Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Available type of First class seats for EWR-PBI?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Available type of First class seats for EWR-PBI?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 10:57 am

Location: Port St Lucie, FL, UA1K since 1994 and 3mm, Delta 1mm
Programs: Marriott Titanium Life, Hilton Gold
Increasingly fly on the PBI/EWR run instead of MCO. Have never seen a 757-2. Extremely hard to get an Upgrade even with an RPU. Buy ups are king here. FC is nothing special.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: UA 1K/*G, Avis Pres, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by findark
As you noted there are sometimes 752s to Florida... MCO and maybe FLL? Never seen PBI though.
MCO is a maintenance base for the 752's, so you see them rotate through MCO quite often. In fact, there's usually one or two almost every day.

I've also caught them to TPA - not sure about FLL or PBI though, but I think the Florida routes tend to get the 752's as they're great "fillers" between international segments. Fairly short, busy routes and a great way to keep the fleet utilization up.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
Yeah, they fly then EWR-Florida and back when it fits their downtime between TATL routes. MCO has the mx base, but a lot of them do straight turns or just RON in Florida so theoretically they could go anywhere.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: United Global Services, Amtrak Select Executive
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
My parents often fly between EWR and PBI on UA and more than once have caught an int'l configured 757 on that route, so it's not "no" chance, but it's very unlikely.
About five years ago I flew an int'l 757-200 EWR-PBI with lie-flat seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.