United GPU on T Class Fare

Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, Starwood
Red face United GPU on T Class Fare

Hello Fellow Travelers:

Just wanted to share an interesting anomaly . . . is it "a bug or a feature"? In the past, you needed to be in W Class to apply a GPU on United.

It appears that they allowed me to apply a GPU to a T Class ticket (per the screenshot attached).

Not sure if this was a glitch or they changed the policy . . .

Cheers,

Herb
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
You can use GPUs on any CPU-eligible flight on any fare except basic economy and award tickets (GS exception for latter). No screen shot - need details.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by HerbGlobal
Hello Fellow Travelers:

Just wanted to share an interesting anomaly . . . is it "a bug or a feature"? In the past, you needed to be in W Class to apply a GPU on United.

It appears that they allowed me to apply a GPU to a T Class ticket (per the screenshot attached).

Cheers,

Herb
Domestic or international? The former is good, the latter is ungood.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by wxguy
Domestic or international? The former is good, the latter is ungood.
Some int'l (e.g. Mexico, etc) is good.
iluv2fly and wxguy like this.

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 14, 2019 at 7:54 am Reason: OMNI content removed
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hello Fellow Travelers:

Cheers,

Herb
Screen shot fell off.

Any chance your upgrade is to Premium Plus rather than Polaris?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Upgrade International Flight with GPU from Fare Class T

Sorry and with attachment . . . Upgraded International (US -> Europe) leg with GPU (waitlist)

Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, 3 MM; Marriott Titanium; IHG Platinum
Glitch?

Sorry and with attachment . . . Upgraded International (US -> Europe) leg with GPU (waitlist)

What does it say if you click upgrade request? If it does not say upgrade to premium plus, you are waitlisted for Polaris business. This is a likely glitch. Good luck!
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:20 am

What fare class does the website say is requested when you hover or click the "?" next to "Upgrade requested"?

If it says "RN", then that means your upgrade request is for a Premium Plus seat (which isn't sold on EWR-MAD yet, as far as I know). If it says "PZ", then that's a request for business class, but I would guess that's a bug, since W or higher is still required for a GPU to upgrade to business on this route.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

img
If you click on the circle-question mark, what does it show?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:24 am
Original Poster

On Upgrade Requested, it says:

Upgrade requested

Your upgrade to United Polaris business has been requested using a Global Premier Upgrade.
I am thinking maybe this is an issue with the new Premium Plus. However, the seat map does not look like there is any Premium Plus . . . also, it certainly refers to Polaris . . . we will see.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On Upgrade Requested, it says:Upgrade requested

Your upgrade to United Polaris business has been requested using a Global Premier Upgrade.
I am thinking maybe this is an issue with the new Premium Plus. However, the seat map does not look like there is any Premium Plus . . . also, it certainly refers to Polaris . . . we will see.
Lucky you. It will be interesting to know what happens. You're right that EWR-MAD is not designated for P+.

(Also, just a warning, posting about it here substantially increases the chance your upgrade request gets 'fixed', I would guess.)
AceReport likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
On Upgrade Requested, it says:Upgrade requested

congrats. This sometimes happens. Of course now UA knows as they are religiously monitoring this board ... and they know who we are So you may have just done yourself a disfavor by posting this It is usually better to just keep quiet when things happen in your favor.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by cfischer
congrats. This sometimes happens. Of course now UA knows as they are religiously monitoring this board ... and they know who we are So you may have just done yourself a disfavor by posting this It is usually better to just keep quiet when things happen in your favor.
I've never seen any indication UA messes with individual reservations based on what's posted here. Though disclosure of system issues may result in loopholes eventually being closed.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've never seen any indication UA messes with individual reservations based on what's posted here. Though disclosure of system issues may result in loopholes eventually being closed.
... I have ...
Old Feb 14, 2019, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
PZ will prob stay at 0 until departure so the whole thing will be a non issue
sincx likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.