LX (Swiss) Phantom Award Space

Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: UA Silver
FWIW, I just booked saver J on SFO-ZRH-MAD and MAD-ZRH-SFO for November.

I didn't really expect the inventory shown on united.com to be real, but it ticketed via the website without a hitch.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by ProfessorChaos
FWIW, I just booked saver J on SFO-ZRH-MAD and MAD-ZRH-SFO for November.

I didn't really expect the inventory shown on united.com to be real, but it ticketed via the website without a hitch.
Huh. I've been trying to book GVA-ZRH-SFO for december every day (Y and J) for the last 3 weeks and can't get it to budge despite the inventory showing on united.com
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: UA:1k; MR: PLT; Hilton: Gold
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
Huh. I've been trying to book GVA-ZRH-SFO for december every day (Y and J) for the last 3 weeks and can't get it to budge despite the inventory showing on united.com
Did a couple test searches on EF (just did 2 Dec and 10 Dec GVA-ZRH-SFO). Appears the J (I) space is phantom as EF is showing 0. But the Y (X) space is real according to EF.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by jmanirish
Did a couple test searches on EF (just did 2 Dec and 10 Dec GVA-ZRH-SFO). Appears the J (I) space is phantom as EF is showing 0. But the Y (X) space is real according to EF.
EF is likely pulling its data from AC or NH. Always a good idea to check both of those booking engines when attempting to book with a *A carrier where there are known phantom inventory issues.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by jmanirish
Hey thanks a lot - appreciate it.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 1:54 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
So the nightmare I envisioned is starting to unravel...I booked 3 sets of LX J seats from EU to NYC for September. The transaction went through on the site, I got the ticket confirmation with ticket numbers for each passenger. I received the LX PNR and was able to successfully view my booking on their site. Two days ago, I got a call from UA saying my ticket "was not confirmed with the partner airline" and that they will confirm the tickets. The agent said I have nothing to worry about and somebody will call back to confirm again. I am thinking of calling LX to find out if they can see these tickets as confirmed on their side.... Anybody have any ideas?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by merc1234
So the nightmare I envisioned is starting to unravel...I booked 3 sets of LX J seats from EU to NYC for September. The transaction went through on the site, I got the ticket confirmation with ticket numbers for each passenger. I received the LX PNR and was able to successfully view my booking on their site. Two days ago, I got a call from UA saying my ticket "was not confirmed with the partner airline" and that they will confirm the tickets. The agent said I have nothing to worry about and somebody will call back to confirm again. I am thinking of calling LX to find out if they can see these tickets as confirmed on their side.... Anybody have any ideas?
My idea is to start scoping out your preferred flights on UA metal so that they can force open I space on those flights. If LX won't release the space you thought you'd booked, that is your best fallback position. And you should get some miles back, since UA prices its awards lower than partners, I believe.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:36 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by nycflyer222
I recently saw a saver award ticket in J on LX -- when I tried to complete the transaction, I got an error message and it said to call in.

So I called 1K line, she said the seats aren't technically open yet (and wouldn't be until about 6 months in advance). Why are they appearing online then?
That's strange, is she saying you can only book 6 months in advance? I booked an LX flight on UA.com in November for a flight next September.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface
That's strange, is she saying you can only book 6 months in advance? I booked an LX flight on UA.com in November for a flight next September.
After considerable efforts, I also recently snagged something in 2018. Many days of errors preceded my surprise when it actually went through.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:08 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver
I recently booked J awards SFO-ZRH-LIS on Swiss via UA.com for next September. Went right through, have assigned seats, so no problems it appears.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by travelerp
I recently booked J awards SFO-ZRH-LIS on Swiss via UA.com for next September. Went right through, have assigned seats, so no problems it appears.
how did you get seats assigned? i don't seem to have assignments nor is there an LX record locator for me to access.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Club, Amex Platinum, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
To get seat assignment on LX booked on UA you have to call LX. Done it many times, no problem even without a record locator - just give them the name, date, flight info and they can find it.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dnwaldmann
To get seat assignment on LX booked on UA you have to call LX.
It's sometimes possible to reserve LX seats online using the LX PNR, though their website is very finicky and won't always allow it.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by dnwaldmann
To get seat assignment on LX booked on UA you have to call LX. Done it many times, no problem even without a record locator - just give them the name, date, flight info and they can find it.
thanks!
Old Feb 3, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by aCavalierInCoach
how did you get seats assigned? i don't seem to have assignments nor is there an LX record locator for me to access.
Just use your ticket number. Enter that and last name into the LX site. It will give you the PNR and you can pick seats at the same time.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.