Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

General Questions About Two Upcoming United Trips:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

General Questions About Two Upcoming United Trips:

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2019, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Your chances of upgrade SFO-OGG are just about zero as a Silver.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 12:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Your chances of upgrade SFO-OGG are just about zero as a Silver.
Better odds if you catch one of the 39Ms that got upgauged to 77W
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:11 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Like others, I don't think 40 minutes will work. (I am surprised UA even sold it) You have ten minutes between landing time and the time you're supposed to be at the gate for the next flight.

As far as the June flights, don't UA silvers get automatic Y/B upgrades?
Old Mar 18, 2019, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite / Delta Platinum / United Silver
Originally Posted by Miles Ahead
Like others, I don't think 40 minutes will work. (I am surprised UA even sold it) You have ten minutes between landing time and the time you're supposed to be at the gate for the next flight.

Yes but there has to be PZ space open. I was instant upgraded on TVC-IAD af booking.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: United Plat 2MM, Hilton Gold
Well, if there's no PZ space 3 months out, that does not bode well for clearing.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Well, if there's no PZ space 3 months out, that does not bode well for clearing.
That really doesn't say much of anything at all about upgrade odds closer in. UA often holds off releasing PZ until closer to departure. Though in general those releases are becoming rarer and rarer at any time.
jsloan and JBord like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, that's a good point. It's worth watching for PZ space, but I still wouldn't get my hopes up. (PZ1 on ORD-TVC is feasible if they don't sell any seats). PZ space hub-to-hub is quite rare, but the chances are better than the chances for a CPU or clearing at the gate.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:14 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by JackFranchino
Hi FT Community,

Just booked two trips with United - one to Innsbruck and one to Maui. I had a few questions regarding United Clubs along the way, connection times, and upgrade chances. Thanks in advance for your time and help - I appreciate it!

Question #1 : I have a 40-minute connection in EWR, going from a domestic flight (arriving from IAD) to an international flight (departing to FRA). How tight is this going to be? Will I make it?

Question #2 : I have 4 hours and 40 minutes in EWR on my way back from FRA, is there a United Club that is better than the rest - and is it accessible using one-time passes?

Question #3 : Are there any pay-to-use lounges in Frankfurt? If so, which is the best for food/showers/location (will be connecting from United to Austrian outbound and Austrian to United return)? I'll be spending a combined 6 hours and 40 minutes waiting there.

Question #4 Could I get your opinions on upgrade chances on the flights below? I'm a United Premier Silver - I'll include fare class and other relevant info below. Thanks again!

March 27 ORD-SFO UA1891 B753 (S Class) 7 FC Left
March 27 SFO-OGG UA539 B738 (S Class) 5 FC Left
April 1 DEN-ORD UA2385 B739 (S Class) 14 FC Left
June 15 IAD-EWR UA1972 A319 (B Class) 6 FC Left
June 22 EWR-ORD UA2015 B739 (B Class) 17 FC Left
June 22 ORD-TVC UA1199 A319 (B Class) 8 FC Left
As others have noted, your first connection at EWR is legal, but very tight. If your flight from IAD is at all delayed, you could ask to fly Austrian Airlines IAD-VIE-INN. If you miss your connection at EWR, you could inquire about EWR-VIE-INN, also on Austrian. I've flown into Innsbruck many times (I used to live there), and I find it easier to clear immigration and change planes at VIE than at FRA.

Last edited by JPG3392; Mar 18, 2019 at 8:15 am Reason: Corrected typo.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by findark
Better odds if you catch one of the 39Ms that got upgauged to 77W
Yeah, I watched wistfully yesterday as a subbed 77W OGG-LAX pushed back just as I was getting ready to board my 77HD OGG-SFO (coach) 🙁
Old Mar 18, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Does Non Rev count?
Hi, I will echo the other comments. As a UA employee, I can personally tell you, the 40 minute connection time is not a good idea.

Safe travels, and thank you for your business!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.