Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Inconsistency of aircrat type -UA FlightStatus(Cablepick.net) vs flight search UA.com

Inconsistency of aircrat type -UA FlightStatus(Cablepick.net) vs flight search UA.com

Old Mar 12, 2019, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Gold

Ran into a curious inconsistency between United Flight Status via Cablepick versus United.com. This is what Cablepick shows me for United 182 departing DEN on June 8:

and this is what United's Itinerary Management shows me:

Notice the FSN via Cablepick shows UA 182 as a 737-800 while United Itinerary Management shows me the correct (I hope) aircraft of a 787-8. Since Cablepick's information comes directly from United, it is apparently going into a different database than itinerary management. Any ideas on what the different sources are and why they'd have this inconsistency?
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ExplorerWannabe
Notice the FSN via Cablepick shows UA 182 as a 737-800 while United Itinerary Management shows me the correct (I hope) aircraft of a 787-8. Since Cablepick's information comes directly from United, it is apparently going into a different database than itinerary management. Any ideas on what the different sources are and why they'd have this inconsistency?
It's not so much that "Cablepick's information comes directly from United" as it is that Cablepick is just a tool that generates custom URLs for the United.com flight status page.

What you're seeing here is that the schedule is correct but the flight detail database is incorrect. The latter will correct itself once someone notices or as the flight date approaches. Since there is limited public access to the flight details three months ahead of time, they're not a top priority; 99.99% of all users need the schedule to be correct (which it is).
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:38 am
Original Poster

I realize Cablepick gets its info from United.com but it apparently is getting its info from a different database than United.com's itinerary management. I'm not worried about it, just curious about the difference in the databases.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
I realize Cablepick gets its info from United.com but it apparently is getting its info from a different database than United.com's itinerary management. I'm not worried about it, just curious about the difference in the databases.
It isn't getting information from United.com. It is United.com. The discrepancy you are seeing has nothing to do with Cablepick.
jsloan and narvik like this.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
It isn't getting information from United.com. It is United.com. The discrepancy you are seeing has nothing to do with Cablepick.
I realize that and perhaps I should have titled this thread differently. My point is that the information from United.com as obtained through Cablepick and the information from United.com as obtained from Manage Itinerary is inconsistent, meaning it must come from different databases at United.com. As I said, I'm not worried about it, but am curious about which databases they are pulling from and why they are inconsistent.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I realize that and perhaps I should have titled this thread differently. My point is that the information from United.com as obtained through Cablepick and the information from United.com as obtained from Manage Itinerary is inconsistent, meaning it must come from different databases at United.com. As I said, I'm not worried about it, but am curious about which databases they are pulling from and why they are inconsistent.
Sorry, I thought I answered that. There are different databases for the flight schedule and for flight details (amenities, etc.). The flight detail database is a lower priority, because it's normally only accessible for flights within a small range of dates.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.