Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is the archive thread. The active thread is Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass

Chase in conjunction with UA, as a renewal benefit for certain UA MP-branded Chase credit cards, offer one-time United Club (UC) access passes. {Hyatt also offers similar passes for their top elites.} These passes offer one-time access to the UC (with any airline same day BP) on a space-available basis. No guest privileges. The pass is only for UA operated clubs, cannot be used at non-UA operated lounges.

Note: Due to UC renovations and/or Polaris lounge construction, club capacity at most domestic UA hubs is constricted. Leading to some access restrictions for one-time passes -- especially at peak times.
One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all ORD club location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.
At the EWR clubs in the C concourse, one-time passes are not being accepted when the clubs are approaching capacity.
For SFO, there is no access near the G / international gates for one-time passes. They are being re-directed to the E/F gate UCs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need the actual paper one-time pass?
Technically, no. All you need is a picture/scan of the pass number and bar code on the back of the day pass. The lounge agent will manually type in the number or ask you to scan the barcode on the scanner. UA states
A valid mobile or paper United Club one-time pass and boarding pass for same-day travel OR
A valid 15-digit one-time pass number and boarding pass for same-day travel
Can I upload/store the one-time pass in the United app?
Sadly, you cannot upload/store paper passes in the United app. However, as of Summer 2017, all new passes issued by the Chase United Explorer card are now loaded directly into the United app.

Can I use these one-time passes at partner/contract/*A lounges?
No. These one-time passes are only used at actual United Club lounges world-wide. Any lounge identified on this page as being operated by "United Club" are eligible for use with one-time passes.

How many people can enter the United Club with one-time access pass?
One person per pass. Exception - UC policy is all children under 2 are not considered a formal guest.
A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. Exception: children under 2 years of age may accompany someone accessing a United Club location with a one-time pass.
Can I use one-time pass at multiple United Clubs on the same day?
No. You must surrender your day pass upon entering the club. If you plan to visit multiple United Clubs on the same day, you will need multiple day passes. Some clubs will allow re-entry and/or use of other UA Clubs at same airport -- inquire at the entry desk (it typically involves a stamp on your boarding pass). However, no way to use the same pass at a different airports.

Is a boarding pass required to use a one-time pass at a United Club?
Yes, a same-day boarding pass is required. It can be with any airline until Nov 1, 2019. "Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance™ or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations."

Are in/out privileges allowed when using the one-time pass?
Technically, no. However, it is not out of the realm of possibilty if you ask the lounge attendant. YMMV, though.

Are minors allowed?
Yes, as long as they are accompanied by another person 21 or older. Remember, one day pass per person (lap child excluded).

Can I be denied entry into the United Club?
Yes. If an United Club is at-capacity, it will no longer sell day passes. It will also deny entry to those with one-time passes initially and other eligible travelers ( UC member, *G, premier cabin,...) could be delayed on entering once capacity reaches local limits.

Are expired one-time passes still usable?
Expired one-time passes can be used for a $25 admission fee, up to 30 days after the expiration date.

Can I give my pass to a family member or friend? How?
Yes. You can provide the physical pass to them. You may also provide them with the pdf version of the pass that Chase sends when your card renews, which they can print or scan from their phone. Finally, you can take a screenshot of the pass in the United App and email/message that to your family member. The pass will remain in your United App until it is used by someone else at a club, so it remains available for your use (unlike a physical pass).

I see these passes available for sell on eBay/Craigslist, ...? Are they valid? Is this safe?
It should be noted UA frowns on the third party trading, selling, or bartering of their coupons. As with any transaction of this type, it's always buyer beware; however, reports of issues are very rare.
The current going rate on eBay is $20-30 each for passes with a lengthy expiration date. Passes that expire in a few weeks can be had in the $10-15 range, sometimes even less as the expiration date creeps closer.

I cancelled my Chase United Explorer card. Are my passes still valid?
No. When you cancel your card, any unused one-time passes will be forfeited from your account--even if you printed out the barcode from the United app for later use. The time between card cancellation to pass invalidation is unknown; however, it is suggested that the passes aren't invalid until they disappear from your UA app. This is now an additional risk one needs to be wary about when buying one-time pass barcodes from eBay/Craigslist.

Entry is also available for $59 (as of 02/2016) at the UC itself or by purchasing within the United mobile app.
Print Wikipost

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2012, 7:09 am

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by aacharya
Depends on the one you buy/get.

Most are the one-shot deals. Only the ones you buy at the club are all-day.
Not according to the website:

United Club one-time passes are available for purchase for $50 at club locations. This pass will allow one person one-time access to any United Club location.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/con...e/default.aspx
Old May 22, 2012, 5:05 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by sushibear
[I]United Club one-time passes are available for purchase for $50 at club locations. This pass will allow one person one-time access to any United Club location.
The phrase "one-time access" indicates that you can only enter one lounge on the day of pass validity.
Old May 22, 2012, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL MM/FC/FO; UA PS; AA GLD
Originally Posted by 14940674
The phrase "one-time access" indicates that you can only enter one lounge on the day of pass validity.
Yep. Seems pretty clear to me. An agent at one of the IAH C clubs told me that they can call one of the other clubs and tell them to put your name on a list if there's a reason you need to be in another IAH club. Never tried it, though.
Old May 23, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Gold
Any discounts on the passes?

They use to sell the one day passes for $39 online but no more. Are there any discounts?
Old May 23, 2012, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA 1P-1MM, Marriott LT Titanium
No discount post 3/3.
Old May 24, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: AA Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold
Any way to tell if (old) United Club one time pass codes have been used?

I bought a few UC one time passes online when they were still available pre-3/3, and I can't remember which ones have been used and which ones have not. Is there any way to check? I tried calling the 1K line, and they referred me to United Club support, and the agent at that number was less than helpful ("we don't sell those anymore" and "if you can still print them out I'm sure they're valid" -- which is not all that enlightening since I have the e-mail confirmations from all of them).

Any ideas?
Old May 29, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by unavaca
That's correct. The passes are only valid at United-operated lounges; the lounges in the cities you listed are operated by partners.
Does anyone know if you can buy one-day passes at the air china lounge in beijing?
Old May 29, 2012, 1:42 am

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Originally Posted by mrosskam
Does anyone know if you can buy one-day passes at the air china lounge in beijing?
There is a SEPERATE lounge that sells day passes. Just not the AIR CHINA lounges
Old May 29, 2012, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by mrosskam
So even though United Club members and United First and Bussiness class passengers flying out of PEK Beijing Capital can use the Air China Lounge, they won't allow united economy passengers allowed in by using the Chase One-Time Pass we received with the credit card?
One-Time Pass is always a no-no. But if you are a *G, you can still use the lounge even in Y.
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: All of them...
United Club Pass questions

I have some United Club Passes from Continental OnePass Plus Credit Card. Is this a 1-time or 1-day pass? I'm traveling from NYC to IAD and transferring to another flight, can I use it in both places or only once?

And as I have canceled the OnePass Plus card will there be a problem? Do they ask to see the card when using the pass? The credit card was my mother's and I'm traveling alone.

Thanks
Old Jun 2, 2012, 9:21 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by chff
I have some United Club Passes from Continental OnePass Plus Credit Card. Is this a 1-time or 1-day pass? ...
1-time

Originally Posted by chff
And as I have canceled the OnePass Plus card will there be a problem? Do they ask to see the card when using the pass? The credit card was my mother's and I'm traveling alone. ...
you should be OK, anyone can use the pass
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:01 am

United Club day pass

Hello all,

I have a united club day pass that I received as part of the sign up for united mileage plus card from Chase. I have a flight coming up from IAD-BOM with a layover of about 5 hours in FRA. Is it possible for me to use the Tower Lounge with the club pass? Or is it that just United facilities are accessible with the club pass and not the partner's? Also, can I give this pass to someone else to use?

Thanks.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Mile Nobody, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Most of the passes I've seen are for clubs in the US only.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH Gold, Mariott Gold
Originally Posted by vakilp
Hello all,

I have a united club day pass that I received as part of the sign up for united mileage plus card from Chase. I have a flight coming up from IAD-BOM with a layover of about 5 hours in FRA. Is it possible for me to use the Tower Lounge with the club pass? Or is it that just United facilities are accessible with the club pass and not the partner's? Also, can I give this pass to someone else to use?

Thanks.
First, it is NOT a day pass, it is a one time pass. You hand it over, it gone (no downline admissions, or lounge hopping).

Second, it can only be used to enter a United Club (no partnet lounges, or *A lounges)

Finally, it is a bearer instrument, so give it to anyone you choose.

Originally Posted by flyinbob
Most of the passes I've seen are for clubs in the US only.
The Chase ones say:

This pass is valid for entry at any United Club location worldwide

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jul 3, 2012 at 8:49 am Reason: merge
Old Jul 3, 2012, 8:15 am

Programs: All of them...
Originally Posted by jhayes_1780
The Chase ones say:

This pass is valid for entry at any United Club location worldwide
If you find a United Club Worldwide you can use it, but there just ain't any.......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.