Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Married segments control for upgrade space?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Married segments control for upgrade space?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: United GS/2MM, DL*P, VS*G, AA*EXP, Avis CHM, Hertz Platinum, Sixt*D, HH*D, HGP*P, Starwood*P
Originally Posted by findark
This. I don't know what would happen if you applied a GS RPU online though.
That was exactly what I did in similar situations. No dice.

Originally Posted by gokeeper
Thanks, so another UA.com bug.
Well, not really. The phone agents see the same space when they search from origin to destination, and are befuddled, but have not been able to do anything with it.

Originally Posted by Kleinnaf
Just looked at it again, I was talking about the opposite scenario where the married segment is what "block" the PN space.
You're right my apologies
Exactly, in the situation you were thinking of, you're 100% correct. This is the opposite (and is much rarer).

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Mar 3, 2019 at 2:07 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member
Old Mar 9, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by stevenshev
The phone agents see the same space when they search from origin to destination, and are befuddled, but have not been able to do anything with it.
Had a reservation in Q, PN5/PZ5 showing since yesterday evening and throughout today. Nothing happened.
Gave 1K desk a call. Agent (marvellous Julie!) tried multiple things but couldn't get it to clear, and she was adament it should.
She reached out to a supervisor, who concurred, and they were able to clear me into Polaris.

This has been happening to me since the R->PZ change. Educated guessclusion is that not all logic has been updated to reference PZ instead of R, thus causing married-segments logic to be applied as it should be to regular buckets because of fare rules.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by jupper
Had a reservation in Q, PN5/PZ5 showing since yesterday evening and throughout today. Nothing happened.
Gave 1K desk a call. Agent (marvellous Julie!) tried multiple things but couldn't get it to clear, and she was adament it should.
She reached out to a supervisor, who concurred, and they were able to clear me into Polaris.

This has been happening to me since the R->PZ change. Educated guessclusion is that not all logic has been updated to reference PZ instead of R, thus causing married-segments logic to be applied as it should be to regular buckets because of fare rules.
Next time just ask the agent to remove your GPU and reapply it. Will clear instarins
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:55 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott LT Au, Hilton C, IHG PtA
Originally Posted by Kleinnaf
Next time just ask the agent to remove your GPU and reapply it. Will clear instarins
She tried that too, did not work on my reservation...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.