Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 4, 2019, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is an archive thread, the active thread is Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD
Print Wikipost

Discussion of the United Clubs at ORD {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by GSBEWR
I like that the new B6 club has a Coke Freestyle machine (the one with every kind of Coke product and then some), just like the B18 club.

Does anyone know what other clubs have one? I would love to see one in every club.
Afaik none of the other clubs have them yet...
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Did they add a shower?
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
Did they add a shower?
No showers. Pretty sure they'll eventually only be available in Polaris or arrival lounges.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 12:30 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
I'm afraid you're probably out of luck unless you trudge over to F; the posted "release" date for one time passes is 12/1 IIRC, and although reopening B6 will relieve a lot of stress, since the C club and former GF lounge (soon to be a Polaris lounge) are both undergoing renovations, United isn't playing with a full deck in ORD quite yet.
This is a reasonable assertion, but it is worth noting that the restrictions on the lounge locator changed overnight and are no longer indicated.

Has anyone noticed if the signs about the one-time passes at the lounge are still up?

Parents flying through ORD Fri AM and would be helpful to know for sure.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:26 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pat Plus
Afaik none of the other clubs have them yet...
The other B club (B16?) has one as does the new club at SFO.
One of the other SFO clubs has a old-style self-serve Coke machine

Either way I hope the trend continues -- I always feel weird having to bug the bartender for a Coke, tip, chug, repeat -- and when I'm low on singles I feel even more awkward
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iluv2fly
Soft opening today (at least that's what I was told by the UC managers greeting me).

Beautiful club. Very spacious. Double the size of the former club. Took over the airspace at the TSA checkpoint going to Terminal 2.

Installed windows so you can see the lobby.

Coke free-style - two locations. Two food locations.

Huge bar at end of club.

New - and improved - bathrooms.

New furniture.

Big ^
A shame they got rid of the red marble and ashtrays in the bathroom -- so old school. Reminded me of the whole club years ago.

Just a personal preference...

Overall, the new club looks great.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:35 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
A shame they got rid of the red marble and ashtrays in the bathroom -- so old school. Reminded me of the whole club years ago.

Actually, can someone please tell me that the restrooms have been enlarged? While as a whole the old B6 club was worn, the tiny bathrooms (at least the men's room) were horrible -- Only place I've seen a line form in for a restroom in a club.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Actually, can someone please tell me that the restrooms have been enlarged? While as a whole the old B6 club was worn, the tiny bathrooms (at least the men's room) were horrible -- Only place I've seen a line form in for a restroom in a club.
I would say it was enlarged about 40 percent.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Any plastic bag covered urinals? I spotted one in C18 on Monday.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
This is a reasonable assertion, but it is worth noting that the restrictions on the lounge locator changed overnight and are no longer indicated.

Has anyone noticed if the signs about the one-time passes at the lounge are still up?

Parents flying through ORD Fri AM and would be helpful to know for sure.
I will be back through tomorrow afternoon. If no one has determined by then, I will ask about the status of one-time passes.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX

Yup, and those 'RESTROOMS' signs in the old style.

SNA club is still a stuck in time club.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by goodeats21
I will be back through tomorrow afternoon. If no one has determined by then, I will ask about the status of one-time passes.
Yes, please do report back. I have a fight out of T1 next week. Thanks.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Departing from B17 in GF tomorrow and am planning to not make the trek to the plywood GF section in C18 and will check this out instead.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by sleepro
Yes, please do report back. I have a fight out of T1 next week. Thanks.
Per the agent working the door at the new B6 club, they are now accepting 1 time passes.
My guess is they will still restrict them as needed if the club gets full.

Still have some opening glitches. For some reason, they cannot use the bar, so they set up a temporary one at one of the counters.

Added: found a menu at the closed bar space. Took some pics for those interested.

Also took a pic of poorly thought out circulation issues at the food service area. I am in a related field, so a bit of a pet peeve. Locating the glasses for the freestyle machine 8 feet away just leads to congestion and confusion. They don't belong under a food counter of carrots and celery. 50% of the guests are using the paper coffee cups that are closer. <shrug>
Attached Images     

Last edited by goodeats21; Oct 20, 2016 at 11:47 am
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by goodeats21
Per the agent working the door at the new B6 club, they are now accepting 1 time passes.
My guess is they will still restrict them as needed if the club gets full.

Still have some opening glitches. For some reason, they cannot use the bar, so they set up a temporary one at one of the counters.

Added: found a menu at the closed bar space. Took some pics for those interested.

Also took a pic of poorly thought out circulation issues at the food service area. I am in a related field, so a bit of a pet peeve. Locating the glasses for the freestyle machine 8 feet away just leads to congestion and confusion. They don't belong under a food counter of carrots and celery. 50% of the guests are using the paper coffee cups that are closer. <shrug>
$6 a glass for Duckhorn Merlot is a nice deal as an addon to buying food.

The other choices, meh, but it's about half what airport bars charge for middle shelf wine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.