award redemption unless you hold top Miles & More status (SEN, HON).

It has occasionally been available briefly for booking by mere mortals, but those releases have been a mistake and LX canceled the last round of tickets.

What you are seeing is almost certainly phantom inventory.
nnn likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
no prob here tonight. Booked BCN-ZRH-SFO in I-class for October. 2 pax. ticketed in less than 5 mins!
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cfischer
no prob here tonight. Booked BCN-ZRH-SFO in I-class for October. 2 pax. ticketed in less than 5 mins!
In a strange reversal, LX is now one of the more generous carriers for TATL business class award space, including SFO.

I really liked the 77W hard product (soft not so much), and the flight times on LX 38/39 are excellent.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
In a strange reversal, LX is now one of the more generous carriers for TATL business class award space, including SFO.

I really liked the 77W hard product (soft not so much), and the flight times on LX 38/39 are excellent.
Agreed. LX business awards from the west coast used to be the white whale. Now I see it more often. What’s infuriating is the LX married segment logic combined with the new UA award rules/system. LAX-ZRH alone wasn’t available, but LAX-ZRH-VIE had availability. Wanted LAX-ZRH-FCO , but that wouldn’t come up. ZRH-FCO showed X availability when searching LAX-ZRH-FCO, but couldn’t get an agent to change my LAX-ZRH-VIE to LAX-ZRH(I)-FCO(X). If your head is spinning, imagine my pain, and the poor UA agent. Needless to say I still have an LAX-ZRH-VIE and not sure what to do. Hopeful LH F will open and it’ll be moot.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 1:39 pm
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
LX (Swiss) Phantom Award Space

Just a quick note that the UA website is showing a bunch of LX (Swiss) business class award space in August. It appears that at least some of these options are not bookable. I errored out on the website and calls to the 1K desk didn’t help.

So, don’t get too excited until your credit card goes through!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
I just tried switching to LX for a trip in June and the same thing happened. Wide open NYC-CH flights but apparently not bookable for some...
Old Mar 21, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
I booked 4 J seats YYZ-LIS-VIE-DBV on TAP and (ZAG-ZRH-ORD)LX-YYZ(AC) via Aeroplan in August a few days ago. The 2 LX segments kept vanishing and coming back but I was eventually able to book.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM; Bonvoy Titanium; most other FF programs...
I was surprised at the amount of LX availability I saw last night and was actually able to book a RT to Europe in July from LAX. One option did error out, but I am fine with the flights i ultimately got!
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by FoxFlyer
I was surprised at the amount of LX availability I saw last night and was actually able to book a RT to Europe in July from LAX. One option did error out, but I am fine with the flights i ultimately got!
You got lucky. It's Phantom - you got a real award space flight.

All my options error out at the last Payment step. Oh well.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:38 pm

Booked on UA but waitlisted?

I just booked for August (ZRH-SFO). Anyone have experience successfully booking the LX award with United miles (credit card charged, points deducted) but ending up with a “Waitlisted” status? I checked the Swiss site with the PNR and with the ticket number, same status. First time booking LX, so not sure if this is just normal operating procedure or if I should be looking for backup options.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
That sounds off, but you can call LX to confirm. Seems like a potentially good excuse to get positive space on UA metal.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cyin
I just booked for August (ZRH-SFO). Anyone have experience successfully booking the LX award with United miles (credit card charged, points deducted) but ending up with a “Waitlisted” status? I checked the Swiss site with the PNR and with the ticket number, same status. First time booking LX, so not sure if this is just normal operating procedure or if I should be looking for backup options.
Originally Posted by findark
That sounds off, but you can call LX to confirm. Seems like a potentially good excuse to get positive space on UA metal.
Exactly. Perfect excuse for UA to open IN inventory on their own metal. I love these for that reason
mrt88 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 11:32 am

Programs: UA 1K/1.5MM, HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Emerald Executive
Yes, very frustrated, saw the same and tried to book, got an error, called 1k desk, and was told it’s phantom. Totally sucks! Get out of 1990s, Star Alliance!
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mjrobson
I booked 4 J seats YYZ-LIS-VIE-DBV on TAP and (ZAG-ZRH-ORD)LX-YYZ(AC) via Aeroplan in August a few days ago. The 2 LX segments kept vanishing and coming back but I was eventually able to book.
Congrats! Were you able to book it online or via reservations desk?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Diamond, AC 35K, National Exec, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by cesco.g
Congrats! Were you able to book it online or via reservations desk?
Had to book over the phone as I had a stop and an openjaw. I also had to split the booking as LIS-VIE only had 3 J seats . The agent I had was really good!
cesco.g likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.