Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > United Airlines | MileagePlus
Reload this Page >

MileagePlus - I just hit 10M Miles (RDMs)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MileagePlus - I just hit 10M Miles (RDMs)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Congratulations! Wow, that's a lot of LH F travel I would be doing...
Old Feb 15, 2019, 9:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
OP how long did this achievement take???
Old Feb 16, 2019, 6:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador/United 1K
Originally Posted by prometa
Okay, so with that many miles per mo you could qualify for 1K every year without spending a dime out of pocket. Actually, if you really wanted to, you could get GS through $50k of travel using 5M miles, which you'd earn back every 4 mos or so. Geez.
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Likely most of those in the form of UA CC spend.

Personally, I would leverage higher credit card earning choices, which would also allow more flexibility in redemption. Why limit to UA or *A with limited amount of saver awards when credit card points open up a lot more opportunities, and some at even at lower rates than UA.
Originally Posted by obunewbie17
OP how long did this achievement take???

Took me about 8-9 months as a result of spend. Had the SPG Amex, and switched to United Chase once the SPG Amex got devalued. Have to look into Freedom Unlimited. Do they have a business version of that?
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by lincoln841
Took me about 8-9 months as a result of spend. Had the SPG Amex, and switched to United Chase once the SPG Amex got devalued. Have to look into Freedom Unlimited. Do they have a business version of that?
Yes, Ink Business Unlimited.

To me, SPG AMEX is still more valuable than UA Chase. While it's no longer as lucrative as it used to be, there are still a lot of flexibility due to the number of transfer partners. With UA, you are locked into UA+partner redemption.

If you do a lot of travel, you need to look into AMEX Plat (5x airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x travel and entertainment). If you have any type of similar spend history with AMEX, I am certain you would be invited to the AMEX Centurion card.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 7:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by lincoln841
I've been waiting for this day for so long! I finally hit 10M MileagePlus miles after this month's Chase points posted! So excited and just wanted to share it
Congrats. Just think how much more you'd have if they hadn't invented PQDs
Old Feb 16, 2019, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, DL Silver, UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Platinum + LT Gold
Originally Posted by eng3
Most of OP's RDMs come from CC spend. Whatever devaluations as a result of PQD requirements are not much of significant play here.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by eng3
Possibly a lot less. If you're flying on full F or J fares, you're getting a lot *more* RDM than you were before.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K 1MM, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Raddison Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Repooc17
Most of OP's RDMs come from CC spend. Whatever devaluations as a result of PQD requirements are not much of significant play here.
Originally Posted by STS-134
Possibly a lot less. If you're flying on full F or J fares, you're getting a lot *more* RDM than you were before.
Ah I see, didnt read the whole thread.
I was just thinking of my own experience being 1K flying in economy
Old Feb 19, 2019, 7:02 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
The CSR discussion was moved to moved to the Chase forum where there is extensive discussion of the benefits and use of CSR
High points earning from business, is CSR a better card?

WineCountryUA
UA coModerator

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Feb 19, 2019 at 7:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.