Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

The apparently infamous United cheeseburger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR

I just about never buy food while up in the air, something about your digestive system shutting down when flying. Maybe I should stick with that. What do you think?

On a United Airlines Flight, I Did Something I'd Been Warned Not To Do. I May Never Recover
https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk...r-recover.html
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
I just about never buy food while up in the air, something about your digestive system shutting down when flying. Maybe I should stick with that. What do you think?

On a United Airlines Flight, I Did Something I'd Been Warned Not To Do. I May Never Recover
https://www.inc.com/chris-matyszczyk...r-recover.html
Slow news day for Inc.? I have had the burger many times, and it is really not that bad. I am not sure what else is to be expected of BoB food in Y.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:30 am

Inc.com is awful journalism, if you can even call it that.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:44 am

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
What a ridiculous story. And they actually pay people to write stuff like that?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM
I stopped reading as soon as the picture of the plane loaded...which was pretty much instantly.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:21 pm
cur

Programs: fwp blood diamond, dykwia uranium
I get it for free as a 1k for every domestic flight and while I am very sick and tired of it I really liked it. They even give you fresh lettuce tomato and pickle on the side. It's plane food, I'd never eat this on the ground but it's best BoB I've ever had.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Aside from being a bit on the greasy side, it's not bad. Not great, but not bad.
Boraxo and Icydubloon like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
They were serving these in F out of DEN when the kitchen was shut down. They were fine. I've certainly seen worse.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had this as a snack in F on OGG-SFO (red-eye, no meal served). I should have had the noodle salad instead.

I don't blame UA; microwaving a burger destroys it. The texture is just wrong. I think that the ingredients were good. I appreciated that the cheese was real and the veggies seemed fresh.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
One time I got one of the burgers as the free food when I was flying in Economy but it did not come with the things that are supposed to come on the side (lettuce/tomato etc....). When I asked the FA about it, he barked that it was not provided. Sorry if a simple request makes the FA unhappy.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: UA GS4MM, MR LT Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by VegasGambler

I don't blame UA; microwaving a burger destroys it.
I thought they heated it in an oven. I"ve had microwave White Castle Cheeseburgers - except for no pickle, tastes the same as in the store.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:09 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, HH Diamond, Marriott 'clink clink' Titanium
They're not bad hot. Don't try and eat it after it's assumed room temperature.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, National Executive Elite, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Didn't UA used to have the beef stew bowls? Something like that was the one BoB item I found appetizing.
MTan likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
I have it every time I’m in coach, when available. They vary the bun and cheese, which is nice. Current brioche bun is pretty darn good.
glasman19 likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
I haven't had it in the latest iteration (as IAH-OIL-TRASH notes they mix up bun and cheese), but my last meal-length UA segment in Y, it was quite tasty and in my opinion of outstanding quality for food in Economy. I was also happy to eat it when it was part of the Snack service in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.