Wiki Posts
Search

GS Hold time 25-30 mins

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
GS Hold time 25-30 mins

I just called the GS dedicated line and got a hold time estimate of 25-30 mins. Really? Is the weather that bad today!? That's crazy. Am I missing something?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saccoNY
I just called the GS dedicated line and got a hold time estimate of 25-30 mins. Really? Is the weather that bad today!? That's crazy. Am I missing something?
Did it recognize you when you called? There was a thread recently about a couple of 1K members who were getting long hold times; it seemed like the system lost track of their status and they were being put into the no-status queue.
findark likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I called three times today: morning, midday, and afternoon, and didn't wait more than a minute each time.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, United 1K, HH Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by wxguy
I called three times today: morning, midday, and afternoon, and didn't wait more than a minute each time.
High maintenance, maybe?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by jsloan
Did it recognize you when you called? There was a thread recently about a couple of 1K members who were getting long hold times; it seemed like the system lost track of their status and they were being put into the no-status queue.
yup, I am sure having that problem. After some back and forth with the 1K Email desk I am finally chatting with UA's tech support. They are telling me my phone number is NOT registered ... yet, when I call it tells me 'hello cfischer' ... tech support is currently trying to figure out what is wrong ... no solution yet, but they are reportedly looking into it. Looks like several 1Ks are affected and now even GS? Wow ... UA better fixes this one quickly.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Mlife NOIR
My number wasn’t recognized when I called several times yesterday. But back to normal now.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Amex Centurion, UA 1MM
Originally Posted by jsloan
it said “thank you for calling Global Service. Please wait while I connect you to a Global Service agent”.

I called earlier and it went right through. Same phone. And I called back three times.

Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Hasn't been a dedicated GS line for several years , just priority answering , I called a couple of days a go for a flight change, clueless agent who given the background noise sounded like they where in a pet shop,
Got a good one on third call in, fortunately no wait time then
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by wanderingkev
Hasn't been a dedicated GS line for several years , just priority answering , I called a couple of days a go for a flight change, clueless agent who given the background noise sounded like they where in a pet shop,
Got a good one on third call in, fortunately no wait time then
I seem to get the same agents frequently -- and most are excellent. I had some "chat time" with one recently as she waited for an answer from the rate desk and I asked her about her responsibilities. She said she is a part of a group that handles GS callers as priority. If the phone system sees that there are no GS calls in the queue and there are enough GS-priority agents available to take calls, non-GS premier callers (1K, etc.) will be routed to her. So while it's not a strictly "GS desk," there is a group of agents for whom GS is the #1 priority.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: UA GS ,QF Plat
Originally Posted by wxguy
I seem to get the same agents frequently -- and most are excellent. I had some "chat time" with one recently as she waited for an answer from the rate desk and I asked her about her responsibilities. She said she is a part of a group that handles GS callers as priority. If the phone system sees that there are no GS calls in the queue and there are enough GS-priority agents available to take calls, non-GS premier callers (1K, etc.) will be routed to her. So while it's not a strictly "GS desk," there is a group of agents for whom GS is the #1 priority.
I would say when I call in I am about 75/25 good to questionable on the first attempt, I would be interested if the core group has a 24/7 coverage as there are certain times of the week when the failure rate seems higher
Old Mar 8, 2019, 7:10 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
I haven't had to wait for more than a minute or two for the GS desk recently. There were times in the past during major weather events where that may have been more like 2-10 minutes. As has been noted up-thread, I have had a pretty-good hit rate with actually getting the GS-priority agents but its really easy to tell when you don't. Had an agent last Friday tell me they couldn't protect me on a flight because its "impossible" to double-book a passenger. Said thank you, hung up, called back, and was protected on the next flight in first 20 seconds later. Called back when my original flight did find a pilot to cancel the protection booking and actually got the same agent who told me she loves working with GS flyers because they actually do things like call back to cancel the double-booking if they don't need it.
wxguy and traveling bijorn like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.