Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Buying PQMs, PQSs, and PQDs on mystatus.United.com / email

Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

Buying PQMs, PQSs, and PQDs on mystatus.United.com / email

Old Mar 19, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold
15,000 PQM for $1730. A co-worker got the same offer and bit. Was pleasantly surprised to see that $1730 got added as PQD as well. The offer page made no mention of PQDs
Old Mar 19, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: UA 1K and MM, Marriot, Hilton
Originally Posted by DELee
Sequence of options in my offer:

David
i have the same offer, been a 1K for a while, US resident. have about 40,000 PQM this year.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 1:58 pm

Programs: United Platinum; Hilton D; Marriott G
I received an offer to purchase qualifying miles and segments, for up to 15 segments. The cost ranges from $130 to $115.33. I've booked qualifying flights for under $200 (with 4 segments) last year. On the surface, it doesn't look like a good offer. What do you think?

Screen snip from UA on offer.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 19, 2019 at 2:33 pm Reason: moved to an existing thread
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
It's not a good offer, unless you place negative utility on having to fly the miles/segments.
Old Mar 19, 2019, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by 1984SW
Where on https://mystatus.united.com/ would these offers appear, or is it e-mail invitation only? Although I've been MP Gold for a couple years now, this year I'm 0/0/0 so might not qualify for any PQM/PQS/PQD purchases.
Offer is very prominent for me at least on mystatus.united.com - See red highlighted box below:

David
wpcoe and Aussienarelle like this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
If this promotion counted towards lifetime mileage, I'd be more likely to jump on it.
ckidder331 likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, 1MM
Originally Posted by Weatherboy
If this promotion counted towards lifetime mileage, I'd be more likely to jump on it.
Is there anything other than straight BIS miles that counts towards lifetime status? I'm not aware of anything ...
Old Mar 20, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA MM 1K, AA MM Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by tarheelnj
Got an email offering 15,000 PQM's or 15 PQS's for $1,570. What I haven't seen before was a note that the purchase would count toward PQD's. I'm considering it.
(Update) Checked today and the price jumped to $1,730. No longer considering it.
Old Mar 20, 2019, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iapetus
Is there anything other than straight BIS miles that counts towards lifetime status? I'm not aware of anything ...
Nope. BIS is BIS. This is purely a money grab by UA that doesn't help your lifetime status.

David
Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA 1K, CO Plat, NW Plat, Marriott Premiere Plat, SPG Plat, Priority Gold, Hilton Gold
I have the 15k for $1730 offer.

I flew to MEL and back end of December to make 1K. If this offer had been made to me then.... I still wouldn't have taken it as it would have left me short PQM.

Since I was short $1,500 PQD last year until that last run, $1730 doesn't get me near the $4500 I'm likely to be short this year.

Now, if United announced that 2020 GPUs weren't subject to the lottery, that $4,500 might seem mildly more reasonable...
Old Mar 21, 2019, 6:26 am
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
It appears just after the header detailing your present status on https://mystatus.united.com/ also separately recievedan email. This may be tragetted but below is the generic link

Purchase PQMs/PQSs with PQD credit promo
It must be targeted. There is nothing below the header on mystatus.united.com like on @DELee's screen capture and when I use the link I get:

Thanks for your interest

Either youve already purchased Premier qualifying miles (PQM) and Premier qualifying segments (PQS) through this offer, or the United MileagePlus account you entered is not eligible.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1984SW
It must be targeted. There is nothing below the header on mystatus.united.com like on @DELee's screen capture and when I use the link I get:
Bummer. Well, at least you can save your real $$$ for real flights...

David
wpcoe likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2019, 8:08 pm

Programs: United 1K
on my offer page it explicitly says that the purchase will count towards PQDs as well.

definitely not paying for this. guess algorithm is taking into account current PQM earned (i'm currently ~Gold for 2020) though my travels are backloaded for 2019.

Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum, Avis President's Club, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by beeasyed
on my offer page it explicitly says that the purchase will count towards PQDs as well.

definitely not paying for this. guess algorithm is taking into account current PQM earned (i'm currently ~Gold for 2020) though my travels are backloaded for 2019.

I get the same Pricing. Will hit 50K PQM on my AKL trip starting tomorrow: I won't need to buy miles to hit 1K PQM/PQD this year, and even if I did I wouldn't pay that.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 9:06 pm

Programs: SPG Titanium, United Premier 1K
Originally Posted by waddy
My offer was for 15,000 PQM for $1,730 for another data point
This is my offer as well. I am really torn about this. Looking at the rest of my flights for the year, I will probably end up with about 85k PQM and 13k PQD, so this would make the difference between going from Platinum to 1K. And I do use those GPUs and like the flexibility of canceling awards without fees, highest upgrade priority after GS, etc. The question is if $1730 is worth Platinum to 1K!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.