FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   United Airlines | MileagePlus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus-681/)
-   -   Have you been to every United Club? How many have you been to? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1957506-have-you-been-every-united-club-how-many-have-you-been.html)

worldwidedreamer Feb 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Have you been to every United Club? How many have you been to?

So I'm at year eighteen as a lifetime United Club member. So far I've made it to many, but not all, of the lounges.

Now not all of them still exist, but think it would be fun to see how long it takes to visit all existing locations.

Have you visited every United Lounge location?

Locations I have not yet visited include:
*Polaris*
All
*United Club*
FLL (might have visited that one)
GUM
LHR
LGA
SNA
MCO

EWRFlyerAL Feb 22, 2019 1:08 am

I've been to all of the Polaris lounges and all United Clubs except for DCA, GUM, MEX, and SNA.

narvik Feb 22, 2019 5:40 am

You have two new ones to look forward too as well: MSY and RDU.

thejaredhuang Feb 22, 2019 11:58 am

SNA is cozy, GUM has really good food IMO, LHR is world class.

tvhead Feb 22, 2019 12:20 pm

I remember GUM from about 3 years ago as quite small, don't recall the food. I really like the NRT club, and agree that LHR is exceptional. HNL is perhaps the most beautiful, with 'Hawaiian Provincial' decor.

EWR764 Feb 22, 2019 12:39 pm

I haven't visited:

GUM
MEX
MSP
New FLL

As for Polaris Lounges, I haven't made it to LAX yet, though that will change shortly.

Xyzzy Feb 22, 2019 1:07 pm

I've never thought about this - I've been to every UA club except the new FLL one. But I have been t:) the old one. I've been to the ORD, EWR, and IAH Polaris clubs. LAX is coming soon...

8MiHi Feb 22, 2019 1:49 pm

I am surprised at the length of the list of those I have not been in:
AUS, DFW, MEX, MSP, LGA, PHL, PDX and IAD - MSP, DFW, IAD and PDX due to timing, LGA and PHL due to proximity to EWR

But I have been in two that are no more: JFK and LGW (President's Club)

My favorite is DCA

No Polaris for me yet

rittenhousesq Feb 22, 2019 2:41 pm

My flying patterns tend to involve flying between the same city pairs a lot, so my list is actually pretty long, although there are some I doubt I'll visit due to their location relative to PHL and EWR.
SNA, FLL, AUS, SAT, LGA (unlikely to visit), GUM, CLE, HNL, MEX, PHX, DCA (unlikely to ever visit).
Some of these airports I've flown out of many times before (SNA is a good example) but prior to my United Club membership.
I've only been to the ORD Polaris lounge so far.

cricketer Feb 22, 2019 3:02 pm

Remarkably, considering I was only an RCC member for 2 years a decade ago, I believe that I've been to all except FLL, GUM, HNL, and MEX. Polaris I've only done ORD and SFO. Plus most of the old 1K rooms from back in the day - SFO, LAX, ORD, IAD, SEA for sure. DEN might be the exception.

nomad420 Feb 22, 2019 3:06 pm

Long time member going well back to the RCC days as well. I have been to all domestic clubs and many international but not all. Haven't been to GUM for example. Had to add I haven't been to FLL either.

Xyzzy Feb 22, 2019 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by 8MiHi (Post 30810690)
But I have been in two that are no more: JFK and LGW (President's Club)

I've been to those two as well ... are there others that n:eek: longer exist?

rittenhousesq Feb 22, 2019 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Xyzzy (Post 30810997)
I've been to those two as well ... are there others that n:eek: longer exist?

BWI comes to mind

zoned_post_meridiem Feb 22, 2019 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by 8MiHi (Post 30810690)
I am surprised at the length of the list of those I have not been in:
AUS, DFW, MEX, MSP, LGA, PHL, PDX and IAD - MSP, DFW, IAD and PDX due to timing, LGA and PHL due to proximity to EWR

Sadly, some of these, like MSP, will be more difficult to visit once the new changes (same-day United/partner flight required for access) are in effect.

jonisflying Feb 22, 2019 4:10 pm

Here are mine...
ATL
AUS
BOS
ORD - Yes (all)
ORD Polaris - Yes
CLE - Yes
DFW - Yes
DEN - Yes (both)
FLL
GUM