Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Revised UA livery revealed 24 April 2019 (sneak peek on FT on 23rd)

Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
The leaked first shot:

Uniteds announcement video:
https://twitter.com/united/status/11...525993984?s=20

PDF of the new livery:
https://mma.prnewswire.com/media/876...jpg?p=original

Out with the Gold, in with the Blue - United Airlines Unveils its Next Fleet Paint Design
Updated aircraft livery is the next step in United's ongoing efforts to modernize its visual brand

CHICAGO, April 24, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, United Airlines is introducing customers and employees to a modernized aircraft livery, which will bring a refreshed look to its fleet. The design is a visual representation of United's ongoing brand evolution while staying true to the history it has developed over the past 93 years of proudly serving customers around the world.

"As we improve and elevate our customer experience, we are changing the way people think and feel about United, and this branding captures that new spirit," said Oscar Munoz, CEO of United Airlines. "Each improvement we've added to our service advances our evolution as an airline, furthering our effort to elevate and redefine customer service in the sky. This modernized design, especially our iconic globe, enhances the very best of United's image and values while pointing in the direction of where we intend to go next in serving our customers."

The next iteration of United's livery prominently features the color most connected to the airline's core blue. Three shades Rhapsody Blue, United Blue and Sky Blue are used throughout the design in a way that pays respect to United's heritage while bringing a more modern energy. The airline is keeping its iconic globe logo on the aircraft tail, which represents the carrier's expansive route network of reaching 355 destinations in nearly 60 countries. The tail will be updated with a gradient in the three shades of blue, while the logo will now appear predominantly in Sky Blue. The engines and wingtips are also being painted United Blue, and the swoop that customers and employees have expressed fondness for on United's Dreamliner fleet will be added to all aircraft in Rhapsody Blue. United's name will appear larger on the aircraft body and the lower half of the body will be painted Runway Gray. United's mission of "Connecting people. Uniting the world." will also be painted near the door of each aircraft.

The new design features core colors from United's updated brand palette, which was introduced last year as a step toward updating the brand's visual identity. Blue continues to be the airline's primary color, with various tones creating more depth and reflecting the colors customers and employees see when they look out the plane window at the sky. The airline's new color palette also includes shades of purple, which is most recognizable as the color of the new United Premium Plus seats are being added to the fleet. When combined, the purple and blue tones create a soothing environment and a more relaxed travel experience. In updating its colors, United is reducing the use of gold, which was added to the brand palette almost 30 years ago. United's new color palette can also be seen in the accent colors of the new uniforms that are being created for more than 70,000 front-line employees.

On average, United aircraft receive new paint jobs every seven years. The first aircraft painted with the new design is a Boeing 737-800, which will be joined by a mix of narrowbody, widebody and regional aircraft with the updated livery throughout the year. For more information visit united.com/brandevolution.
Print Wikipost

Revised UA livery revealed 24 April 2019 (sneak peek on FT on 23rd)

Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by xzh445
Anyone else notice the CON in "pre Globe" typeface on the reference image?

Thats not even remotely the same font, and more importantly, it says 'Confidential' not 'Continental'
Old Apr 23, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by Agremeister
Thats not even remotely the same font, and more importantly, it says 'Confidential' not 'Continental'
Well true... but that doesn't support a conspiracy theory or FT Speculation narrative.
(and it IS remotely... Both are all CAPS )
Old Apr 23, 2019, 11:07 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, IHG Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Avis PC
Originally Posted by xzh445
Well true... but that doesn't support a conspiracy theory or FT Speculation narrative.
(and it IS remotely... Both are all CAPS )
My head went the exact same place yesterday when I saw that photo. Even considered the possibility they sloppily used stock video of someone painting a CO plane.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EmailKid
Yes

Oh, and I forgot to predict that there will be text on the engines that is not shown on the picture based on leaked info.
Bring back Worldwide Service and a winged T. Within 3 livery changes we may get our real UA back. Removing yellow is a positive step.
tuolumne, am1108 and UAL757222 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by threeoh
They flew it in in the middle of the night (between 12am and 3am)
Originally Posted by EmailKid
The morning (middle of night) of reveal @:-)

Waiting (somewhat) anxiously ..... probably still fairly boring.
Yes, I know. But you guys were sleeping. You will see it by tomorrow. You'll be surprised.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

Bring back Worldwide Service and a winged T. Within 3 livery changes we may get our real UA back. Removing yellow is a positive step.
Dont count on it. Old UA is never coming back neither is the tulip. This is a new United.
dinoscool3, wrp96 and sgfood like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:27 pm

Good news! I've managed to grab some of the production artwork before it goes live tomorrow. Here it is! Looks like they decided to take some cues from Alaska and Hawaiian.

PTahCha, iluv2fly, tods27 and 19 others like this.

Last edited by Agremeister; Apr 23, 2019 at 3:47 pm
Old Apr 23, 2019, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold

Good news! I've managed to grab some of the production artwork before it goes live tomorrow. Here it is!
You missed the swoosh ~
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 3K UGS 3MM
Originally Posted by JOSECONLSCREW28

Dont count on it. Old UA is never coming back neither is the tulip. This is a new United.
Thats an understatement!
iluv2fly and uastarflyer like this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Good news! I've managed to grab some of the production artwork before it goes live tomorrow. Here it is! Looks like they decided to take some cues from Alaska and Hawaiian.

All joking aside, I do think the livery will look similar to that, especially the typeface
Icydubloon likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Bunky
738: New livery update:
N37267 exited AMA paint 2691/23Apr, arrived ORD 2:55am.
I don't see any photos or updates on websites. Arrival at ORD at 3am was probably straight to the hanger.
Would of thought they would of unveiled new paint job on a widebody.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:44 pm
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by bhunt
Would of thought they would of unveiled new paint job on a widebody.
That is what I alluded to when I posted in the speculation thread.

24th is tomorrow, guess we'll see then @:-)
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:48 pm

Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:49 pm

How long before the person who took that is fired?
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat
Wow! Thanks for the inside scoop

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.