Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

76L, High J 763 (46 Polaris/22PP/43E+/56E-) now operational

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 17, 2019, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cesco.g
Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP
Routes
EWR<>LHR
EWR<>ZRH
IAD <> ZRH (Spring 2020)
ORD <> ZRH (Spring 2020)
ORD<>LHR
76L configuration is 767-300 with 46J / 22PE / 43E+ / 56E-; fleet to consist of 17 ships (14 former 2-cabin 76C and 3 used ships from Hawaiian).

Print Wikipost

76L, High J 763 (46 Polaris/22PP/43E+/56E-) now operational

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Sure looks like I'm on one September 4th ORD-LHR

img
Why choose that seat rather than A or L? Old habits from previous config with the solo seats?
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by fumje
Why choose that seat rather than A or L? Old habits from previous config with the solo seats?
Hedging the chance it goes back to 2-1-2 version. And it's a redeye, so not particular about window if it remains high J.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Lancelot
We're booked on UA941 on Sept 21...economy award tickets. Paid $298.00 to upgrade to e+ and got exit row seats 22K/L. Now we've been assigned to 36K/L which when I checked last night were going for $119 each so I wondered about a refund of the difference.
22K/L is not an exit row seat on the new config; in fact it's Premium Plus seating (Premium Economy; extra width and legroom both). So, I think you got affected by the recent announcement that they're moving to this premium configuration full-time for EWR-LHR.

You can call and ask for your old seats to be reinstated. If the agent won't do that, I'd expect that you could negotiate a refund of the difference between what you originally paid and what you're currently seeing. E+ prices change all the time, though; it's not anything about refunds.

The other thing that you can do is wait until you see a nice price on E+ seats that you want and buy them. The original E+ fees would be refunded after the flight. (Usually it's automatic, but make a note to check a week after your flight).

Originally Posted by IAH-OIL-TRASH
Sure looks like I'm on one September 4th ORD-LHR
I think they intend to use the high-J frame on ORD-LHR, but they're not yet ready to commit to it on a daily basis.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 3:38 pm
Ted

Programs: UA 1P MM, HH G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Maybe I wasn't clear, only call if it switches to E+ and then plea. Agree don't call until a change occurs.
Well that didn't take long. Knocked out of P+ this morning back to E+ where I actually belong. I guess better to do it now rather than at check in when things might be full.

This config with E+ and E- might bring up the possibility of crawling-self-upgrades, from the middle group of seats which are E- to the other side of the aisle which are E+. Raise both armrests and crawl across to your new E+ seat when no one is looking!

Also if this config were to be slipped in to a premium transcon they would be serving meals to the outside parts of rows but not the middle...
Old Jul 27, 2019, 4:22 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ted
Well that didn't take long. Knocked out of P+ this morning back to E+ where I actually belong. ...
Yeap, UA is clearout the PP seats, there was a report earlier today in this thread. That individual had paid a high E+ access fee to get those seats.

Originally Posted by Ted
... I guess better to do it now rather than at check in when things might be full. ...
Yes
Old Jul 27, 2019, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PsiFighter37
I wonder what their plan will be for other utilization, then. 17 birds for a 5x daily route doesn't seem terribly efficient, since given the flight times, they could theoretically use only 5 birds (assuming no mx issues) to cover it. I have to think it will pop up on either ORD-LHR or IAD-LHR. EWR-ZRH and EWR-GVA seemed to be highly likely given what was discussed when this LOPA first became public. Personally, I think putting a second frequency on EWR-BRU might make a bunch of sense, or possibly a second frequency for EWR-FRA...connecting US financial centers to EU capital / main EU financial center.
IAD-GVA has a good chance once 76L planes are located at IAD. EWR/IAD-ZRH might still need larger Y-seat capacity.
76L would be a great configuration for low-season SFO-ZRH, if it wasn't for the range.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AS
Originally Posted by cesco.g
76L would be a great configuration for low-season SFO-ZRH, if it wasn't for the range.
There was a short time when Belair/Air Berlin used to fly ZRH-SFO-ZRH on a 767. But maybe they never carried much cargo, etc. ...
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:29 am

My upcoming flight LHR-EWR was changed to the new configuration too. And I have to say I am NOT happy about it.

I'm flying in economy and had paid $25 for a window seat. Now all the seats A / B and J / K are economy plus seats and so my seat reservation was changed to the "next equal economy" seat which happens to be 36E - a middle seat. Only middle seats are open, all aisles and windows are blocked.

I get that equipment changes can happen, but at least UA could reimburse the seat reservation fee. After all, I now paid $25 for a middle seat (that I probably would have gotten anyway and that I would never have paid for in advance). HUACA didn't help either. This kind of sucks.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 5:43 am

Programs: *
Originally Posted by bacchus85
My upcoming flight LHR-EWR was changed to the new configuration too. And I have to say I am NOT happy about it.

I'm flying in economy and had paid $25 for a window seat. Now all the seats A / B and J / K are economy plus seats and so my seat reservation was changed to the "next equal economy" seat which happens to be 36E - a middle seat. Only middle seats are open, all aisles and windows are blocked.

I get that equipment changes can happen, but at least UA could reimburse the seat reservation fee. After all, I now paid $25 for a middle seat (that I probably would have gotten anyway and that I would never have paid for in advance). HUACA didn't help either. This kind of sucks.
It may well change back. It is real confusion on that route now and changes occur up to the day of travel. Few weeks ago we were changed to a 77W on day of travel. Seat allocation is a mess on this route but should settle out once high J 763 are all completed.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ani90
It may well change back. It is real confusion on that route now and changes occur up to the day of travel. Few weeks ago we were changed to a 77W on day of travel. Seat allocation is a mess on this route but should settle out once high J 763 are all completed.
UA flew a 77W on EWR-LHR?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:29 pm

I wonder what their plan will be for other utilization, then. 17 birds for a 5x daily route doesn't seem terribly efficient, since given the flight times, they could theoretically use only 5 birds (assuming no mx issues) to cover it. I have to think it will pop up on either ORD-LHR or IAD-LHR. EWR-ZRH and EWR-GVA seemed to be highly likely given what was discussed when this LOPA first became public. Personally, I think putting a second frequency on EWR-BRU might make a bunch of sense, or possibly a second frequency for EWR-FRA...connecting US financial centers to EU capital / main EU financial center.
17 frames - wow thought it was 10 or less. I suppose I could read the wiki by not using a phone.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:19 pm

Programs: *

Yes. Was good for all of us waiting for GPU upgrades and also for Non-revs on wait-list as all got through. The plane came in from EWR on the daytime flight and then left next evening at 6pm.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by bacchus85

United should refund the fee based on the equipment change. Try: https://www.united.com/ual/en/us/customer/refund

22JUN, N2331U.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:30 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
.. I suppose I could read the wiki by not using a phone.
Wikis are available on the mobile interface, you may have it disabled. Look just below the thread title.
Old Aug 18, 2019, 6:00 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Does anyone think the insane number of blocked/op-up’s is only temporary since they switched the configs for EWR-LHR after summer began (I think) and didn’t have the full sales window to effectively sell the seats, or is this more of a sign that these AC could become op-up favorites in the future?

Flying to LHR tomorrow and was looking at my SDC options/checking flight statuses and surprised to see that every single evening EWR-LHR is 20+ blocked - lucky for elites on those flights who didn’t buy Polaris or a W!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.