Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
I don't know the ORD lounges very well, but my suggestion would be in T2 across from gate F4.

https://hub.united.com/en-us/News/pr...ew-design.aspx
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jenkatt
Trying to figure out our layover at ORD. (Gone are the days of hubby's insane flying and knowing the ins and outs of CO and all the lounges).
We are redeeming the very last of our FF miles to fly business first from TPA-ORD-LHR. We have a layover for 4 hours in ORD. Question is which lounge should we/ could we use? We're flying business but also have passes from the UA credit card deal.
Thanks!
You can use any of the United Clubs. The one in Terminal 2 has been newly re-designed so might be worth to check it out.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, UA LT Plat, Mar LTT
We are redeeming the very last of our FF miles to fly business first from TPA-ORD-LHR. We have a layover for 4 hours in ORD. Question is which lounge should we/ could we use?
ORD - LHR will leave from either B or C concourse in T1. If it were me, I'd choose he closest UC to my outbound gate. I like both the one near B16 as well as C16.

Have fun!
Dave
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:21 am

The new one in T2.

It's a 10 minute walk to the C gate where you will be departing. Not bad at all.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:48 am

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Southwest A-List Preferred
Originally Posted by njcommodore
I don't know the ORD lounges very well, but my suggestion would be in T2 across from gate F4.

https://hub.united.com/en-us/News/pr...ew-design.aspx
This.

Stopped by this club for the first time yesterday and it's the best UC in the airport. My only (small) gripe would be how hot it was in there...lots of direct sunlight and it seemed the air conditioning was struggling to keep things cool. Beautiful space, though.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: BMI
I saw the new photos in today's press release. It sounds like that will be renovating more of the United Club lounges in the same manner.

They've got a USD50m budget, I wonder how many lounges they will update with that?

Jon

Check out my blog for news, reviews and frequent flyer tips http://www.flymeforfree.com
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:31 pm

We are redeeming the very last of our FF miles to fly business first from TPA-ORD-LHR. We have a layover for 4 hours in ORD. Question is which lounge should we/ could we use? We're flying business but also have passes from the UA credit card deal.
The most important thing that no one has picked up on yet:

If you are flying business to LHR, you will get into the clubs based on that. Do not waste your credit card passes needlessly.

I say, since you have 4 hours, spend most of your time in the new lounge in T2 and then move to a closer lounge once your departure time comes near.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by wcj1
I say, since you have 4 hours, spend most of your time in the new lounge in T2 and then move to a closer lounge once your departure time comes near.
+1

I checked out the new T2 club a week or so ago. Definitely the nicest of the four UCs at ORD.

jenkatt, if you go the the club in T2 make sure you use the air-side walkway between T2 and T1. Otherwise you will have to clear security again.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 6:24 pm

Or use the shuttle bus between T1 and T2. Cool view of planes if you have not done it before.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 4:01 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
Question

Originally Posted by cheltzel
+1

I checked out the new T2 club a week or so ago. Definitely the nicest of the four UCs at ORD.

jenkatt, if you go the the club in T2 make sure you use the air-side walkway between T2 and T1. Otherwise you will have to clear security again.
The new UC lounge in T2 got a favourable review in GT this week:
http://www.globaltravelerusa.com/uni...-improvements/
Any comments on showers? Are they by invitation only?
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExP, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
The new UC lounge in T2 got a favourable review in GT this week:
http://www.globaltravelerusa.com/uni...-improvements/
Any comments on showers? Are they by invitation only?
As others are saying, the new UC in T2 is great. Just made it in for the first time last week. It's nicer than any UC I've been to yet. I'd rate the one by B18 next, then B6, with the C concourse UC last. That last one is generally yucky, though it has some nice views of the planes if you sit down in the corner.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:07 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy BS, Hertz & Avis Pres
Originally Posted by ECOTONE
This.

Stopped by this club for the first time yesterday and it's the best UC in the airport. My only (small) gripe would be how hot it was in there...lots of direct sunlight and it seemed the air conditioning was struggling to keep things cool. Beautiful space, though.
Stopped by the T2 UC Saturday (1/19). Shades were universally pulled down which made it a little tough to enjoy the (limited) ramp views but the club was definitely not overly warm.

More generally, I agree with what others have said, this is absolutely the nicest domestic UC I've been in. And don't be dissuaded by the location - it is a quick shuttle from the "low" C gates and not a bad walk from the "low" B gates, all inside of security. If the "stairway dragon" at the shuttle from the C gates bothers you, just say you are going standby on an earlier flight from the F gates - worked fine for me after she tried to stop me as I was holding a boarding pass for a departure from gate B4.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 7:47 am

Programs: UA-1K, Hertz-Gold, Marriott-Gold, PC-Platinum, SPG
Definitely worth the walk to visit the UC in terminal 2 (across from F4)!
Old Sep 21, 2013, 8:28 am
Formerly known as UATexasFlyer

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Natl. Car Exec Elite, UA 1MM, *G
Originally Posted by monkeymagic
They've got a USD50m budget, I wonder how many lounges they will update with that?
Every one of them will get new stainless well for holding the plastic bottles of the complimentary McCormick's spirits and each club will get brand new Bud Lite tap handles that flash "Free Beer Here"

That will be about it.
Old Sep 21, 2013, 6:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, UA Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by ECOTONE
This.

I wish it had a shower as well...all hub clubs should have showers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.