Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is the archive thread. The active thread is Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass

Chase in conjunction with UA, as a renewal benefit for certain UA MP-branded Chase credit cards, offer one-time United Club (UC) access passes. {Hyatt also offers similar passes for their top elites.} These passes offer one-time access to the UC (with any airline same day BP) on a space-available basis. No guest privileges. The pass is only for UA operated clubs, cannot be used at non-UA operated lounges.

Note: Due to UC renovations and/or Polaris lounge construction, club capacity at most domestic UA hubs is constricted. Leading to some access restrictions for one-time passes -- especially at peak times.
One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all ORD club location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.
At the EWR clubs in the C concourse, one-time passes are not being accepted when the clubs are approaching capacity.
For SFO, there is no access near the G / international gates for one-time passes. They are being re-directed to the E/F gate UCs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need the actual paper one-time pass?
Technically, no. All you need is a picture/scan of the pass number and bar code on the back of the day pass. The lounge agent will manually type in the number or ask you to scan the barcode on the scanner. UA states
A valid mobile or paper United Club one-time pass and boarding pass for same-day travel OR
A valid 15-digit one-time pass number and boarding pass for same-day travel
Can I upload/store the one-time pass in the United app?
Sadly, you cannot upload/store paper passes in the United app. However, as of Summer 2017, all new passes issued by the Chase United Explorer card are now loaded directly into the United app.

Can I use these one-time passes at partner/contract/*A lounges?
No. These one-time passes are only used at actual United Club lounges world-wide. Any lounge identified on this page as being operated by "United Club" are eligible for use with one-time passes.

How many people can enter the United Club with one-time access pass?
One person per pass. Exception - UC policy is all children under 2 are not considered a formal guest.
A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. Exception: children under 2 years of age may accompany someone accessing a United Club location with a one-time pass.
Can I use one-time pass at multiple United Clubs on the same day?
No. You must surrender your day pass upon entering the club. If you plan to visit multiple United Clubs on the same day, you will need multiple day passes. Some clubs will allow re-entry and/or use of other UA Clubs at same airport -- inquire at the entry desk (it typically involves a stamp on your boarding pass). However, no way to use the same pass at a different airports.

Is a boarding pass required to use a one-time pass at a United Club?
Yes, a same-day boarding pass is required. It can be with any airline until Nov 1, 2019. "Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance™ or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations."

Are in/out privileges allowed when using the one-time pass?
Technically, no. However, it is not out of the realm of possibilty if you ask the lounge attendant. YMMV, though.

Are minors allowed?
Yes, as long as they are accompanied by another person 21 or older. Remember, one day pass per person (lap child excluded).

Can I be denied entry into the United Club?
Yes. If an United Club is at-capacity, it will no longer sell day passes. It will also deny entry to those with one-time passes initially and other eligible travelers ( UC member, *G, premier cabin,...) could be delayed on entering once capacity reaches local limits.

Are expired one-time passes still usable?
Expired one-time passes can be used for a $25 admission fee, up to 30 days after the expiration date.

Can I give my pass to a family member or friend? How?
Yes. You can provide the physical pass to them. You may also provide them with the pdf version of the pass that Chase sends when your card renews, which they can print or scan from their phone. Finally, you can take a screenshot of the pass in the United App and email/message that to your family member. The pass will remain in your United App until it is used by someone else at a club, so it remains available for your use (unlike a physical pass).

I see these passes available for sell on eBay/Craigslist, ...? Are they valid? Is this safe?
It should be noted UA frowns on the third party trading, selling, or bartering of their coupons. As with any transaction of this type, it's always buyer beware; however, reports of issues are very rare.
The current going rate on eBay is $20-30 each for passes with a lengthy expiration date. Passes that expire in a few weeks can be had in the $10-15 range, sometimes even less as the expiration date creeps closer.

I cancelled my Chase United Explorer card. Are my passes still valid?
No. When you cancel your card, any unused one-time passes will be forfeited from your account--even if you printed out the barcode from the United app for later use. The time between card cancellation to pass invalidation is unknown; however, it is suggested that the passes aren't invalid until they disappear from your UA app. This is now an additional risk one needs to be wary about when buying one-time pass barcodes from eBay/Craigslist.

Entry is also available for $59 (as of 02/2016) at the UC itself or by purchasing within the United mobile app.
Print Wikipost

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 6:23 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by travelsg
....Have a trip coming with transit in LAX .... But not sure how easy it is to go between AA's ternimal (T4) and UA's terminal (T6-8??). Are they connected after security?
no
Old May 13, 2012, 9:53 am

United Club one time pass - can kids go in free with parent?

I have this one time pass to use the United Club. It said "the pass grants one person one time access to United Club". But what about kids? Can kids go in free with the pass-carrying parent? If yes, Is there a limit on how many kids?

The pass said "you must be 21 yr of age or older to redeem". So kids can't get their own pass. Hence the question. Thank you for your wisdom.
Old May 13, 2012, 9:57 am
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.99MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
based on the reports of others -- 2 and up need their own pass.

The age 21 refers to unaccompanied children -- no one under 21 can enter the club unless accompanied by an individual 21 or older. (the parents redeem the pass for the childern)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...time-pass.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ents-club.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...ng-minors.html
Old May 13, 2012, 12:07 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
oh, well.... it's LAX. what else to expect... but thanks for the info nonetheless
Old May 13, 2012, 12:37 pm

Programs: No Loyalty to any airline
I agree; IME, the child needs their own pass, and must enter with a parent, who also has their own pass. Each day pass is good for only one person.
Old May 13, 2012, 12:39 pm

Last month they did require a separate pass for my 10 year old.
Old May 13, 2012, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travelsg
Thanks for the reply.. on 1 alone, UA pass seems to be more flexible than AA.

Have a trip coming with transit in LAX. maybe I can find some use for this pass, despite flying on AA. But not sure how easy it is to go between AA's ternimal (T4) and UA's terminal (T6-8??). Are they connected after security?
Connected terminals is one of the things LAX lacks.
Old May 13, 2012, 7:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
On the passes it says you must be 21 to enter the club with the pass. I am 21 but my friend traveling with me is not. When presenting the pass to the workers at the desk, do they actually ask for your ID to check to see if you're 21?
Old May 13, 2012, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mrosskam
On the passes it says you must be 21 to enter the club with the pass. I am 21 but my friend traveling with me is not. When presenting the pass to the workers at the desk, do they actually ask for your ID to check to see if you're 21?
They havent checked my ID when I have used UC passes before, they just asked me for a BP, but YMMV. I would assume that they would card you based on the fact that the UC has an open bar (free drinks) I guess if your friend is with you he should be able to come in, also what the lounge dragons might do is tell the bartender that your friend is not of legal drinking age yet.
Old May 13, 2012, 8:24 pm

Thanks for the info everyone. I did eventually get an email back from United on the question (35 days after my original email). The response was yes they minor needs their own pass.
Old May 13, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
So even though United Club members and United First and Bussiness class passengers flying out of PEK Beijing Capital can use the Air China Lounge, they won't allow united economy passengers allowed in by using the Chase One-Time Pass we received with the credit card?
Old May 13, 2012, 11:19 pm

Programs: UA G
Originally Posted by mrosskam
So even though United Club members and United First and Bussiness class passengers flying out of PEK Beijing Capital can use the Air China Lounge, they won't allow united economy passengers allowed in by using the Chase One-Time Pass we received with the credit card?
That's correct. The passes are only valid at United-operated lounges; the lounges in the cities you listed are operated by partners.
Old May 13, 2012, 11:35 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Just to lighten up your day a little bit.. these passes can be used even if you are not flying UA (just learnt by asking in this forum lately), at United Club of course as suggested by others. Hope it helps..
Old May 14, 2012, 5:59 pm

Programs: AA PLT 2.7 MM, DL GLD, UA Prem, BW Diamond, PC PLT, HH Diamond
United club pass are they good all day or just for one club?

Are United club passes good all day the day they are redeemed or are they good for just one club period. If they are good for the entire day of travel, how does the second/third club know you have redeemed one?
Old May 14, 2012, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by shadesofgrey1x
Are United club passes good all day the day they are redeemed or are they good for just one club period. If they are good for the entire day of travel, how does the second/third club know you have redeemed one?
Depends on the one you buy/get.

Most are the one-shot deals. Only the ones you buy at the club are all-day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.