Mile Play Question with Cancelled Ticket

Old Feb 16, 2019, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Mile Play Question with Cancelled Ticket

Just got my Mile Play promotion that only requires me to book and complete a single trip by 3/10/2019.

I cancelled a non-refundable ticket a few weeks ago (L class I think) and was told I could apply the credit to a future reservation (minus the usual change fee). If I use this ticket to book a flight before the expiration date, will it trigger the Mile Play bonus? My original ticket was booked in early January (before Mile Play registration) so I'm not sure if my new ticket would be the same reservation number and thus would negate eligibility for the bonus.

Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Voldoo
Just got my Mile Play promotion that only requires me to book and complete a single trip by 3/10/2019.

I cancelled a non-refundable ticket a few weeks ago (L class I think) and was told I could apply the credit to a future reservation (minus the usual change fee). If I use this ticket to book a flight before the expiration date, will it trigger the Mile Play bonus? My original ticket was booked in early January (before Mile Play registration) so I'm not sure if my new ticket would be the same reservation number and thus would negate eligibility for the bonus.

Thanks in advance.
cant speak to mike play specifically. But your new ticket would indeed be new (I.e. new ticket number starting with 016), but your reservation number (6 character PNR) remains the same. In fact, the funds available are stored in that same PNR.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
Originally Posted by emcampbe
cant speak to mike play specifically. But your new ticket would indeed be new (I.e. new ticket number starting with 016), but your reservation number (6 character PNR) remains the same. In fact, the funds available are stored in that same PNR.
Thanks, this is helpful. The T&C of the Mile Play state that trip must be a "booking" made after the registration date. I would think my situation would qualify since I would be issued a new ticket number. Appreciate the response.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, B9, AA, DL, WN
I'd also guess that you will qualify for the Mile Play promo. I had a situation last year with even less of a "change" that qualified me by surprise... Made a Same Day Change on the outbound of a roundtrip which caused my entire ticket to be refared (technical glitch, that's not supposed to happen). Because of that, my "new" booking prompted the Mile Play bonus. I didn't look to see if I got a new 016 ticket number though, so can't tell you if that was the trigger.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.