Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 16, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
This is the archive thread. The active thread is Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass

Chase in conjunction with UA, as a renewal benefit for certain UA MP-branded Chase credit cards, offer one-time United Club (UC) access passes. {Hyatt also offers similar passes for their top elites.} These passes offer one-time access to the UC (with any airline same day BP) on a space-available basis. No guest privileges. The pass is only for UA operated clubs, cannot be used at non-UA operated lounges.

Note: Due to UC renovations and/or Polaris lounge construction, club capacity at most domestic UA hubs is constricted. Leading to some access restrictions for one-time passes -- especially at peak times.
One-Time Passes can now be redeemed at all ORD club location within capacity constraints. Customers are encouraged to use the clubs in B and F concourses as the C concourse club is currently under partial construction, with limited space.
At the EWR clubs in the C concourse, one-time passes are not being accepted when the clubs are approaching capacity.
For SFO, there is no access near the G / international gates for one-time passes. They are being re-directed to the E/F gate UCs.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need the actual paper one-time pass?
Technically, no. All you need is a picture/scan of the pass number and bar code on the back of the day pass. The lounge agent will manually type in the number or ask you to scan the barcode on the scanner. UA states
A valid mobile or paper United Club one-time pass and boarding pass for same-day travel OR
A valid 15-digit one-time pass number and boarding pass for same-day travel
Can I upload/store the one-time pass in the United app?
Sadly, you cannot upload/store paper passes in the United app. However, as of Summer 2017, all new passes issued by the Chase United Explorer card are now loaded directly into the United app.

Can I use these one-time passes at partner/contract/*A lounges?
No. These one-time passes are only used at actual United Club lounges world-wide. Any lounge identified on this page as being operated by "United Club" are eligible for use with one-time passes.

How many people can enter the United Club with one-time access pass?
One person per pass. Exception - UC policy is all children under 2 are not considered a formal guest.
A one-time pass admits one person, with no guests, to a United Club location. Exception: children under 2 years of age may accompany someone accessing a United Club location with a one-time pass.
Can I use one-time pass at multiple United Clubs on the same day?
No. You must surrender your day pass upon entering the club. If you plan to visit multiple United Clubs on the same day, you will need multiple day passes. Some clubs will allow re-entry and/or use of other UA Clubs at same airport -- inquire at the entry desk (it typically involves a stamp on your boarding pass). However, no way to use the same pass at a different airports.

Is a boarding pass required to use a one-time pass at a United Club?
Yes, a same-day boarding pass is required. It can be with any airline until Nov 1, 2019. "Effective November 1, 2019, United Club customers, including members and their guests, and one-time pass holders will need to provide a same-day boarding pass for travel on United, Star Alliance™ or a contracted partner for entry into all United Club locations."

Are in/out privileges allowed when using the one-time pass?
Technically, no. However, it is not out of the realm of possibilty if you ask the lounge attendant. YMMV, though.

Are minors allowed?
Yes, as long as they are accompanied by another person 21 or older. Remember, one day pass per person (lap child excluded).

Can I be denied entry into the United Club?
Yes. If an United Club is at-capacity, it will no longer sell day passes. It will also deny entry to those with one-time passes initially and other eligible travelers ( UC member, *G, premier cabin,...) could be delayed on entering once capacity reaches local limits.

Are expired one-time passes still usable?
Expired one-time passes can be used for a $25 admission fee, up to 30 days after the expiration date.

Can I give my pass to a family member or friend? How?
Yes. You can provide the physical pass to them. You may also provide them with the pdf version of the pass that Chase sends when your card renews, which they can print or scan from their phone. Finally, you can take a screenshot of the pass in the United App and email/message that to your family member. The pass will remain in your United App until it is used by someone else at a club, so it remains available for your use (unlike a physical pass).

I see these passes available for sell on eBay/Craigslist, ...? Are they valid? Is this safe?
It should be noted UA frowns on the third party trading, selling, or bartering of their coupons. As with any transaction of this type, it's always buyer beware; however, reports of issues are very rare.
The current going rate on eBay is $20-30 each for passes with a lengthy expiration date. Passes that expire in a few weeks can be had in the $10-15 range, sometimes even less as the expiration date creeps closer.

I cancelled my Chase United Explorer card. Are my passes still valid?
No. When you cancel your card, any unused one-time passes will be forfeited from your account--even if you printed out the barcode from the United app for later use. The time between card cancellation to pass invalidation is unknown; however, it is suggested that the passes aren't invalid until they disappear from your UA app. This is now an additional risk one needs to be wary about when buying one-time pass barcodes from eBay/Craigslist.

Entry is also available for $59 (as of 02/2016) at the UC itself or by purchasing within the United mobile app.
Print Wikipost

Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass {Archive}

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 6:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Nope. They are for UC's.

Last edited by Often1; Mar 18, 2012 at 6:02 am
Old Mar 17, 2012, 8:29 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Oh well, I figured as much. Thanks.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA/CO 1K, AA Gold, SPG PP, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Question: I'm flying on an award ticket soon, used United miles for tickets on Lufthansa. We've got a 6-hour layover in Frankfurt outbound. As best I can tell, United does not have a Club lounge in FRA, but LH has a couple. We have no status.
For a 6-hour layover, I'd figure something out, but LH doesn't sell lounge access.

If you happened to be in the market for a new credit card, you could sign up for an Amex Platinum which gives you membership in Priority Pass Prestige ($399/yr) and has 2 lounges in FRA Terminals 1 and 2D. Annual card fee is $450/year, but you get $200 back in airline fees (which you can get back for purchasing gift certificates), $100 reimbursement for Trusted Traveler, automatic elite status with Hertz, Avis, and National, automatic Starwood Gold Preferred, etc.

Relevant thread: Amex Plat special: 50K points if you spend $3k in first 90 days

The PP lounges are not as nice as LH and you still have to pay $27 per guest, but ... fwiw. Good luck.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:46 pm

United Club pass from chase: Any use at ICN, BKK, or PEK?

Got United club pass from chase. It's a onetime pass Will there be any use for it on a connecting flight thorugh ICN, BKK, or PEK? It says; 'Valid only in United Clubs. Excludes United arrivals lounge and united international first lounge".

Update 10/25/12:

Here's some FAQ's copy/pasted/modified from various posts in this thread.

Do I need to present my United credit cad with them or not? Or my united FF number?
-- No, just submit the pass at the counter and you are in.

I have two free lounge passes from the credit card. I will be traveling with an 11 year old, but read you have to be 21 to go into the club? Is that true or does one have to be with someone over 21?
--They can go in as long as accompanied by adult. The *may* be required to purchase a separate club pass.

What are the locations of United Clubs internationally:
--gru, sdq, pty, mex, gua, eze, gum, hkg, mel, nrt

Can you enter and leave a lounge as needed?
-Strictly speaking, its a one time pass that you hand over and you will lose priveledges to re-enter once you leave. However, somoe have been able to re-enter on same day after speaking w/ agent and seeing if the agent would let them return.

So I just applied for the MileagePlus Explorer card from Chase. One of the benefits it lists is two Club passes to the United Club lounges. Are these passes valid at Star Alliance business/first class lounges as well?
-- No. They are only valid at United Club locations.

Can you use other star alliance lounges?
--No.

I have two of these passes. I am traveling with my wife and two kids. Could I take my kids (4 and 8) in on these passes, or do they also need their own pass? Thanks
--Strictly speaking 1 pass per person. But YMMV depending on agent letting the kids in for free.

Can I purchase a day pass to the UA club without flying out on UA (or another alliance flight)?
--if you can get to the lounge, then yes

Last edited by webazoid; Oct 27, 2012 at 1:27 am Reason: updated list of lounges
Old May 8, 2012, 12:40 am

Unfortunately your passes will not be valid at those airports.
Old May 8, 2012, 2:54 am

Programs: United 1K
UA in BKK uses Thai Silk Lounge
Old May 8, 2012, 8:13 pm

United day pass question regarding minors..

I have some United Day passes that I was hoping to use. \However United never responded to my online inquiry. If I bring my child (age 6) to the club, will they also require a day pass or are minors free?

Thanks!
Old May 8, 2012, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
By the rules, they need a pass.

In practice, YMMV.
Old May 8, 2012, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
I received two United Club passes in the mail with my chase card. I have an upcoming trip to china that connects me in Toronto. Will I be able to use one of the passes at Air Canada's Maple Leaf Club in toronto. Also, in Beijing there is no United Club and so all United customers on first/business class ticket or who are United Club members are directed to the Air China Club, will I be able to use my United Club pass in the Air China Lounge in Beijing?
Old May 8, 2012, 9:44 pm
formerly RZachSmith

Originally Posted by mrosskam
I received two United Club passes in the mail with my chase card. I have an upcoming trip to china that connects me in Toronto. Will I be able to use one of the passes at Air Canada's Maple Leaf Club in toronto. Also, in Beijing there is no United Club and so all United customers on first/business class ticket or who are United Club members are directed to the Air China Club, will I be able to use my United Club pass in the Air China Lounge in Beijing?
I would not expect to be able to use the passes in anything other than an actual United Club
Old May 12, 2012, 5:45 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Questions Regarding the United Club one-time pass

just received two United Club one-time pass in the mail, and have two questions:

1. do you have to hold a UA BP to get access? (The T&C on back of the pass didn't mention it.)

2. there is a field for United Club guest name: ____. does that mean I can bring in a guest? or it means myself only?
Old May 12, 2012, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by travelsg
just received two United Club one-time pass in the mail, and have two questions:

1. do you have to hold a UA BP to get access? (The T&C on back of the pass didn't mention it.)

2. there is a field for United Club guest name: ____. does that mean I can bring in a guest? or it means myself only?
1) No, just as long as you are flying out, just arrived or connecting from somewhere that same day...
2) The pass is for one person only, and it does not have to be you. (You can give the pass as a gift to a friend, family member, etc.) The field is so that UA Club can put the name of the person who is using the pass.

Archive thread:

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 16, 2019 at 11:08 am
Old May 12, 2012, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by am1108
1) No, just as long as you are flying out, just arrived or connecting from somewhere that same day...
2) The pass is for one person only, and it does not have to be you. (You can give the pass as a gift to a friend, family member, etc.) The field is so that UA Club can put the name of the person who is using the pass.
Not quite correct for #1. Theoretically, you don't even have to be flying.
Old May 12, 2012, 6:09 pm

Programs: UA 2P, UC, Hertz 5*, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by aacharya
Not quite correct for #1. Theoretically, you don't even have to be flying.
Well, yeah... but you cant just go through security to go to the UA club on a one-time pass.

one noted exception: LGA - where the UA club is before security. Which I guess I just proved your point
Old May 12, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: ua S, marriott P, hilton G, ihg P
Thanks for the reply.. on 1 alone, UA pass seems to be more flexible than AA.

Have a trip coming with transit in LAX. maybe I can find some use for this pass, despite flying on AA. But not sure how easy it is to go between AA's ternimal (T4) and UA's terminal (T6-8??). Are they connected after security?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.