Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should I buy a PE fare before April 1?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 6:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by findark
Many TPAC markets at or below $1,200 r/t (SFO-SIN for example) and some TATL markets at a similar price point (SFO-CDG). That's barely 11 cents of RSM to Europe, which is questionably profitable in Economy. Asia is even worse. My comparisons to market are to the prices offered by NH on SFO-NRT or LH on SFO-FRA prior to the UA rollout. Obviously everyone is matching each other, at least in rough terms, today.
not only PE, but also regular Economy class. UA price has been always much cheaper than many Asian carriers including NH. You may wonder why, the truth is UA can not compete with them on tge basis of both soft and hard product, so they have to compete on lower price.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:40 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's dirt cheap for PE. I regularly price W fares on the SFO routes, and SFO-HKG and SFO-TPE are typically $1000-1300 for the W, while SFO-NRT is almost always $1500 or more (with cheapest available fare typically a Q or H). I recently purchased a combined P/R fare to NRT for around $2500, which I felt was a very good deal compared to the $1700+ UA wanted for an H (cheapest available economy).
Agreed. Great deal. I’ve been searching east coast to Europe, so that must be why I haven’t seen any great deals. $1200 for west coast to Europe or Asia is great.

Typically $2700 for east coast to anywhere though! Hard pass for PE at that price if BA or AA (from phl) are $1500 or less. Sometimes I’ve seen PE price out only $200 less than Polaris. And to be fair to UA, AA had jacked up their prices for PE significantly this year compared to last summer. Might have been some intro pricing, who knows. AA knows how to extract blood from a stone at PHL.

OP—probably should jump on that fare!
Old Mar 9, 2019, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by airb330
Typically $2700 for east coast to anywhere though! Hard pass for PE at that price if BA or AA (from phl) are $1500 or less.
The is a consistent sub $3k J fare NYC-FRA on SQ, LH, and UA. Right now, it's as low as $2318 on SQ and $2518 on UA/LH.
airb330 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.