Community
Wiki Posts
Search

amusing Seattle P-I article on GS

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2019, 8:56 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
Any chance the Boston-based GS is @wxguy?

-RM
It is reasonably accurate!

I know at least ten BOS-based GSs who it could be. I wonder how many BOS-based there are? Perhaps a few hundred?
RobOnLI likes this.

Last edited by wxguy; Feb 22, 2019 at 10:15 am
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
A 1K in the 90s probably had better experiences than a GS today. I sure did. No fancy check-in areas, nor car services, but service, especially IRROPS, was top notch.
enviroian and Plane-is-home like this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
It's not exactly assuring that UA defaults to assuming the flight will be canceled .
Old Feb 22, 2019, 10:27 am
LIH

Programs: UA GS 1.6MM UC | AA CK 0.7MM AC | Bonvoy Ambassador | Hyatt Globalist | Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
A 1K in the 90s probably had better experiences than a GS today. I sure did. No fancy check-in areas, nor car services, but service, especially IRROPS, was top notch.
Maybe a higher "average" experience but there is no chance that the "best" GS experience was better for a 1K in the 90s. I've had my fare class changed to full fare J or F more often than I should admit just so a GS agent could do whatever it is would help me the most but the computer wouldn't let them do.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 11:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by maxinkuckee04
passengers with disabilities and active military members board before GS.

Not saying that it is the right or wrong way of doing things, but the article says GS boards first, which is not factually correct.
Well if you are going to be that picky, you forgot to also mention the crew.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LIH
Maybe a higher "average" experience but there is no chance that the "best" GS experience was better for a 1K in the 90s. I've had my fare class changed to full fare J or F more often than I should admit just so a GS agent could do whatever it is would help me the most but the computer wouldn't let them do.
The computer "let them do" pretty much anything back then, at least those proficient on native Apollo. There were times I was booked on 3 different flights for "protection." The 1K rooms were fantastic. (Well, 5 out of 6 of them.)
LAX-1K likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
The article also says that the agents with the yellow scarves are only for GS
enviroian likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by eng3
yellow scarves
Or their other part time gig is flying for spirit
Old Feb 22, 2019, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Amusing article being new GS. Not sure I like the fact that most benefits are "not published". Haven't experienced the IRROPs assistance yet. Have had really only 1 CPU this year. So far my biggest benefit has been that I see my instruments clearing easier now as GS over 1K. I have a family member that has had GS for 4 years and he said that over all the quality of the program has declined. He does like the IRROP assistance, has had the tarmac limo ride, but has not had a single CPU this year (also out of SFO) but he has been admittedly stingy using his 20+ instruments. Dispute my telling him to use one of his many RPUs last week he did an SFO-ORD run and didn't clear as #1 on the list. Let's face it UA is in the business to make money and will sell F until they can't, doesn't matter if a GS doesn't get a CPU. It is what it is.....
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nomad420
Let's face it UA is in the business to make money and will sell F until they can't, doesn't matter if a GS doesn't get a CPU. It is what it is.....
And as a follow-up to my earlier comments, my SFO domestic upgrade rate was in the 90%+ category for my 1K tenure.
Old Feb 22, 2019, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA MM Plat, UA 1MM, Hilton Lifetime Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold, CLEAR, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
And as a follow-up to my earlier comments, my SFO domestic upgrade rate was in the 90%+ category for my 1K tenure.
Amazing stat and out of SFO! I and many other 1Ks that I know have nothing near that. Obviously it is about WHEN and WHERE you are going. I think last year as 1K you could count the CPUs on one hand and my instrument failure rate is "legendary" here....LOL
Old Feb 25, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by nomad420
Amazing stat and out of SFO! I and many other 1Ks that I know have nothing near that. Obviously it is about WHEN and WHERE you are going. I think last year as 1K you could count the CPUs on one hand and my instrument failure rate is "legendary" here....LOL
I would find that hard to believe on something like SFO-PHL but on I think 90%+ is possible if it is all shorter routes. Especially if on full fare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.